[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (3 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Pete said:
What if we play with heart for once? What if we have another Real 03? You will miss it, and you will cry yourself to sleep tonight.
Personally going through matters to me most than actually watching it if we do go through.. although thats not saying that i wont be pissed off if I did miss it.. ill just have to watch the highlights instead.. a good alternative is actually recording it and if we go through ill watch the whole match.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Personally going through matters to me most than actually watching it if we do go through.. although thats not saying that i wont be pissed off if I did miss it.. ill just have to watch the highlights instead.. a good alternative is actually recording it and if we go through ill watch the whole match.
it would not be the same man, all juve fans, have faith and watch the game, if we havnt scored in the first half or arsenal score then.................u may as well switch the channel

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Il Re said:
it would not be the same man, all juve fans, have faith and watch the game, if we havnt scored in the first half or arsenal score then.................u may as well switch the channel
then ill hold you to it:ferocious :D

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I dont know if this was posted before.. but from channel 4..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alessandro Del Piero has underlined how disappointed he is to be missing out on tonight’s Champions League clash with Arsenal.

The club captain hasn’t been included in the Juventus squad by boss Fabio Capello after failing to pass a fitness test on Tuesday.

There were hopes at the start of the week that the No 10 would have recovered from his right thigh strain, but his dreams were dashed yesterday afternoon.

“I tried my very best to be at the disposal of the Coach for the Arsenal match,” he told his personal website.

“Unfortunately, my present situation means that I am unable to have any part in Wednesday’s match.

“It is useless to say just how disappointed I am as I really wanted to give my contribution to this game.

“My personal objective is now to just keep working hard with the intention of playing against Fiorentina on Sunday.”

The Old Lady could certainly have done with Del Piero’s services this evening as they attempt to overturn Arsenal’s commanding first leg lead.

The Premiership outfit won 2-0 at Highbury last week leaving Juventus with a massive task at the Delle Alpi if they are to progress into the semi-finals of the Champions League.

In Del Piero’s absence, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet start in attack with Marcelo Zalayeta giving the tactician another striking option from the bench.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 26, 2004
Tacchi disappointed by Inter Wednesday 5 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessio Tacchinardi admits he expected much more of a challenge from Inter as his Villarreal moved into the Champions League semi-finals.

"We played the game of our lives and we proved on the field that we were better than Inter, as they hardly ever tested us," he said after the 1-0 win put the Spaniards through on away goals, 2-2 on aggregate.

"I think we wanted it more and gave it our heart and soul, while the Nerazzurri looked a little sluggish to me and I expected them to put more effort in.

"In all honesty, I was surprised to see Sinisa Mihajlovic replace Luis Figo. I think Inter will have a lot of problems from now on, as going out to underdogs like us will undoubtedly bring criticism down on them. Personally, I was very disappointed in their performance."

Former Juventus star Tacchinardi knows the Serie A giants and their weaknesses all too well, but even he was surprised by their sluggish display.

It was an historic night for Villarreal, though, who have reached the final four in their first ever Champions League campaign.

"We knew we had to defend well, as we expected to score at least one goal. In the Champions League we have always focused on defence and it has been effective.

"It's my first year in Spain and I am proud to be a part of this squad. For us, being in the final four is already like lifting the trophy.

Villarreal will face the winners of the Juventus-Arsenal tie in the semi-finals and the Italian international is looking for a trip to Highbury.

"I think facing my old club would be very hard for me, as it was already tough to come up against Inter, so I hope Arsenal go through."

Tacchinardi is still owned by Juve, but is eager to stay in Spain for another season and confirms rumours he could soon be teammates with Marco Materazzi.

"As for my future, I'm talking to Juventus at the moment and I admire Villarreal's ambition. Plus I live by the sea! I had lost my love of the game in my last year at Juve, but I've recaptured that here. The club is interested in Materazzi and had already talked about it when we were over for the first leg."

Materazzi hardly endeared himself to the Villarreal fans, as his elbow left Juan Pablo Sorin with a deep cut just above his eye.

"What happens on the field stays on the field," insisted ex-Lazio man Sorin. "It was an unfortunate move from him, but being in the semi-finals takes away some of the pain.

"The fight with Juan Sebastian Veron is the same as the Materazzi incident, as I think it ends there and we are fellow countrymen."

Sorin was a flop in Serie A, but has found his element in La Liga with Villarreal and reveals their game plan when taking on Inter.

"I think we played a great game and Inter sat back quite a lot, but we knew their strength was when pushing forward, so we kept them under constant pressure to stop them from playing.

"It's simply very exciting to be in the semi-finals and a dream come true. We feel like the belle of the ball, so whatever happens from now it'll be wonderful. I'm very proud of my team and the impression we have made on Europe."

He wants us out to avoid facing us! what a loyality...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
DelpieroForLife said:
Tacchi disappointed by Inter Wednesday 5 April, 2006

" so I hope Arsenal go through."
what the hell.. :confused:... this just aint right.

On a different note.. sorin saying ""What happens on the field stays on the field". Wish I could give him a +rep. Many players would definetly go on and on about it but he doesnt seem much concerned, it shows his a got a good character.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
CL: Stand Up To The Hurricane - Wenger

Juventus skipper Lilian Thuram has warned Arsenal that he Bianconeri will fly at them like a hurricane, while coach Fabio Capello has told the Gunners to be prepared for something special from his pumped-up team at the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin tonight.
Juventus were taken apart at Highbury last week and are bursting to prove a point, to exact revenge and wreck Arsenal's hopes. They trail 0-2 which is not insurmountable by any means, and a growing number of pundits seem to think the Old Lady will teach the Young Guns a lesson tonight.

Amid the pre-match hype, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keeping typically cool, typically focused.

But he is adamant that Arsenal must remain undaunted and reproduce the fearless spirit that put paid to Real Madrid in th previous round, and that reduced Juve to irritable bit-part players at Highbury last week.

"We have to find the right mixture - defend well yet not only defend but get forward where we can," said Wenger.

"We did not lose it in the second game with Real Madrid but we were not intimidated, we did not lose our game."

Cesc Fabregas was the man of the match in the first-leg, scoring the first goal and setting up the second. He is hoping to shrug off a bruised foot and tak his place in the starting XI tonight.

However, captain Thierry Henry, who scored the second goal, insists that whoever Wenger selects will be equal to the challenge.

"Football can always reserve you some surprises - and you always have to stay cool and calm," said Henry.

"Juventus at home are a completely different proposition to the team we played at Highbury.

"This will be the most difficult game of our Champions League campaign this season and what we have done so far will be irrelevant if we do not reach the semi-finals.

"But our greatest motivation is that we know that everything is possible if we play as we did in the home game.

"It was a victory for togetherness."

Thuram upped the ante by describing the first leg as "a disaster for us in every way," and promising that his team will attack Arsenal like "a hurricane".

He added: "Player by player Juve are superior to Arsenal and it will not be a surprise if we were to get three or four goals.

"Now the whole world will see what the real Juventus is all about. We are out for revenge for the humiliation we suffered."

Wenger has warned his team to expect the game to start at a frantic pace.

"They might try to score early on and to put us under pressure. I believe that will suit us, to defend well as a team, but not to hide," said the Arsenal boss.

"We have to be positive and try to win the game.

"With the experienced side we face, no matter what happens we will have to be fully focused for 90 minutes."

Meanwhile, Capello believes Juve can still win the tie.

"Miracles do happen," said Capello. "We are convinced we can do something extraordinary. In football anything can happen.

"People think we are dead in this competition - they are mistaken."

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
"Fabio Capello is a great trainer, who has won things everywhere, but he has the habit to always go with the same group of players. He never makes a change, not even when they're struggling." Alessio Tacchinardi

...........so true

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
:lol: I can see them all getting ready to pounce on that.. tell an arsenal fan its a joke and theyll take it personally.

TBH i think jgunner84 is prolly there most disciplined colleague. If he continues his behaviour he deserves a rep.
ahem.... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)