[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (5 Viewers)

Forza-Fortuna

Apr 1, 2006
With the current level of Juventus confidence, Defence is the key word, attack is secondary imo. One Arsenal goal will kill the game dead, and flatten whatever confidence crapello bother's to install in the players.

With the performance Arsenal done at Highbury, they will be confident they can beat us, so the tempo will be good from them.

First 20 mins for Juve, must be about steadying the ship, passing well and introducing Nedved and whoever is on the opposite wing.

I'm looking at Thuram, because he has been a great defender for us, but he was useless at Highbury.

I'm looking at Emerson to get his finger out of the back passage and make some tackles before, Reyes, Pires, Hleb and all those other's get into our final third.

Buffon, will be Buffon.. if he concedes a goal, there probably won't be anything he could have done about it.

Play for Pride Juve and stand up and be counted, win lose or draw - self respect must be re-earnt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
the players got to believe in them selves, even if we score in the second half, they must believe.

be fore the game they should say: we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,

untill we score 4 goals.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Batigol said:
the players got to believe in them selves, even if we score in the second half, they must believe.

be fore the game they should say: we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,we believe we can win,

untill we score 4 goals.
lol thats hypnotising, hmm but might work

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
arsenal are in the position with it all to lose just like back in 2001 when they beat valencia 2-1 in the home leg and blew it in spain to crash out on away goals.

when juve go 1-0 the tie is open again and its all up to arsenal and how they cope from then on

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
Eire said:
arsenal are in the position with it all to lose just like back in 2001 when they beat valencia 2-1 in the home leg and blew it in spain to crash out on away goals.

when juve go 1-0 the tie is open again and its all up to arsenal and how they cope from then on

Seriously though, even if you manage to be 1 goal up, why do we need to panick? We will still have everything pretty much in our own hands....besides we very well know what we are capable of. We know that scoring against you isn't something out of reach for us...and yeah history between the teams is on our side too.

Forza-Fortuna

Apr 1, 2006
Eire said:

The key there is that Valencia got an away goal.

Juventus didn't - It is us who has to worry about the impact of a goal, not Arsenal.

Besides that, Look at the damn Arsenal players, do they really look like they are going to bottle it? Not with the way they are currently playing?

Beat us last tuesday, beat villa in style on saturday.. I don't see them turning into a wrecked team by wednesday. Fabregas wasn't really in the game, and they coped fine. Eboue may be fit, may not be fit.. but i'm sure they have someone else ready to play.. and more importantly.. unlike Capello, I'm sure Wenger will adjust Arsenal's TACTICS to protect that slot if Eboue isn't fit.
--

Meanwhile, Look at us.. did you see our last game? We were crest fallen and down before the first minute ended, and our hangover is there for all to see.

That's why I'm looking for a response tommorow - because it's only against Arsenal, that some players will be able to redeem themselves this year.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
ThaiGunner said:
What a lame comparison. I just thought uttering Jesus' name wasn't probably something that Muslims were supposed to do.

Anyway, Arsenal will go through to the semifinal tomorrow. :agree:
Well to be honest although it may be used for that purpose I never meant it with me saying his name. Also muslims believe in jesus too... now if there any questions regarding muslim, what we believe in? e.t.c. then Private message me. thanks.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
oh i agree the odds are stacked against juve progressing, but if your bringing history into how did arsenal fair in there last champions league semi final.

dont book your tickets just yet. the match in highbury will have no influence on this game, if you take the last round for example.

bayern annilhated milan more than arsenal did juve in their first leg match and milan through a dodgy peno and some woeful munich finishing came away with a 1-1 draw, in the second leg milan completley turned the tables and distroyed munich 4-1.

thats why football is great its unpredictable

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Forza-Fortuna said:
The key there is that Valencia got an away goal.

Juventus didn't - It is us who has to worry about the impact of a goal, not Arsenal.

Besides that, Look at the damn Arsenal players, do they really look like they are going to bottle it? Not with the way they are currently playing?

Beat us last tuesday, beat villa in style on saturday.. I don't see them turning into a wrecked team by wednesday. Fabregas wasn't really in the game, and they coped fine. Eboue may be fit, may not be fit.. but i'm sure they have someone else ready to play.. and more importantly.. unlike Capello, I'm sure Wenger will adjust Arsenal's TACTICS to protect that slot if Eboue isn't fit.
--

Meanwhile, Look at us.. did you see our last game? We were crest fallen and down before the first minute ended, and our hangover is there for all to see.

That's why I'm looking for a response tommorow - because it's only against Arsenal, that some players will be able to redeem themselves this year.
:tup: Yeah and just to add to that valencia are a much more powerful attacking team something which we havent shown all season unfortunately .

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
Eire said:
oh i agree the odds are stacked against juve progressing, but if your bringing history into how did arsenal fair in there last champions league semi final.

dont book your tickets just yet. the match in highbury will have no influence on this game, if you take the last round for example.

bayern annilhated milan more than arsenal did juve in their first leg match and milan through a dodgy peno and some woeful munich finishing came away with a 1-1 draw, in the second leg milan completley turned the tables and distroyed munich 4-1.

i like that word,

no we want to do it to arsenal.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
did maldini cafu nesta gattuso pirlo etc look like they could bottle a 3-0 lead at half time, but when the pressure came they folded and if those players can suffer that mental issue then young players certainly can.

people point to liverpool comeback being down to the age of the milan team, then my question is how come in extra time milan were the dominant team. if juve get that 1-0 lead then you never know what will happen, the only question is can juve get the first goal, and if they do the immediate 5 minutes after it are critical that juve turn the screw and crank it up.

remember juve cruising looking solid if unspectacular after 40 mins at highbury then bam Goal and almost staright away henry should have made it two.

it only takes a second to score a goal. there is still hope but juve need a top notch team performance.

Forza-Fortuna

Apr 1, 2006
Eire said:

I think your arguements are sensible, but please remember, just because another team can do something, doesn't mean Juventus can do that same something.

Players change games, tactics and formations shape mentalities of the players, too many were silly at highbury, and too many aren't of the right spirit to play for my team's shirt.

I'm just trying to be as realisitic as possible, so I don't end the night dissapointed.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
yes fortuna you also make valid points but my main argument is goals change games. imo at highbury after what i saw for 40 mins i was confident juve would get at least a 0-0 or 1-1 draw (and im sure you were too.)then the suker punch goal and juves confidence was destroyed.

if juve score first who knows how arsenal will respond.

as you said tactics and formations shape mentalities, and i expect arsenal to come and attack and at the start they will be confident feeling unbeatable but bang juve go 1-0, now the seeds of doubt grow do arsenal continue to attack or play it a bit tighter.

there it all changes from been 100% sure of what way to play to thinking maybe another way is more suitable

juve have to go 1-0 up in the first half and sow those seeds of doubt.

im not saying if juve go 1-0 up arsenal will crumble maybe they will respond positivley, but been on egg shels in a CL quater final is a new experience for these young gunners with the weight of history on their shoulders and a club first semi final appearence at stake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)