[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (15 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Vinman said:
Here is the Vinman's fearless prediction-

there will be NO surprises today :

1) CapeLOL will go with his usual tactics and played-out 4-4-2 formation, which means that Neddy and Mutu will be played out of their strongest positions

2) Zlatan will try to do the impossible with the ball, and fail miserably

3) Trez will get no service

4) Arsenal will be all over us with their speed, which we will have no response to

5) CapeLOL will make NO adjustments during the game

6) Arsenal will score

7) we will not

8) we will lose !!!

As the great New York Yankees legend Yogi Berra once said-

"its deja vu all over again"

Juve 0 Arsenal 2

It ain't over till it's over. :p

Oct 1, 2002
what if you're wrong?

Vinman said:
Here is the Vinman's fearless prediction-

there will be NO surprises today :

1) CapeLOL will go with his usual tactics and played-out 4-4-2 formation, which means that Neddy and Mutu will be played out of their strongest positions

2) Zlatan will try to do the impossible with the ball, and fail miserably

3) Trez will get no service

4) Arsenal will be all over us with their speed, which we will have no response to

5) CapeLOL will make NO adjustments during the game

6) Arsenal will score

7) we will not

8) we will lose !!!

As the great New York Yankees legend Yogi Berra once said-

"its deja vu all over again"

Juve 0 Arsenal 2

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
please god dont let vinnys vision come true, i promise i will stop masturbating on a daily occassion..............well till the end of the week..deal>??

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Did Capello think of what this man's thinking of??

----------------------------------------------------------

Why Eboué must ignore runs of Juventus talisman

The big question for any team with a two-goal lead from the first leg of a cup tie is whether to stick or twist. Juventus would put all the emphasis on defending but I don't think it would suit Arsenal to do that. They should play their natural game tonight except by restricting the galloping runs of their full-backs to keep the back four shape. It will be important to stay solid and try to snuff out the threat of Pavel Nedved.

The Czech was suspended for the game at Highbury and will add some much needed inspiration for Juve on the left. He comes infield a lot - with and without the ball - to link with his strikers or create space for colleagues to accelerate into down that touchline.

The right-back, whether Emmanuel Eboué or a stand-in, has to hold his ground because if he follows Nedved across the pitch there will be space for Giorgio Chiellini or another Juventus player to move into. Gilberto Silva has to move across and pick up Nedved, and the other midfielders must shuffle across as well to keep Arsenal well protected.

It may leave Gianluca Zambrotta or Adrian Mutu free on the opposite side but that's not a big concern. If the ball goes to them, Arsenal are still goalside and can swing back across the pitch.

Unless Juventus change tactics and mirror their opponents with five in midfield, Arsenal should have an extra midfielder to deal with Nedved. The five against four in that area was massive for them in the first leg and Patrick Vieira and Emerson ran out of legs in the last 20 minutes.

This game is likely to suit Arsenal similarly. They will rely on the speed of their counter-attacking as Juventus are forced to sacrifice some security in front of their experienced but ageing centre-backs in search of a goal.

One of the reasons Arsenal have been so solid in Europe is that they rarely get outnumbered on the break. There is no need for their full-backs to expose the team by getting forward tonight, even though that goes against Eboué's natural instincts, and I expect Arsenal to progress because I cannot see Juventus pulling an ace out of the pack.

David Pleat

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
London Gunners said:
Yeah yo make some true comments. I agree, Milan can be like a "machine"..even when not playing well they dont panic and lie in wait like a snkae for the opportunities to come..just like yesterday.

With Juve i think Ibra is a fantastic player..he was better last season but players go through 2nd hard seaosns at a club and i think he will be great for you in the furture. As for Trezgol..what can i say, i love him..he's so lethal thats its untrue..we'll have to watch him very close tonight! Emerson and Vieira are both world class and two of the best in their position along with Gilberto and a few others in the world.

I must say im glad Del Piero is outn tonight but i wish Neved was out too..he is the player we fear most tonight..hes dangerous..very dangeorus!
True,Nedved is our greatest attacking force tonight!
I agree with you!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Thats a good analysis from david pleat.

"Unless Juventus change tactics and mirror their opponents with five in midfield"

His a genious. Infact so are we :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Alucard Belmont said:
yeah, you're wrong. since there's so many stuffs in your prediction, some of them might be wrong.
not the result, my friend

look in the thread from the last game with Arsenal at my prediction...balls on, brother !!:eyebrows:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Emerson sure of Juve redemption

Emerson is confident that hard work will enable Juventus to overcome Arsenal FC in tonight's UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg.

Live chat
The Serie A leaders trail by two goals after last week's game at Highbury, but have no doubts they will progress to the semi-finals at the Delle Alpi. "I believe we will win," said Emerson, who celebrated his 30th birthday yesterday, in a live chat session with uefa.com users. "It's not going to be easy, especially the way Arsenal have been playing lately. But we will try everything."

No crisis
Juventus looked sluggish at Highbury and were lucky to escape with just a 2-0 defeat after the late dismissals of Mauro Camoranesi and Jonathan Zebina. However, Emerson is certain that this was not a sign of any deep problems within his side. "We have a good team, hence our lead in the Italian league," he said. "We just have to click and work our socks off. Pavel Nedvĕd will be back and that's a great reinforcement."

Home advantage
Emerson also maintained it was the Highbury crowd rather than the pace of English football teams that was decisive in London. "More than playing an English team, although they run more, I think the home turf advantage spoke louder last week," he said. While the Brazilian admitted the long season was taking its toll on the Bianconeri he refused to use weariness as an excuse for the first-leg performance. "The Italian league is really tough, but that's not an excuse," he said. "Arsenal, for example, didn't even have a Christmas break."

Suspended players
Camoranesi, Zebina and Patrick Vieira are suspended for tonight's game, with Alessandro Del Piero out through injury, and Emerson could not deny that the latter pair will be missed. "We surely will miss them. Those are two experienced, skilful players and our job would be easier with them," he said.

uefa.com

Forza Puma...

Forza Neddy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)