[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (25 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ReBeL said:
The latests from Turin say that we have another obstacle ahead...

Rain has made Delle Alpi a muddy pitch, and although it ceased now, but it may come back soon...
this might actually help us, if we are as bad as last week we kept on hoofing the ball up front and played very little real football while arsenal on the other hand got the ball down and played a bit, a sodden,muddy,dug up pitch might play to our advantage as aresnal will struggle to make the game flow on this sort of surface

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Bozi.78 said:
this might actually help us, if we are as bad as last week we kept on hoofing the ball up front and played very little real football while arsenal on the other hand got the ball down and played a bit, a sodden,muddy,dug up pitch might play to our advantage as aresnal will struggle to make the game flow on this sort of surface
My thoughts, as well, amico mio

I say we win and go through, until proven otherwise ;)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
were gonna need a 110% from everyone. our mid needs to create, no friggen long balls! if they create nicely, trezegol will be there to knock them all in. nedved and mutu need to work the sides all game, 1st leg, we hardly had any crosses.

ibra could redeem a whole season of under-acheiving by having a stellar peformance today (most likely wont happen lol, but hypothetically).

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
JuventusFan said:
I haven't been posting here for a long time now, althoughI've been reading new posts on a daily basis. But since this is probably our most difficult match of the season, I decided to post my thoughts.

Of course, last week's performance was a complete disaster. Camoranesi's pointless red card made things even worse, we lost hope of scoring an away goal and were at risk of conceding a third goal.

Anyways, it's all in the past now. I was really hoping Capello would play with a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2 formation (although it's highly improbable). But after learning about Del Piero's injury, I think 4-4-2 would be the best option since we only have one forward substitute on the bench, Zalayeta.

I expect the game won't stay at 0-0 for long. Juventus will go forward from the very beginning, Arsenal will either break under pressure and concede a goal, or will cope with the pressure and hit us on the counter-attack.

Whoever gets the first goal will probably go through, it's impossible for us to score 4 goals. And Arsenal don't have enough experienced players to keep the morale up if they concede early.

About the absent players, Del Piero will be sorely missed. But I think the other missing players may be more of an advantage: Camoranesi's ill-temper and inconsistency would've been frustrating in this game, Zebina is only good when he's fully concentrated (Which doesn't happen a lot), and Vieira hasn't been at his best lately, he could've gotten too emotional at one point if he was playing tonight.

It seems Nedved got a red card on purpose against Roma, he wanted to be in his best condition for this match. I think Capello will tell him to try to shoot from distance, since Lehmann is certainly not the best keeper when it comes to long-range shots.

My prediction: Juve will score early, Arsenal will panic, Juve score a second and relax a bit. Arsenal will be confused through the whole game but Juve won't take advantage. Late on Henry will produce a magical goal and end our hopes.

Juventus 2 - 1 Arsenal.

I hope I'm wrong, I believe we still have a chance, although it's unlikely.

FORZA JUVE.
Welcome back,and I hope you're wrong.:)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
JuventusFan said:
Whoever gets the first goal will probably go through, it's impossible for us to score 4 goals. And Arsenal don't have enough experienced players to keep the morale up if they concede early.

My prediction: Juve will score early, Arsenal will panic, Juve score a second and relax a bit. Arsenal will be confused through the whole game but Juve won't take advantage. Late on Henry will produce a magical goal and end our hopes.

Juventus 2 - 1 Arsenal.

I hope I'm wrong, I believe we still have a chance, although it's unlikely.

FORZA JUVE.
Welcome back. Well they may not have that much experience but they have a great talisman on the pitch and captain. Henry will certainly raise there game. Also toure seems to be the back line leader and he has experince as well as possibly pires in midfield. So I dont see it much of a weakness infact the english mentality is never say never.. it always seems to work for them.

The prediction certainly sounds fairly realistic I mean if we do achieve scoring a goal or two no doubt arsenal would claw one back easily. Tough night, we hang on a thread.. I hope lady luck is around.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Welcome back. Well they may not have that much experience but they have a great talisman on the pitch and captain. Henry will certainly raise there game. Also toure seems to be the back line leader and he has experince as well as possibly pires in midfield. So I dont see it much of a weakness infact the english mentality is never say never.. it always seems to work for them.

The prediction certainly sounds fairly realistic I mean if we do achieve scoring a goal or two no doubt arsenal would claw one back easily. Tough night, we hang on a thread.. I hope lady luck is around.
:D

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
i think lehmann is a good for nothing keeper and its a joke that he would say he is the best number one for Germany
i do hope juve can seriously take good advantage of arsenal's fragile defense

Sep 14, 2003
There were covers on the field until about 5PM CET. Just saw a report from pitch side and it's stopped raining, fans are already beginning to take their places.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
If this was winning 11:

-----------------Buffon---------------------

------ --thuram---Kovac---canna ------------

Balza---------------------------------Zambrotta

------------------Emerson-------------------

---------Mutu-----------------Nedved-------

---------------------Trez----------------------

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
If this was winning 11:

a big IF

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
If this was winning 11:

no abbiati? :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)