[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (6 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Tifoso Lou said:
Yup....too much luck, IMHO.

They should lengthen the competition...maybe 3 matches between teams in each step (ie best 2 out of 3*)....and only allow the top 2 finishers in each countries domestic league into the qualifying rounds.

*team with the better record gets home field advantage for 2 of the 3 matches
i definately think it should be top 2, also this would turn the uefa cup into a good competition like the good old days

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Here is the only way we will beat Arsenal tomorrow:

Buffon

Balzaretti - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Mutu - Emerson - Giannichedda - Nedved

Trezeguet - Jesus Christ

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Andy said:

Buffon

Trezeguet - Jesus Christ
:lol:

hopefully god will be wearing a black and white shirt tomorow

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Exactly. Champions League should consist of, well, the Champions...it would also allow for a broadening of the competition as I stated before to 2 teams from the Americas, Australasia, and Africa

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Andy said:

Buffon

Trezeguet - Jesus Christ

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

+ rep

I cant stop Laughing!!! :rofl2:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
yeah yeah, you want top 2, but think if juve finish 3th in seria a? you really think that cant happen, well anything is possible.

No i am not talking about inter winning scudetto, but viola, roma, milan and who knows who else can fight for the titel next season, so think about this.

better just ban inter for ever from CL :D and give viola and roma chanse to play there

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
what about me, dandy andy ?
Ohh, apologies.

Buffon

Trezeguet - Jesus Christ

Henry - Adebayor

Reyes - Fabregas - Silva - Hleb

Flamini - Senderos - Toure - Eboue

Sir Sebastian

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Tifoso Lou said:
:lol:

Works for me :D

Seriously, if Juve aren't in the top 2, then they don't deserve to be in it, TBH.
yeah, right, now you laugh, and think that with cap we always will be in top2 but you wount laugh then, when it really is gona be changed and juve finish 3th and for example loose the second position just by a goal differants :eyebrows: in seria a.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Stephan said:
yeah yeah, you want top 2, but think if juve finish 3th in seria a? you really think that cant happen, well anything is possible.

No i am not talking about inter winning scudetto, but viola, roma, milan and who knows who else can fight for the titel next season, so think about this.

better just ban inter for ever from CL :D and give viola and roma chanse to play there
but the uefa cup will become a good competition (in theory they would have teams like liverpool, arsenal, valancia, roma, inter milan etc)

uefa cup used to be prestigious, its a shame it has gone so bad

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Il Re said:
but the uefa cup will become a good competition (in theory they would have teams like liverpool, arsenal, valancia, roma, inter milan etc)

uefa cup used to be prestigious, its a shame it has gone so bad
i dont like this, again for example milan will win seria a, and juve finish 4th and then next season juve wins uefa cup, but milan wins CL. yeah i know inter wont win anything, and uefa cup trophy is a trophy in the end, but still CL trophy would be even more special then, and uefa cup would not get a good reputation at all imo. again for example, juve wins uefa cup, milan cl same year, then we will hear something like:heh enjoy your uefa cup, thats for loosers, winning CL is much more prestige.

I like the way CL is right now, more games to watch.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Stephan said:
i dont like this, again for example milan will win seria a, and juve finish 4th and then next season juve wins uefa cup, but milan wins CL. yeah i know inter wont win anything, and uefa cup trophy is a trophy in the end, but still CL trophy would be even more special then, and uefa cup would not get a good reputation at all imo. again for example, juve wins uefa cup, milan cl same year, then we will hear something like:heh enjoy your uefa cup, thats for loosers, winning CL is much more prestige.

I like the way CL is right now, more games to watch.
true, BUT 20 years ago, the uefa cup was arguably harder to win than the "european cup", it was considered as a very good cup"

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
also:

lets say only top2 is allowed, then those two teams who play in CL will rest players in the previous seria a/la liga/etc other leagues, but still there are more stronger teams in home leagues and for example juve has roma game before barcelona match in CL, and its very important to get a win against roma for example, because currently both teams have the same ammount of points and juve stand in 3th. I guess we will see a lot of sacrifices then, and wouldnt surprise if we would see a lot of differant teams in every season in europe.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Stephan said:
yeah, right, now you laugh, and think that with cap we always will be in top2 but you wount laugh then, when it really is gona be changed and juve finish 3th and for example loose the second position just by a goal differants :eyebrows: in seria a.

Nah--I'm consistent. I honestly believe only the top 2 teams should be in it. I love Juve, but if they finish 1 goal out, so be it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)