[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (8 Viewers)

Ekram

Mar 15, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
Your having a laugh if you seriously think kolo was a brilliant defender before playing Juve. Arsenal were out of the contention of a CL place. Not totally but some places below. Also looking at Pre january till September. Arsenal couldnt even find there feet as a team, yet there wasnt a single player in the team who really played well. Lets face it the african nations cup is what made him become what he is prior to the Juve game. Its always easy leading a team with unknown "stars".
milan bought gilardino from parma where approaching relegation

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ekram said:
whom then you think canavaro the 32 years old who lakes pace
Your kolo can learn a lot from him alrite. As for the pace issue, he still remains fairly fast, not the fastest but an example was actually shown in the tuesdays match against arsenal. Approximately 60 odd minutes a certain canavaro caught henry by suprise when he accelerated his way towards teh byline and did a superb tackle. Canavaro on his day remains undoubtly the worlds best.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Ekram said:
whom then you think canavaro the 32 years old who lakes pace
tell u what, nesta for one is better, and for a start he might be old but maldini at 37 is still better than kolo, as well as that john terry and puyol, dont get me wrong kolo is good, but he aint the best

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ekram....Cannavaro is 32 years old. But believe me Arsenal would need atleast a contury to find a player like him. Kolo can play 2 or 3 good matches, but he's Fabio Cannavaro wouldn't mind putting him in his left pocket.

Oh and another thing, since when do Arsenal fans moan alot??? Since when they do believe their Club is something that can be compared to the likes of us....Sure they did own us in highbury, But nothing is over folks.....

You can all soap it for now.

Jodiano

Dec 14, 2005
Hopefully we'll be able to qualify although I'm not optimistic specially after I saw how bad we were in the last 2 games.

We have to take care of their counter attacks. If we were able to stop it and we were able to make use of the foul kicks we can do it.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Ekram said:
henry can't get through kolo in the training
yes and i find taking on my younger brother in training tough because he knows all of my skills and how i play but then find other defenders easier to get passed, that is an irelavant comment, zlatan (when he was on form) probably couldn't get passes fabs or thuram

Ekram

Mar 15, 2006
Il Re said:
tell u what, nesta for one is better, and for a start he might be old but maldini at 37 is still better than kolo, as well as that john terry and puyol, dont get me wrong kolo is good, but he aint the best
i respect maldini so much but he will find it hard if he faces pacey striker like henry and nesta is a crap he past his best john terry like maldini slow and puyol can'y head the ball
and rember that kolo is 25

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ekram said:
i respect maldini so much but he will find it hard if he faces pacey striker like henry and nesta is a crap he past his best john terry like maldini slow and puyol can'y head the ball

:lol:

So now Nesta is CRAP????

and Jhon Terry is Slow????? while Puyol Cant head the ball????

get a life man.....before it's too late.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Ekram said:
stop right now................NESTA CRAP?? are u rele being serious? comon man, ur credibility is gone now, you cant expect people to listen to what u say if u say "ALESSANDRO NESTA is crap", he is class, and so what if hes 25, cannavaro and nesta etc were better than kolo is now anyway

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ekram said:

What you going on about man! you've just named the best defenders in the world. And put them all down. You wearing a white straight jacket by any chance?

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
Your having a laugh if you seriously think kolo was a brilliant defender before playing Juve. Arsenal were out of the contention of a CL place. Not totally but some places below. Also looking at Pre january till September. Arsenal couldnt even find there feet as a team, yet there wasnt a single player in the team who really played well. Lets face it the african nations cup is what made him become what he is prior to the Juve game. Its always easy leading a team with unknown "stars".
The fact that you think a defender can become world class overnight is ridiculous in itself. Eboue may have gotten much much better after the African Cup of Nations but you definitely cannot say that Toure became the player he is only after the ACN. If you had watched all of Arsenal's games this season you would've seen that he together with Jens was keeping us together at times and that our horrible form during the ACN was obviously largely due to him missing. I don't see how you can compare Toure who's playing with a young, inexperienced, make-shift defence with players such as Nesta and Cannavaro who are playing with some of the world's best defenders and best goalkeepers (Dida's pretty shit this year but still). I didn't see Nesta keeping Milan together this year when teams like Parma (I think) put 3 goals past them. By the way, I didn't say Toure is better than Nesta, I'm just saying that you really can't say Nesta is better because of where Milan is in the table, how many goals they've conceded nor can you say that he's better than Toure at all until they play in a relatively equal quality defensive line. I do think that Toure can be ranked up there with the world's best and I'd say that one current form he is the best at the moment (Terry's made some pretty silly mistakes this year which have gone unnoticed at times, Milan's defence was again, shit and Rio Ferdinand who used to be ranked up there with them has had some absolutely atrocious performances for Manu this year). Also, I'd say that an Arsenal fan, biased as one may be, is in a much better position to judge Kolo Toure as a defender than you are seeing how we watch him every game (I watched every Ivory Coast game bar one in the ACN as well).

Also, I remember being laughed at by Juve fans when I dared compare Eboue to the great Zebina, even while Eboue was in amazing form and Zebina had only played like 4 (?) games the whole season.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Il Re said:
stop right now................NESTA CRAP?? are u rele being serious? comon man, ur credibility is gone now, you cant expect people to listen to what u say if u say "ALESSANDRO NESTA is crap", he is class, and so what if hes 25, cannavaro and nesta etc were better than kolo is now anyway

We're rating Kolo a bit too much here......they guy can play only 3 or 4 games good. Thats it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
You can ask any EPL fan and he will tell you how great john terry is. You sure you even know anything about your own league?. Puyol may not be the tallest but his pessimistic and has done a great job when facing the likes of robinho, villa, e.t.c. As for nesta his been consistent unlike kolo, who we only heard of since tuesday.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
robinvanpersie said:
The fact that you think a defender can become world class overnight is ridiculous in itself. Eboue may have gotten much much better after the African Cup of Nations but you definitely cannot say that Toure became the player he is only after the ACN. If you had watched all of Arsenal's games this season you would've seen that he together with Jens was keeping us together at times and that our horrible form during the ACN was obviously largely due to him missing. I don't see how you can compare Toure who's playing with a young, inexperienced, make-shift defence with players such as Nesta and Cannavaro who are playing with some of the world's best defenders and best goalkeepers (Dida's pretty shit this year but still). I didn't see Nesta keeping Milan together this year when teams like Parma (I think) put 3 goals past them. By the way, I didn't say Toure is better than Nesta, I'm just saying that you really can't say Nesta is better because of where Milan is in the table, how many goals they've conceded nor can you say that he's better than Toure at all until they play in a relatively equal quality defensive line. I do think that Toure can be ranked up there with the world's best and I'd say that one current form he is the best at the moment (Terry's made some pretty silly mistakes this year which have gone unnoticed at times, Milan's defence was again, shit and Rio Ferdinand who used to be ranked up there with them has had some absolutely atrocious performances for Manu this year). Also, I'd say that an Arsenal fan, biased as one may be, is in a much better position to judge Kolo Toure as a defender than you are seeing how we watch him every game (I watched every Ivory Coast game bar one in the ACN as well).

Also, I remember being laughed at by Juve fans when I dared compare Eboue to the great Zebina, even while Eboue was in amazing form and Zebina had only played like 4 (?) games the whole season.
zebina was, isnt and will never be great, and most juve fans do not rate him, even b4 his performance in highbury

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)