[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (17 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
ha must admire capellos optimism, wish I had the same. I guess thats why he stands where he is. Bottom line is we will have to play the offside trap and an ATTACKING formation. I advise we play our primavera team. Im serious I think we have a better chance with them. Only cana, zambo and buffon deserve to actually play against arsenal next week.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
i only remember trezeguet touching the ball once..hilarious how our attack are this lazy even when it was a CL game

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
I still dont understand what Capello was thinking putting Zebina in this game. I mean he has so much faith in this guy but why? He plays all the big games and even when Henry blew by him for like the 6th time Cap still did not take him off. If he woulda taken him off sooner that 2nd goal may not have come. Its kinda good that this red card for Zebina happened and maybe even for Vieira. I dont think Vieira is ready to play the Gunners as he still has so much passion for them. And I do not care what any of you think, Mutu is not a good replacement for Nedved, extrodinary player, but not a winger, not even close. Camoranesi has to move on next year hes absolutely lost it with Juve he hasnt played well longer then everyone else on the team and he seems to not care two sh**s about this team nemore. We really needed Pavel and DP yesterday they would have turned the game right around nevermind this Ibra bullshit Toure handled him like he was a house league player. Trez needs to be fed or else hes useless. I dont know what to say nemore yesterdays loss was the worst i have ever seen from a juve team since ive been watching them. We really need some magic in this team sum1 who can attack someone creative, till then goodbye to the CL. This isnt Serie a where you can win purely on the respect other teams have for you and the crap defensive play we have been using lately, your among your own in the CL, teams who can come rite back at you with prestige and talent, step it up Juve, for all of us.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Let's think something.This is the first time when Juve must desperately score more than one goal.Last year we wanted just one goal.So IMO we will surely watch a more attacking Juventus team with Capello change his tactics.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
TBH, guys, the absolute worst thing that can happen to us in this match is if we lose on aggregate by winning this match 1-0 or 3-1. Not because it would be lament over a missed opportunity, but because it would give Capello some credibility in his tactics and leadership style in the CL that are wholly undeserved. And it would give the Juve front office enough of a credible excuse to keep up the same old routine, hoping for "better luck next time."

Arsenal should really do us a favor and boot us out 2-0 on this second leg as far as I'm concerned. Because even if by some miracle we did go through, the same problems would glaringly hit us the next round.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Well I kind of see deja vu happening. Livepool last year and arsenal this year. When we went back at our stadium to bring a goal back we just kept on being caught for offside. Im more than sure arsenal will be looking to play a similar game and in turn to be honest will pressurise us more than we pressurise them. Especially as arsenal do have more attacking flair than liverpool.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
Well I kind of see deja vu happening. Livepool last year and arsenal this year. When we went back at our stadium to bring a goal back we just kept on being caught for offside. Im more than sure arsenal will be looking to play a similar game and in turn to be honest will pressurise us more than we pressurise them. Especially as arsenal do have more attacking flair than liverpool.
Which underscores why I am expecting an Arsenal clean sheet at the delle Alpi.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Nedved not expecting comeback
By Vasek Kladec - Created on 29 Mar 2006

Juventus star Pavel Nedved believes it will be very tough for the Italian side to reach the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League following the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal on Tuesday.

Nedved was suspended for the first leg at Highbury but should be back for the return leg at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

However, the Czech midfielder has admitted that Arsenal may have already secured the tie.

"It will be very difficult to make something of it, maybe it's already over," he told Czech TV.

"We played quite well at the beginning but once we conceded a goal, everything went wrong.

"We showed nothing, we were harmless in almost every attack. If we want to go through we have to score goals in away matches. We did absolutely nothing.

"To be honest, I am not looking forward to the second leg because we won't even be at full strength.

"The worst thing that could have happened, happened, the result was really heavy.

"If we were at full strength for the second leg we might have had a chance but now it will be really hard."

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why do I think we still have a slight chance in this game?

1- Vieira won't be playing, hoping that Capello might change his tactics out of that.
2- Zebina, the clown, won't be playing.
3- Nedved's grinta
4- Del Piero's come back.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
tassard said:
Ok but when our players don't belive in it, then how the hell we can belive???It's simply over for this year
nedved has maximum a year and a half till he stops playing regularly at juve, do u really think he doesnt want to win the CL ? him and del piero propably decided to start the mindgames against the players now that the coaching one didnt work out..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I can see nedved playing a great game, infact him and zambo will be our only attacking credentials. Which seriously wont be enough to make us go through. But no matter what we aint got nothing to lose best to go out fighting than go out crying. hmm or both.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
i think we should rest most of the players when we play treviso

i think we have the solution to our problem

OLIVERA

if you think about it he is young and he can run his heart out, he can be our fabregas and we should play him as a central mid

i remember last year he once played in central mid against fiorentina and he impressed he was a blend of skill and resolve plus he will be eager to prove himself and will play with heart not like viera who has been playing Mr. i'm too good to run so far this season.

i know now i'm gonna be absolutely butchered in the forum because i know alot of you guys hate Olivera but if it was my call i would start Olivera in the mid

Sadely i know capello is not that brave to take that gamble

what you think

please talk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
AbuGadanzieri said:
i think we should rest most of the players when we play treviso

i think we have the solution to our problem

OLIVERA

if you think about it he is young and he can run his heart out, he can be our fabregas and we should play him as a central mid

i remember last year he once played in central mid against fiorentina and he impressed he was a blend of skill and resolve plus he will be eager to prove himself and will play with heart not like viera who has been playing Mr. i'm too good to run so far this season.

i know now i'm gonna be absolutely butchered in the forum because i know alot of you guys hate Olivera but if it was my call i would start Olivera in the mid

Sadely i know capello is not that brave to take that gamble

what you think

please talk
Couldnt agree any less Olivera would certainly be nice to have, but isnt he injured? or rather thats what I thought. I mean to see it from another matter nedved is oyr only attacking central midfielder, mutu really isnt. Olivera would be a must from my point of view. Afterall very often players who havent played much bring out more determination and motivate others more than the regulars thats why personally I would be more than happy to see him on the pitch against arsenal.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Jeeks said:
Why do I think we still have a slight chance in this game?

1- Vieira won't be playing, hoping that Capello might change his tactics out of that.
2- Zebina, the clown, won't be playing.
3- Nedved's grinta
4- Del Piero's come back.
Jeeks, my friend, havent you felt enough pain by now to realize that would be impossible !!!:cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)