[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (24 Viewers)

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
After not seeing olivera starting the treviso match, I simply believe his got no chance to play against arsenal and even if he did play he aint got the match fitness.

Below is what I believe would be suitable to help our chances in progressing.

---------Buffon---------
-Thuram- Cana- Balza-
--- Emerson- Gianni--
Zambro----------- Chillini
----------Nedved----------
------Treze---Zala------

If dp does make it then it will have to change.

Also I believe that the fomation may have to change from time to time as we cant simply stick to one to break down a possibly stubborn arsenal. I would start off with the formation as shown above and then change the shape to a 4-4-2 flat diamond and at times a 4-3-3 or whatever without too much of a need to use the subs. Below are some of my reasons in choosing the players.

Buffon - No reason needed.

Thurram - Reason almost as above, however he will be playing on the right so realistically he will have to play solid cover zambro and keep an eye on henry as he uses the left very often.

Cana - The ideal centre back, should cover for thurram in his quest of keeping henrys left flank runs and anything else that goes at him.

Balza - His better at defending than chiellini and therefore I would say he deserves left back. If needed balza can also do some suprise run ups with gianni covering. Alternatively Kovac could take this position a little unsure yet.

Gianni - played as a defender, has more match fitness than blasi I assume and main task is to cover defenders and handle gilberto/fabregas.

Emerson - A similar task to gianni, get in the nitty gritty and quickly pass to nedved or wingers.

Zambro - Not ideally preferred on the right, but in my eyes the only player to use on the right is him, Very versatile and doesnt lack determination.

Chiellini - Has been good/decent going up on the left flank, can cover if problems arise and maybe some interchanges between him and balza.

Nedved - Centre is ideal for him, simple as that.

Trezeguet - Hot shot striker (our only realistic hope)

Zala - Physical presence (Has a better chance in scoring than Zlatan).

As said before if dp does make it then heck most of the above will have to be scrapped. And I think that nedved will simply take chillinis place with dp playing behind treze and zala.
I'm feeling that formation phrozen.4-4-2 has not raelly worked for us in Europe,our fullbacks tend to sit back too much.Playing 3-5-2 would deploy them as wingbacks rather than fullbacks who can get forward to support the attack.
Nedved and Dp(if he plays) will be key,once again people verily,verily I say unto you;it will be difficult,but if anybody can do it,the old lady can.
FORZA JUVENTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ekram

Mar 15, 2006
the name of the player whom you are talking about raped your strikers he is simply the best center back in the world now

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ekram said:
the name of the player whom you are talking about raped your strikers he is simply the best center back in the world now
why? just because, he made a tired attack line up look silly. His a player who although has improved significantly since his own goal in the FA cup against a small team and was criticised to hell, his nowhere near to becoming an established best centre back in the world. Infact he looks like a mince pie in the EPL and the likes of john terry are way better than him.

Ekram

Mar 15, 2006
isn't the seria A, La liga and Epl enough to see the best players
and just imagine what canavaro is going to play alongside the inexperinced players and one of them is out of poistion

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ekram said:
watch all arsenal games and you will know
Your having a laugh if you seriously think kolo was a brilliant defender before playing Juve. Arsenal were out of the contention of a CL place. Not totally but some places below. Also looking at Pre january till September. Arsenal couldnt even find there feet as a team, yet there wasnt a single player in the team who really played well. Lets face it the african nations cup is what made him become what he is prior to the Juve game. Its always easy leading a team with unknown "stars".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)