Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
my ratings:

Chimenti - 6
Cannavaro - 6
Montero - 6.5
Pessotto - 6
Zebina - 5.5 (he gave the opponents a penalty :p )
Appiah - 7
Blasi - 6
Tacchinardi - 6
Nedved - 5.5 (nothing went his way.)
del Piero - 6.5
Zalayeta - 5.5
Zambrotta - 6.0
Kapo - 6.0

this is my ratings. I almost fell asleep when watching, so dont take this seriously

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I just hope we avoid Barcelona they are really good the only team who is at our level from what I see they are even better so every team we face as long as it is not Barcelona is fine with me. Ofcourse I would prefer not facing Man Utd or Real Madrid eigther so we get the easiest draw in the CL but no metter who we will get in the draw as long as it is not Barca we will kick their ass

Rainforest Liu

Apr 26, 2004
It was a difficult match against Maccabi Tel Aviv: the Bianconeri started well but it was the Israeli who took the lead, converting the penalty. Del Piero draw levels in the second half. Chimenti saves the result in the last few minutes.

A victory against Juventus would give Maccabi the chance to remain on the European scene. They try to score right away, when Zitoni, after 2 minutes, aims at the net from outside the box, but the ball goes off target. It looks like a bright start for the Israeli but Juventus hits right back with Nedved worrying Nir with a ground free kick, then again troubling Nir with a powerful drive from 20 metres, deflected into the corner.
The most appetizing occasion of the match occurs after 20 minutes, with an amazing action built up by Juventus: Pessotto drives from the right, the ball crosses the penalty area, intercepted by Zebina. Then another cross for Del Piero, who tries to dribble the goalkeeper, is obstacled but can eventually get through. Maccabi’s defenders finally catch up and clear. Juventus dominates the game but Maccabi manages to take the lead, converting a penalty: on 28’ minutes Mbamba and Zebina clash in the box and referee Sars gives the penalty. Dego beats Chimenti from 11 metres. Scoring boosts Maccabi’s self-confidence and they become dangerous when Abo Siam calls Chimenti to save from outside the box and when Cohen’s free kick skims the post. Juventus counterattacks with Kapo, whose finish from 30 metres is powerful but off target. This is the last thrill of the first half.
During the break, Capello replaces Blasi with Appiah. After 7 minutes, his shot to the net is weak and Nir can easily clear. The second half’s pace is quite slow and thrills lack, until Zambrotta, after replacing Pessotto, assists a header for Zalayeta who serves Del Piero, waiting in the middle of the box. The captain is implacable from close range: it’s 1-1. The draw achieved, Juventus tries to win: Ibrahimovic replaces Del Piero and his freshness worries the Israeli defence. However, the most appetizing occasion occurs to Maccabi, when Giovannini truly troubles Chimenti after 38 minutes, but the Brazilian downward header is brilliantly saved on the line by the Bianconeri’s goalkeeper. During the extra time, Ibrahimovic may give the Bianconeri the victory but his left-footed shot is wide of the net. The match ends 1-1, with Juventus missing to achieve the sixth consecutive victory out of six Champions’ League matches, but they still maintained the unbeaten lead in Group C. Let’s now wait and see who’s going to be next opponent in Round Two.

MACCABI TEL AVIV
Nir; Moosa, Giovanini, Mishaelof (31’ sh Reis), Strool ; Abo Siam, Cohen T., Zitoni (37’ sh Mesika), Cohen L.; Dego, Mbamba (31’ sh Addo)
Substitues: Strauber, Bounfed, Nagar, Shina
Manager: Klinger

JUVENTUS
Chimenti; Zebina, Cannavaro, Montero, Pessotto (24’ sh Zambrotta); Kapo, Blasi (1’ sh Appiah), Tacchinardi, Nedved; Zalayeta, Del Piero (29’ sh Ibrahimovic)
Substitues: Buffon, Ferrara, Tudor, De Ceglie
Manager: Capello

Referee: Sars (Francia)

Goalscorers: 29’fh Dego (P), 27’ sh Del Piero

Yellow cards: 27’ fh Blasi, 42’ fh Mishaelof, 43’ fh Cannavaro, 23’ sh Nir

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I just watched most of the game on the UEFA action pass (best 40 euro's I've ever spent !!)

We cannot use the excuse "the reserves played" because we had enough first teamers out there, and it wasnt pretty.

We had nothing to really play for, yes I know, but once again, we make a small, mediocre team look like UEFA Cup winners.

Our finishing was poor, passing sub-par, and we were out-hustled too many times (i've heard this before, somewhere.....)

I thought this could have turned into a "showcase" type of game for us, going out there and winning 3, 4, or 5 to nothing against a totally inferior team, but I was wrong

What is going to happen when we face either Real, Man U or even (gulp !!) Barca ???

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I just watched most of the game on the UEFA action pass (best 40 euro's I've ever spent !!)

We cannot use the excuse "the reserves played" because we had enough first teamers out there, and it wasnt pretty.

We had nothing to really play for, yes I know, but once again, we make a small, mediocre team look like UEFA Cup winners.

Our finishing was poor, passing sub-par, and we were out-hustled too many times (i've heard this before, somewhere.....)

I thought this could have turned into a "showcase" type of game for us, going out there and winning 3, 4, or 5 to nothing against a totally inferior team, but I was wrong

What is going to happen when we face either Real, Man U or even (gulp !!) Barca ???
Vinman, you seem like a very strange guy to me. In a match, where the players have absolutly NO MOTIVATION to win, and not one single Juve fan cares about the result, you still put your "everything is so bad and wrong" posts in. Keep it up :cool:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, that was a lacklustre performance, to say the least. We had a lot of possesion, passed the ball around nicely in our own half, but then when we pushed the ball up to the opposing half it looked like we had no idea what to do with it. But its not like we did not create many chances, rather, we could not finish them off. It seems the equipment manager forgot to bring the shooting boots for this match. Shots wide, shots over the bar, indecision in front of goal were the main headlines tonight. The side had a few nice passing displays in the first 45, with the ball being crossed back and forth across the box from Zebina to Pessotto after Del Piero and Zalayeta hooked up, with the latter heading only towards the keeper. Kapo made some runs into space on the right side the box, but his passes inside the box left something to be desired. Nedved was our best player once again in attack, and IMO if Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet were field we would have won 4-1.

The defense actually played fairly well except for some mishaps. We kept the Maccabi players outside of the box mostly, especially in the first half. The second half was not as good, and the defense looked stretched at some points. Thanks to a brilliant save by Chimenti, we drew 1-1. Fair result I suppose. But major improvements must be made before the next matchday.

Chimenti looked solid in goal for us. Although he scared me a bit when Montero lofted the ball back to him right infront of the goal, only for our #12 to start juggling the ball with an oncoming Mbama. But he made some key saves. 7

Zebina really had a poor match, one of his worst so far this season. Sort of pushed the Maccabi player in the box, but the penalty decision was a bit harsh IMO. 4.5

Cannavaro had a typical match for his standards, but really was not tested all that much. 6

Montero was mostly unchallenged thank goodness, and was not that noticeble. Looked okay distributing the ball around but still looks shakey whenever a player runs at him with the ball. 6

Pessotto went on a voyage up field numerous times during the match, and created some chances. His defending looked rather shakey though. 6

Kapo made some good runs on the right flank, and looks sharp with the ball at his feet. But he must improve his passing and decision making if he wants to start for Juve. Not a bad first Champions League start, not a great one either. 6.5

Tacchinardi had a solid match for us, and his passing looked good for some odd reason. Maybe a return of our great midfield warrior? Probably not, but thanks anyway for a good performance. 7

Blasi was lively in midfield, but did not do much other than tackling. Status quo performance by Manuele. 6

Nedved was our best player, and he made his usual surging runs up the left flank and cutting inside for shots as well. He was creating the most chances, and he keeps showing his importance to the club. 8

Zalayeta. Man this guy needs some ball work. His touches just are not up to par. He is strong and physical, which is a plus, but he would be more effective if he could handle the ball well. 5.5

Del Piero was controlling the ball rather nicely, and tried to get involved in the match the best he could. He did create some chances, including the one he chipped past the keeper to Zalayeta. Not bad, but again not great either. 7.5

Zambrotta came in and made some runs, thats it there.

Ibrahimovic was only noticed when he was stading in the wall, somewhat disenchanted.

Buckle up boys and girls, the next round is when the real games begin.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

not in a talkative mood I take it? ... oh well.
yeah that was true :D but now I don't care to share...
I realy enjoyed, it was my first ever Juventus game, and who whould have believed it will be here.
Even though Juve played crap (in their standard), it was still Juve and I was able to watch Nedved, Zlatan, Del Piero, Zambrotta make their runs behind my nose (Zambrotta was very good since he came in as a sub).
I would have been realy pissed off if Del Piero hadn't score and we lose the game.
So I was very happy when Del Piero scored, even if it ruins Maccabi day :D
I also saw the players from a very close range at the airport, and saw the training too. that was a fantastic day.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Confident finish by Del Piero :thumb: I hope this is the start of an improvement in front of goal for the captain because his finishing has been quite poor at times this season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
As long as we avoid Barcelona I'll be satisfied. I don't really want to face Man Utd either, but all of the others are certainly beatable. I wouldn't mind getting Real, but perhaps not because they could decide to hit top form for those two games, knock us out of the tournament, and then go back to playing their sh!te.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Confident finish by Del Piero :thumb: I hope this is the start of an improvement in front of goal for the captain because his finishing has been quite poor at times this season.
It was a nice finish but it fell to him so conveniently that it would have been almost harder to miss. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)