[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (14 Viewers)

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Fliakis said:
oh purleeeze... at arsenal trez would easily score 30 goals per season and you know it. he maybe one dimensional but there's no better 6 yard box player in the world.
He wouldn't make it at Arsenal. Same reason that we have never signed a box striker under Wenger.

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
Jeeks said:
True, Del Piero can't do the whole job, but he can give the confidence and will in the players around him to do the whole job. Del Piero can help the team physically and mentally. He can help the team with dead balls and with scoring. With assists and moving the ball. The whole team plays as unit when he's there, he's the glue that the team needs.
In addition, IMHO ADP is the only one who can draw fouls and win FK's in dangerous areas.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
northbank said:
He wouldn't make it at Arsenal. Same reason that we have never signed a box striker under Wenger.
not true i dont think, henry and trez would be a very good partnership................

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
northbank said:
Bollloxs!!!!!!!!!! What about Jeffers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember????????

Did Henry famously say Arsenal needed a 'fox in the box'???????

Oct 2, 2005
robinvanpersie said:
so what do you say now about Wenger's decision to sell Vieira? :p
LOL at all the arsenal fans saying this after one game. vieira is the reason youre not challenging for the title but have to fight with birmingham and tottenham for 4th place.

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
beemoeasy said:
LOL at all the arsenal fans saying this after one game. vieira is the reason youre not challenging for the title but have to fight with birmingham and tottenham for 4th place.
Birmingham?????? You mean Blackburn I think!!!!!!!

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
AzherIqbal said:
Bollloxs!!!!!!!!!! What about Jeffers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember????????

Did Henry famously say Arsenal needed a 'fox in the box'???????
And if you remember correctly, when Jeffers was in hot form at Everton, he also was involved in much of the link play and running from deep.

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
northbank said:
And if you remember correctly, when Jeffers was in hot form at Everton, he also was involved in much of the link play and running from deep.
TBH I cant remember him at Everton, but what I do remember he was utter shite at Arsenal. That has to be one Wenger's worst signings.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
won't argue with you there. Although there have been a couple of worse ones, luckily they only cost peanuts.

Igors Stepanovs!!! Was at fault for 5 goals in a 6-1 thrashing by ManU!!

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
northbank said:
won't argue with you there. Although there have been a couple of worse ones, luckily they only cost peanuts.

Igors Stepanovs!!! Was at fault for 5 goals in a 6-1 thrashing by ManU!!
LOL. I remeber that. That was awful defending. Bramble-esq

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
robinvanpersie said:
so what do you say now about Wenger's decision to sell Vieira? :p
I said and I still say: Good deal for both parties.
Obviously, he's had his best years at Highbury, but I sincerely believe that we wouldn't have had an 8 point league in the Serie-A without him.

"He's had his best years at Highbury" does not mean he's a bad player, though, it just means that at Arsenal he was a legend, at Juventus he's just a central midfielder. And a good one at that.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
it was a good deal for Vieira too. I'm not sure how much longer he would have lasted playing the 300mph football of the premiership.

Football is too fast over here sometimes; can really stifle a player.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
I advice you to Soap it. He's the only one that can do the diff and the only player we can depend on ATM.
i read ur dedication azzuri7 to me,snoop and the champions in the arsenal-juve thread.
well if u have read my posts before the game,u should've realized that i expected another liverpool and it was even worse and i just hoped that zlatan will have a good game,i didnt predict any goal from him.

May 4, 2004
Jeeks said:
I only hope for one thing in this game, I am a Juve fan and I am fucking proud of it. To keep my head high, I want our team to fight back for the tie. Even if they leave the tournament, I want them at least to have fought for a comeback.

Forza Juve.
+ Rep !!!

Forza Juve !

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
Vieira is far from shit.. He jsut lost his legs in the Premiership, that's all.. Injuries and the speed of the game, meant he was deadweight in the end.

Injuries have really screwed us, that's why we're fighting for 4th, but we've made 3 very positive signings in Jan (Walcott, Adebayor and Diaby) and the team look like their old selves.

Arséne Wenger is forever a legend and it's testament that this is his 1st season where he'll finish below 2nd, in 9 years.. He's allowed to have 1 average Premiership season for that amazing feat and the fact he's got 3 Prem titles and 4 F.A. Cups to his name.

We'll challenge again next season.

I can't fucking wait for Wednesday.. Going to be bloody hard, Juve will be dangerous.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I just couldn't understand why Capello didn't tell JUVENTUS to play defensive at highbury? And let us do the counter attacking? I mean vieira and thuram released some ok long balls.

We left so many gaps at the back...why did we push? why didn't we let them attack and let us do the counter attacking..?

Atleast i think we would've had a better chance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)