[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (9 Viewers)

Forza-Fortuna

Apr 1, 2006
Lol @ Penalties, we score two against Arsenal for the first time and stop them from scoring. Without key midfield players, defensive options and our best striker.. leaving us with misfiring strikers..

And yet we will get through 90mins scoring two and keeping Arsenal out.

It doesn't even sound realistic.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
del pietro said:
man id rather lose during the game.... if we made it to penalties and then lost.. that would be the ultimate slap in the face.
Believe me I don't want to loose in the game!

As rab said I would be more than satisfy if we get to penalties

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Forza-Fortuna said:
Lol @ Penalties, we score two against Arsenal for the first time and stop them from scoring. Without key midfield players, defensive options and our best striker.. leaving us with misfiring strikers..

And yet we will get through 90mins scoring two and keeping Arsenal out.

It doesn't even sound realistic.
read the post again

Juve_25 said:
Now in the hipotetic case that we reach to penalties...Who are going to shoot them?
;)

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
Juve_25 said:
Believe me I don't want to loose in the game!

As rab said I would be more than satisfy if we get to penalties
but wouldnt u be pissed off to make it soo far then to lose right in front of goal... i guess we would go out in more style that way...

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
del pietro said:
but wouldnt u be pissed off to make it soo far then to lose right in front of goal... i guess we would go out in more style that way...
I would be really piss of, but not as much as if we loose because we couldn't do what they did to us.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
I'd start Zalayeta ahead of Ibra.
:agree:

physically stronger, and clearly a better finisher. We dont want any fancy tricks on the day from ibrah (whose most likely gonna start anyway) and then find he just loses the ball or gets his pants caught up in a twist.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I would play with this formation:

----------------------Buffon----------------------
Zambrotta---Thuram---Cannavaro---Chiellini

----------Mutu----Emerson---Pessotto--------
--------------------Nedved----------------------
-----------Trezeguet------Ibrahimovic---------

Of course Mutu would have to play ofensive winger and Nedi with some extreme ofensive work behind the strikers, and try to shoot from the distance or from better positions to the Lehman's goal.

To bad that Del Piero is not ready for the game:cry::cry:,the team would be much stronger!

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
sateeh said:
did u even see the games u r talking about ? the 4-0 game, they were playing Depor and depor were like a team that should've played in Serie C/B2. If madrid didnt win by a margin then that would've been a surprise.
in the barca game, watch the game again u would see one or two goal attempts for real and a whole lot for barca. They were dominating the since it 11 against 11, from start to finish..and it wasn't that real were good it was that believe it or not barca were bad.

Ur lucky to beat madrid, i dont know how u dont aknowledge that. But in this type of competitions u need luck from start to finish, just hope ur luck didnt run out their and then u would actually have to play football.
Hahahah..Sateeh is daring Arsenal to "actually" play football. This gotta be the most ironic and idiotic thing I've ever read on this board. (And that's saying something.) Yeah we played some boring shite football in the last round against Madrid and also the game against you last week.

We totally didn't have a single clue how to defend against you lightning speed attacking plays. Your one or two-touch football were totally mesmerizing at times. Juve totally schooled us on how to play football...and we kept hoofing the ball to Henry and he didn't do shit. Oh also, Cesc got totally shown up by Vieira.
Arsenal definitely didn't have a fucking clue on how to play proper football. How we manged to get two goals just dumbfounded me.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Capello quashes last doubts Tuesday 4 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has selected his side which he hopes will be capable of overturning Arsenal’s 2-0 Champions League advantage.

The tactician did have a number of doubts to resolve regarding the absence of three suspended first-team regulars, but he seems to have already settled on the names of the 11 men who he hopes will keep their European Cup dreams alive.

Adrian Mutu will start on the right hand-side of midfield in place of Mauro Camoranesi, the man who was disgracefully dismissed in the first leg.

Jonathan Zebina also saw red at Highbury which will mean that Gianluca Zambrotta switches to the right, with Giorgio Chiellini coming into the side on the left.

Emerson will be partnered in central midfield by Giuliano Giannichedda as Patrick Vieira is out after he was booked in the initial match against his former club.

Lilian Thuram was rested for the weekend’s 0-0 draw at Treviso yet will be recalled for the Delle Alpi clash on Wednesday.

Pavel Nedved takes his place on the left of midfield after he missed both the first leg and Saturday’s game because of suspension.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet will start in attack, as Alessandro Del Piero will only begin on the bench if he passes a fitness test on Tuesday.

Juventus need to win by a 3-0 scoreline to reach the semi-finals, a 2-0 will result in a penalty shoot-out, while an Arsenal goal will require the Old Lady to net at least four!

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zambrotta, Thuram, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Mutu, Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic

SURPRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

stay tuned for my fearless, and ACCURATE prediction, tomorrow (everyone knows which way I'm leaning).....

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
ThaiGunner said:
Hahahah..Sateeh is daring Arsenal to "actually" play football. This gotta be the most ironic and idiotic thing I've ever read on this board. (And that's saying something.) Yeah we played some boring shite football in the last round against Madrid and also the game against you last week.

We totally didn't have a single clue how to defend against you lightning speed attacking plays. Your one or two-touch football were totally mesmerizing at times. Juve totally schooled us on how to play football...and we kept hoofing the ball to Henry and he didn't do shit. Oh also, Cesc got totally shown up by Vieira.
Arsenal definitely didn't have a fucking clue on how to play proper football. How we manged to get two goals just dumbfounded me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahh....forgot to mention the obvious....it was luck that gave us two goals...and you zilch...in the first game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)