(CL)Juventus vs Werder Bremen (3 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
IncuboRossonero said:
This time I'm not celebrating until the final whistle is blown and the opposing team LEAVES the field ;)
whats the point to wait and watch the opposing team leaving the pitch after their celebrations :p by that time your team is already packing their bags

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
Maybe or maybe not, It could be also they think they know their football and not blinded by past success of said coach and are actually going by performances. I have got to tell you I have been watching football for a very long time, age does not matter as there are videos.I have seen Brazil in the 70s , not live off cos but watched them play 4-2-4. I have seen so many formations like 4-2-4, 4-3-3, 4-5-2 and so many variants of these and this season i have setanta sports which have shown every single Juventus game, be it live or delayed, i have sky sports which shows every cl game and i have rai uno which shows the coppa itali games and I am totally bemused with Capello almost all the time. Why are we persisiting with 4-4-2, with that formation you need great athletes and with the greatest respect to Juve we do not have these. Zambrotta, Balzaretti and an aging Nedved is the best we can offer as athletes. As a Barcelona or Milan fan , you have confidence that your team is playing well and more importantly, the players seem to be comfortable with what the coach wants and they all seem happy. With Capello, its always an individual who has to bail him out all the time. Everyone goes on about his accomplishments and all that but let me ask you this, how many coaches ever have had the talents of these strikers at their disposal in their career? While he was at Milan he had Gullit, Van Basten all time greats, then he had Weah , world player of the years and arguably the greatest talent to come out of Africa and thats saying something, Savicevic, boban, Learnado, at Real Madrid , he had Raul , alltime great, at Roma he had Totti, Batistuta (greatest goal scorer in Argentina)and Montella and at Juve he has Trezeguet one of France's highest goal scorers, Dp, Zlatan. Now when you have this kinda strikers how can you fail?
But you guys just look at the resume and thats it, he is the greatest, forgetting that managers like Wenger , Ferguson and mainly Mourinho have achived as much but without the talent, i mean Mourinho has Drogba, Crespo, Derlei and McCarthy as his strikers whilst winning the premeirship, Cl and Uefa. Would Capello have achieved quite as much with these strikers, not a chance. No we are not moaning becasue we dislike Capello's treatment of our "idol" Dp, we are moaning cos with the array of talent at his disposal they should be playing better and not just going on marginal winning streaks that helps in serieA but will not mean a jot in Cl. On a side note, Liverpool who we made champions last season got beaten home and away by Benfica and believe me, i am still galled by our pathetic display to Liverpool last season too. I would respect the guy more if he actually showed that he could change things tactically not just rely on individuals , oh lets bring on Dp for Zlatan and Mutu for Camo , and hope they shine and get me outta jail.
How about playing 4-3-3?
Buffon
Balzaretti------Thuram----Cannavaro------Zambrotta

Camo-----------Emerson/Vieria-----------Nedved

_------Trez-------------Dp/Zlatan------------Mutu

What do we need 2 defensive mfs for if Werder can just slice thru our defences like that , why not add a more creative player so we can be on the ascendency and once we start leading we can close up shop? Let Nedved rove for goodness sakes, and let Camo and Mutu be able to swap wings, do something different cos we are too predictable in Europe and not very threatening
very good post i have to say

well i agree that the team should've put on better displays this season.Also abt the treatment of alex.

abt don fabio... u are looking at the teams and the players he had, and u r forgetting the other teams that he competes with. He isn't facing easy competition.Serie A for me is the toughest league in the world, and even if u have individuals attacking individuals u can;t just go on and put an attacking formation..the team will play nice football but the backline would just leak goals and i dont think it will be stable enough.
In Milan they dominated europe and its not just me saying that many ppl r saying that.
In Roma they were playing the best football in italy.I always enjoyed watching that team when cap was there.Beautiful flowing football, the best i have seen in my whole life.For more than one year as well.

How come u didnt speak abt last year? when we had the best defence in serieA, and thats all the players to thank ?

For the bremen game....i dont know how u missed that... both our wingers had more freedom than the games before.They constantly interchanging.I saw neddy all over the field.IMO we didnt have a bad game.We deserved to win that game, we were by far the better team, and other than that goal they didnt have that much chances..
only becuz we didnt convert the chances we get, then its caps fault ?I said it b4 and i will say it again, he got it right this time.Bremen are an attacking team any attacking formation would've just finished our chances.

abt mourinho, ur talking abt drogba... mourinho has the one of the best midfields in the world..If u even put the worst striker in the world he would score.And chelsea's play depends on the midfield doing the difference not the striker.Same with porto he had a very good midfield.Although for me porto's win was a complete fluke.. but again it goes into mourinho's resume.

U can't say if the players r happy or not... we dont know wat goes on behind closed doors.

How r great coaches measured? isnt it by their achievements? So basically their resumes have to speak for themselves.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
denco said:
Maybe or maybe not, It could be also they think they know their football and not blinded by past success of said coach and are actually going by performances. I have got to tell you I have been watching football for a very long time, age does not matter as there are videos.I have seen Brazil in the 70s , not live off cos but watched them play 4-2-4. I have seen so many formations like 4-2-4, 4-3-3, 4-5-2 and so many variants of these and this season i have setanta sports which have shown every single Juventus game, be it live or delayed, i have sky sports which shows every cl game and i have rai uno which shows the coppa itali games and I am totally bemused with Capello almost all the time. Why are we persisiting with 4-4-2, with that formation you need great athletes and with the greatest respect to Juve we do not have these. Zambrotta, Balzaretti and an aging Nedved is the best we can offer as athletes. As a Barcelona or Milan fan , you have confidence that your team is playing well and more importantly, the players seem to be comfortable with what the coach wants and they all seem happy. With Capello, its always an individual who has to bail him out all the time. Everyone goes on about his accomplishments and all that but let me ask you this, how many coaches ever have had the talents of these strikers at their disposal in their career? While he was at Milan he had Gullit, Van Basten all time greats, then he had Weah , world player of the years and arguably the greatest talent to come out of Africa and thats saying something, Savicevic, boban, Learnado, at Real Madrid , he had Raul , alltime great, at Roma he had Totti, Batistuta (greatest goal scorer in Argentina)and Montella and at Juve he has Trezeguet one of France's highest goal scorers, Dp, Zlatan. Now when you have this kinda strikers how can you fail?
But you guys just look at the resume and thats it, he is the greatest, forgetting that managers like Wenger , Ferguson and mainly Mourinho have achived as much but without the talent, i mean Mourinho has Drogba, Crespo, Derlei and McCarthy as his strikers whilst winning the premeirship, Cl and Uefa. Would Capello have achieved quite as much with these strikers, not a chance. No we are not moaning becasue we dislike Capello's treatment of our "idol" Dp, we are moaning cos with the array of talent at his disposal they should be playing better and not just going on marginal winning streaks that helps in serieA but will not mean a jot in Cl. On a side note, Liverpool who we made champions last season got beaten home and away by Benfica and believe me, i am still galled by our pathetic display to Liverpool last season too. I would respect the guy more if he actually showed that he could change things tactically not just rely on individuals , oh lets bring on Dp for Zlatan and Mutu for Camo , and hope they shine and get me outta jail.
How about playing 4-3-3?
Buffon
Balzaretti------Thuram----Cannavaro------Zambrotta

Camo-----------Emerson/Vieria-----------Nedved

_------Trez-------------Dp/Zlatan------------Mutu

What do we need 2 defensive mfs for if Werder can just slice thru our defences like that , why not add a more creative player so we can be on the ascendency and once we start leading we can close up shop? Let Nedved rove for goodness sakes, and let Camo and Mutu be able to swap wings, do something different cos we are too predictable in Europe and not very threatening
I tottally understand you point of view....
I however dont think that he will change things unfortunately -If anything, we need reform in CL games. In Serie A, he is bound 2 b very rigid because of the results his 4-4-2 has given us. He will probably have a "If it aint broke dont fix it attitude" given that we've been #1 since he took over + 4-4-2 has given us goals every game this season. I just hope he realises that Europe is a different proposition all 2-gether.....Your post is reasonable IMO, though I might not tottally agree.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
sateeh said:

well i agree that the team should've put on better displays this season.Also abt the treatment of alex.

abt don fabio... u are looking at the teams and the players he had, and u r forgetting the other teams that he competes with. He isn't facing easy competition.Serie A for me is the toughest league in the world, and even if u have individuals attacking individuals u can;t just go on and put an attacking formation..the team will play nice football but the backline would just leak goals and i dont think it will be stable enough.
In Milan they dominated europe and its not just me saying that many ppl r saying that.
In Roma they were playing the best football in italy.I always enjoyed watching that team when cap was there.Beautiful flowing football, the best i have seen in my whole life.For more than one year as well.

How come u didnt speak abt last year? when we had the best defence in serieA, and thats all the players to thank ?

For the bremen game....i dont know how u missed that... both our wingers had more freedom than the games before.They constantly interchanging.I saw neddy all over the field.IMO we didnt have a bad game.We deserved to win that game, we were by far the better team, and other than that goal they didnt have that much chances..
only becuz we didnt convert the chances we get, then its caps fault ?I said it b4 and i will say it again, he got it right this time.Bremen are an attacking team any attacking formation would've just finished our chances.

abt mourinho, ur talking abt drogba... mourinho has the one of the best midfields in the world..If u even put the worst striker in the world he would score.And chelsea's play depends on the midfield doing the difference not the striker.Same with porto he had a very good midfield.Although for me porto's win was a complete fluke.. but again it goes into mourinho's resume.

U can't say if the players r happy or not... we dont know wat goes on behind closed doors.

How r great coaches measured? isnt it by their achievements? So basically their resumes have to speak for themselves.
I aslo agree with this...... Super post !

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:

I admire your post even if i do not necessarily agree with it but at least its constructive and not abusive. Let me first tackle your serieA being the best toughest league in the world. Are you talking about this season? For let me tell you that apart from Inter and Milan, the sum far outweighs the parts in every other team. Roma went 11 consecutive games winning in serieA without a recognised striker and lost to Middlesborough yesterday. Fiorentina are 4th and only have Toni who is up and coming by the way and Fiore as the most recognisable names there and you have to be a connoiseur of Italian football to recognise those names. Look at the misfits that are shining at Livorno
Going to Roma, i have to admit he did a fantastic job there but he got the fabulous football from Zeman as he was the one that started the trident of Montella, Totti and Delvecchio and Cafu and Candella as wingbacks. Capello just added the immense Batisuta to make them league champs but for the gloriuos play it was from Zeman.
The same way he took the glamorous football of Milan from Sacchi and once it really became his team they were more methodical but they were still entertaining
Milan dominated as you put it mainly because preBosman, they could buy all the big stars so that others could not but them and you could not fill more than 3 foreigners at a time then and they were the richest in the world. At 1 time he had Van Basten, Gullit, Papin, Savicevic, Boban, Laudrup and players of that ilk sitting in the stands. He also had the best Italina players playing for him like Baresi, Maldini, Tassotti, Donadoni, Albertini. With this kinda mix how could he fail?
By the way they only won 1 cl under Capello
While Sacchi with an arguably weaker squad won 2
You say we were by far the better team against Werder Bremen but thats not true, we had to win so we were pressing but it was not tactical, it was not like they had a game plan, Bremen did not have to press, all they had to do was break and score and they did that and had other chances as well.
Wiese has come in for a lot of praise for his unbelievable performance and also his blunder but all night it was clear he is a fantanstic shot stopper but hopeless at crosses, so whay did the best manager in the world not think it willbe better to pepper them with crosses?
You say Mourinho has the best midfield in the world and any stiker would perform with that kinda service, are you telling me if they had a Trez, or a sheva they will not have won against Barcelona?
The point is that Mourinho uses his tactics to creat openings and changes the game tactically to suit the occasion and has made a world class performer out of the likes of Cole and lampard but Capello relies on his world class strikers to bail him out.
I am not a manager but looking from afar, and i dont stand in awe as to how Capello changes games or how his mind works but I see what Mourinho and Benitez do with lesser players, they do not have to rely on world class strikers to win matches eevn if that has ironically hurt Benitez all his career, if he had or relied on strikers the way Capello does he would have won more but he as won 2 la liga with unfancied Valencia and 1 cl with unfancied Liverpool
You call Mourinho's cl win a fluke, so he was also a fluke by winning the UEFA cup as well thrashing Eriksson's Lazio 4-0 along the way in the semis.
I just feel with the players we have we ought to be playing better but Nedved on the wing, Mutu on the wing, Dp on the bench, Emerson and Vieria not gelling at all, its gotta be the manager's doing but we are 10points clear in serieA so what do i know? Go figure

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
I admire your post even if i do not necessarily agree with it but at least its constructive and not abusive. Let me first tackle your serieA being the best toughest league in the world. Are you talking about this season? For let me tell you that apart from Inter and Milan, the sum far outweighs the parts in every other team. Roma went 11 consecutive games winning in serieA without a recognised striker and lost to Middlesborough yesterday. Fiorentina are 4th and only have Toni who is up and coming by the way and Fiore as the most recognisable names there and you have to be a connoiseur of Italian football to recognise those names. Look at the misfits that are shining at Livorno
Going to Roma, i have to admit he did a fantastic job there but he got the fabulous football from Zeman as he was the one that started the trident of Montella, Totti and Delvecchio and Cafu and Candella as wingbacks. Capello just added the immense Batisuta to make them league champs but for the gloriuos play it was from Zeman.
The same way he took the glamorous football of Milan from Sacchi and once it really became his team they were more methodical but they were still entertaining
Milan dominated as you put it mainly because preBosman, they could buy all the big stars so that others could not but them and you could not fill more than 3 foreigners at a time then and they were the richest in the world. At 1 time he had Van Basten, Gullit, Papin, Savicevic, Boban, Laudrup and players of that ilk sitting in the stands. He also had the best Italina players playing for him like Baresi, Maldini, Tassotti, Donadoni, Albertini. With this kinda mix how could he fail?
By the way they only won 1 cl under Capello
While Sacchi with an arguably weaker squad won 2
You say we were by far the better team against Werder Bremen but thats not true, we had to win so we were pressing but it was not tactical, it was not like they had a game plan, Bremen did not have to press, all they had to do was break and score and they did that and had other chances as well.
Wiese has come in for a lot of praise for his unbelievable performance and also his blunder but all night it was clear he is a fantanstic shot stopper but hopeless at crosses, so whay did the best manager in the world not think it willbe better to pepper them with crosses?
You say Mourinho has the best midfield in the world and any stiker would perform with that kinda service, are you telling me if they had a Trez, or a sheva they will not have won against Barcelona?
The point is that Mourinho uses his tactics to creat openings and changes the game tactically to suit the occasion and has made a world class performer out of the likes of Cole and lampard but Capello relies on his world class strikers to bail him out.
I am not a manager but looking from afar, and i dont stand in awe as to how Capello changes games or how his mind works but I see what Mourinho and Benitez do with lesser players, they do not have to rely on world class strikers to win matches eevn if that has ironically hurt Benitez all his career, if he had or relied on strikers the way Capello does he would have won more but he as won 2 la liga with unfancied Valencia and 1 cl with unfancied Liverpool
You call Mourinho's cl win a fluke, so he was also a fluke by winning the UEFA cup as well thrashing Eriksson's Lazio 4-0 along the way in the semis.
I just feel with the players we have we ought to be playing better but Nedved on the wing, Mutu on the wing, Dp on the bench, Emerson and Vieria not gelling at all, its gotta be the manager's doing but we are 10points clear in serieA so what do i know? Go figure
again a really good post

- abt the serie A, well this season aswell..i think its one of the toughest. Look at teams like Sampa,livorno,palermo,at the begining there was udinese,viola,as well as the 5 big teams.Only cuz we managed to brush aside these teams, doesnt mean they r easy.. milan and inter had problems with all these teams, thats why we have the 10 point lead.Cuz these teams and others managed to stop the big teams.So i think we still have a tough League.

-abt cap, although zeman set the foundations for the team, he couldn't get the precious scudetto.Cap went there and he had the glamorous style of football and won the league in style imo.
Abt milan, and how he couldn't fail...well some managers couldn't handle the big names and their teams still failed, but he knew how to handle them and again with him they were almost unstoppobale.
And Sacchi is a legend, and he showed he knows how to deal with the Knockout style championships, as he took the azzuri to final of 94.

-abt mourinho, i was talking to a friend abt him, and he said something abt him being Inflexible, as u didnt see him changing chelsea's formation in two seasons.Both in the EPL and CL.Although they weren't doing that well some games at the season.
In the first and 2nd barca games there were soo many mistakes in his tactics and the less experienced Rijjkard just taught him a lesson.
In the first game, when he was one man down, why the hell would he get Shawn Right Philips in ? When he could've just played for the draw, as he is one man down, Maniche would've been a better choice imo.Better than being exposed and losing the game.
And wat did rijjkard did ? he got ronnie behind the strikers and just pinned the chelsea players in their own half.
And in the 2nd game he needed to score but again he isnt flexible enough to change his formation and start with two strikers, or anything else.As he 4-5-1 formation is a counter attack formation.
And surprise surprise the barca team just taught them a lesson in football and made them look like little children not professional players.
Abt his squad , well now i think chelsea have the overall squad in the world.They have soo much depth and two world class players in every position.They have a better squad than barca,juve, lyon.And how come he loses ? how come they r playing this boring brand of football? noboy is asking that question. i guess he isnt the special one after all.

-Benetiz is a better tactical coach than mourino but again he won the CL by defending well and playing counter. The should'nt have one the CL and imo they had all the luck in the world to beat milan that day.
He had a good unit in valencia , a better squad than barca for sure and he only needed to eliminate the competition of real and he did.But he is a very good coach.
But now where did his defending take him? he couldn't score against a weaker benfica , and benfica just used their best weapon against them.He made many mistakes in the transfer market as he didnt buy a better striker than the ones he has , as they are just waayy below standards of the Champions.

-we should be playing a better brand of football but sometimes we might lose here and there and we wouldn't as comfortable as we r in the league. So for me winning is more important.
Abt the playmaker position, we got viera cuz we needed a CM who can make a different upfront but also can defend well.Viera is one of the few who did that Wonderfully with the Gunners.But now he isnt doing so thats one reason.If Viera does his job better than we wouldnt have much of a problem.
And the problem with neddy is that he isnt young anymore and he isnt as consistant so we can't depend on him to create plays.And also that would eliminate the use of Camo or we would need him to be more defensive and then we couldn't use him on the wing where he is soo good.

Gradient

Jan 26, 2006
AAAHHHH! Bremen 0:3 down against Berlin after 83 minutes. They thought they are kings after they nearly knocked out Juve. They are so unprofessional. They would not have deserved quarter finals. Congratualation! :mad:

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, Werder lost big time today at home against Berlin. That's the first win for Berlin since 13 games. And guess who made a mistake before the first goal? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)