[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (24 Viewers)

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
It will no be a good formation enough.More important for this match will be the passion and the personal ability of some players in the team .Remember 2003 what passion has the team to overcome real or maybe last year against real. The players must go into the pitch as there it will be no tomorow.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jem83 said:
We did NOT lose the first game due to Arsenal being a better side, that's just bullshit.
That's one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen in this thread. Arsenal was clearly the better side on Tuesday and clearly more fit to win the Champions League this season. It just boggles my mind how a filled with youngters can simply destroy a Juventus side with seasoned internationals in every single position barring one. That's just an absolute disgrace and since this is basically a trend now there is only one person to blame. You have to give Arsenal respect, however if we didn't have Capello in charge perhaps the result would have been a little better..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
denco said:
Jesus christ enough already, You continually defed the indefensible, you continue to point fingers st the wrong ppl , if its not the physio, its the players, never Capello who actually dictates the tactics and makes all the wrong moves. What the foook are you talking about , building a new era? What new era is that? Most of the side is from Lippi with Zlatan his only young input to the side. Cannavaro is at the wrong end of 30 so what are you talking about new era for? English teams? who was the english player that played against Juve on tuesday? Please tell us. I am sick of reading this shite. He is the best coach in the world my ass, he just has the bvest sychophants thats all, people like you who will blame the players when things go bad and praise the coach when things are good. The guy's tactics are lame and suffocating, i mean who plays 2 defensive midfielders for crying out loud
As fof the return leg, we can win, actually i dreamt about it , that we did win with 2 goals from Dp and the winner from me, would you believe, well i did say it was a dream but Capello was not our coach in my dream ,otherwise id have said it was a nightmare and for us to win 3-0 withhim in charge will be science fiction.
Yes it could happen, we could score early, we could have a dubiuos penalty, they could have a player sent off and all of that , its not beyond the realms of possibilty. Because we support Juve we want it to happen but i have so much apathy towards Capello that i dont care anymore. Even if we do go on and win and also win the cl, i will never praise him,its gone beyond that now as far as I am concerned we are a laughing stock

First of all, relax, take it easy.

we have something called different opinion, I will ignore your comments about my post, calling it shit.. :disagree:

I am not defending the undefendible, but you should stop blaming everything on Capello, that's also is a non-sense. I think we discussed it about the physio thing, why are you brining it here again, since he lost this fucking game this way, it doesn't mean that all you said was right, and all I said was wrong..

I can't blieve that you are still there, someone here said that Del piero put a banner on his site before the roma game, that he will play, to gain fitness (wrong word?) better to say form, so that he will be ready against the Arsenal. so why are you still taking this any further?? Did you see him talking anything about this subject?

Yes he is building a new era, Montero, Ferrara, Tachinardi, Maresca, Iuliano Appiah, Tudor, Legrotaglie and others left for this. What is so weird about Cannavaro's age? this is his second year, and he still can play for other 5. Well I would call that part of the era. Zlatan is the not only young he brought, we have Chiellini , Balzaretti, Kapo, Zebina (he wasn't that old when he arrived), marchionni on his way. Well I call that plans to build a new Era. you can't transfer them all in one season you know?

In this game I am blaming Players for not playing with their hearts, and I am not the only one who's saying it here. I blamed Capello, Directors and players for this, everyone has a role in this defeat. But If you blame it only to Capello, what Can I tell you, since you blame Dp's injury to him too, it is not surpirsing..

and please quit this method of yours, they way you talk with the members you don't agree..

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
its good that patrick is susbended for second leg, i never thought he would have a good match against his former club, now in the second leg we need to fight and perform well, with patrick it would not happen because its hard to give all against your former team, psychological block. cap should not have played him, or sub him after half-time break.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Henry 203 Gols. said:
Our Defence Vs Juve's Defence

Lehmann - £1.5m

Eboe - £1m

Kolo - £150k

Flamini - Free (320K Compensation to Marseille)

Juve...

Buffon - £32.5m

Zebina - Free

Cannavaro - 10.5m

Zambrotta - 15.5m

Thuram - 23m

Cannavaro was also free (practically) ;)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Henry 203 Gols. said:
Our Defence Vs Juve's Defence

Lehmann - £1.5m

Eboe - £1m

Kolo - £150k

Flamini - Free (320K Compensation to Marseille)
I don't know about these..

Juve...

Buffon - £32.5m

Zebina - Free

Cannavaro - 10.5m

Zambrotta - 15.5m

Thuram - 23m
Cannavaro costed like 3 milion euro + the Keeper if I am not mistaken, but definitly not 10.5 mil£

Zambrotta didn't cost that much, not even the half of that in £.

same for Buffon and Thuram, if you mean them in £. we didn't pay them that much, but the numbers aren't that far for these two anyway..

venom

Oct 22, 2003
snoop said:
I think Capello couldn't do anything in this game after we conceeded the goals, like the others are claiming, subbing Trezeguet or Mutu wasn't wrong at all, they were not performing anyway.

But the reason I am blaming him or the Directors, for having a team like this, I agree with others that we have a very good first 11, but we don't have back ups that can make a difference. now we depend on the likes of Blasi Giannicheda s to replace these players, while we could keep Maresca and tachinardi s as subs.
I agree somewhat on this part, reasons why Capello can be seen as a guilty of this mess. Capello can take the blame of the fact he was unable to react in any way during the match. He has been building this squad for more than 18 months now and there's lack of options when it comes to changing the gameplan. He should have taken this into consideration last summer/winter. Of course we don't completely know how much he's got power when it comes to buying players. It's been reported though he's word is more powerful compared to Lippi's one. Tacchinardi's dismissal most probably is because of Capello, must've been something between them.

We have a lot of players that are under-performing, Viera, Zlatan and other players too sometimes, I want to find out the reason of that, who is to blame? Capello? the players? the directors?
I see Capello here guilty too, partially. It's a known fact Capello's teams start the season with full force which leads to slump in form sometime after the winter break. It happened last year, it happened now. Although every player is an individual and they can be out of form for no visible reason. As for Zlatan I just hope he is having this 'shitty 2nd season in Serie A' -syndrome.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
snoop said:

Cannavaro costed like 3 milion euro + the Keeper if I am not mistaken, but definitly not 10.5 mil£

same for Buffon and Thuram, if you mean them in £. we didn't pay them that much, but the numbers aren't that far for these two anyway..
The numbers cited their are correct save for a few discrepancies, Zambrotta cost 10m from Bari, I know Cannavaro cost more than what you posted there, Thuram cos 21m, Buffon was in excess of 30m so what are you talking about?

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Whats quite funny about this Capello argument is that many of the criticisms levelled at him are ones I have heard said about Wenger by Arsenal fans many times in the past. I don't know the full situation, it just seems that all teams around the world have fans moaning about the same things.

Many fans wanted Wenger sacked because we sold Vieira and had a run of bad form in the league. Your fans want Capello sacked because he won't make drastic changes even though you are winning the league. Managers can't win.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Andy said:
Yeah, blame the physio. It's all his fault. :lol2:
are we starting again Andy?

If you make a little search, you might understand what is this physio thing I am talking about, but for now I advise you to check the Roma thread, to see my point, instead of saying " you blame the physio, lol"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What I don't understand is why are all these Arsenal supporters defending Capello like he's some sort of supreme being? Have you lot watched all our matches? Have you a clue about what our performances in the Champions League and Serie A looked like the past year? Do you have any tactical sense at all for this game? It seriously seems like Arsenal fans are overrating Capello just to enhance their own glory, which doesn't really make any sense at all. If you lot seriously watched all out matches you would surely have a different opinion..

And this defense of Capello also seems very suspicious considering many Arsenal supporters hold their brand of entertaining football just as high as some of their winnings over the years. Yet they defend a manager who plays the most boring brand of football on the planet and argue he's not very much at fault for this disaster...seriously what the hell is this..

If you love Capello so much why don't you lot take him and give us Wenger...that would be a nice switch for a change..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
snoop said:
are we starting again Andy?

If you make a little search, you might understand what is this physio thing I am talking about, but for now I advise you to check the Roma thread, to see my point, instead of saying " you blame the physio, lol"
I just thought the whole notion was funny, hence the laughing out loud.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
denco said:
The numbers cited their are correct save for a few discrepancies, Zambrotta cost 10m from Bari, I know Cannavaro cost more than what you posted there, Thuram cos 21m, Buffon was in excess of 30m so what are you talking about?
in which currency are you talking about? English pound like he mentioned? or Euro Like I did, I don't know if you are aware that there is a difference between them :confused:

this is his numbers

Cannavaro - £10.5m = 15Mil euro

Zambrotta - £15.5m = 21mil euro

I don't think so :disagree:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Andy said:
I just thought the whole notion was funny, hence the laughing out loud.
Well I insist you reading my post in that thread, I am tired to say the same things again and again..

Because that line, is not really what I said exactly

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
snoop said:

Actually, we payed around 45 mil € + Bachini for Buffon, and around 30 mil € for Thuram, and I believe around 10 mil € for Zambrotta.

Cannavaro was a direct swap for Carini tho.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
denco said:

Canna was a direct swap for Carini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)