[CL] Juventus - Real Madrid (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Raúl Wants To Stay At Madrid
3/11/2005 10:58:00 PM
Raúl is determined to stay at Real Madrid after several critics began to question whether or not he should leave in the summer.
The Spanish international does not want to enter into all the speculation in the Spanish media that includes stories that he and Luis Figo could be shipped out at the end of the current season.

"I am not going to talk about all the speculation. I have a contract here until 2010 and all I want is to stay at the club and continue playing for this team," he said.

"At the end of the season their will be players that leave and new ones that come in, but that is the law of football and it happens every summer."

Raúl admitted he is surprised by the level of criticism in the media after Real Madrid's Champions League exit at the hands of Juventus and inists they can still win the league.

"I am amazed at some of the criticisms and comments, but we have to wait and evaluate everything at the end of the season," he conitnued.

"If we do not win anything then that will be the time to start the self-criticism. But now we are not going to throw in the towel and we have to continue battling.

"Barcelona has a great chance, but Real Madrid are still capable of taking it from them."

Goal.com

---------------------------------------
They can win shit
We fvcked their season totally:D
Thats the punisment fot talking so much before match

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Is it just me, or is one of the reasons for Zalayeta's much improved performances the fact that he's lost a lot of weight?

I don't have a reference photo, but I've got a poster of the 03/04 squad, and Zalaeta looks fairly tubby

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I think he lost weight too..

but that's not the only reason.. cap played him and give him the chance he needed.. before real's game. and during real's game..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amer ] ++
too bad there are no more spanish teams in CL so that Zala can keep screwing their lives:D
He has screwed Inter + Roma b4, I have yet to see him screw Milan/top English team. I hope he would do it :D:extatic:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Waiting game for Europe's élite
Thursday, 10 March 2005
The draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of this year's UEFA Champions League take place in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday 18 March, with five current domestic league leaders in the last seven of the world's premier club competition. The holders FC Porto play FC Internazionale Milano next week to decide the eighth team in the draw.

Spanish absence
Juventus FC's dramatic victory against Real Madrid CF ensured that no team from the Spanish Primera División is represented in the last eight, for the first time since the competition's inaugural edition 12 years ago. The other Italian team certain to be in the draw are Serie A leaders AC Milan, European Champion Clubs' Cup winners six times, most recently in 2003.

English duo
English Premiership leaders Chelsea FC are also among the favourites after they beat FC Barcelona 5-4 on aggregate following a thrilling tie at Stamford Bridge. Their coach, José Mourinho, won the competition with Porto last season, as did his players Paulo Ferreira and Ricardo Carvalho. Midfield player Claude Makelele has also won the trophy before, with Real Madrid CF. Liverpool FC, hoping to add to the four times they have won the European Cup, join Chelsea in the draw.

Previous winners
Other previous winners in contention are German Bundesliga leaders FC Bayern München, four times the champions of Europe, and Dutch Eredivisie leaders PSV Eindhoven, winners in 1988 – when their current coach Guus Hiddink was in charge.

Dark horses
Olympique Lyonnais are also in contention. The French Ligue 1 leaders looked in ominously good form when beating German champions Werder Bremen 7-2 at home, and 10-2 on aggregate, to equal their best showing in this competition - last year, when they narrowly lost to eventual winners Porto.

Anything possible
It is an open draw, so teams from the same country can face each other from now on, raising the prospect of some exciting 'derbies'. The dates for the quarter-final first legs are 5/6 April, with the second legs a week later. The semi-finals are scheduled for 26/27 April and 3/4 May, with the final at the Atatürk Olympic stadium in Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday 25 May.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
but that's not the only reason.. cap played him and give him the chance he needed.. before real's game. and during real's game..
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Is it just me, or is one of the reasons for Zalayeta's much improved performances the fact that he's lost a lot of weight?
;)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++

Yeah, but have u guisse noticed how snobby Zizou is towards the fans?:frown::( and even with the players? (not including his former french team mates)...i didnt like it at all....PLUS the way he commented about the match BEfore the game..........Didnt show respect towards Juve......
If anyone here is able to prove me wrong, by posting a pic of him wit someone, or a pleasing post-match comment, please do. Coz i dont want to lose more respect for Zizou the way im starting to:frown:. Thanks
I have noticed that he became an arrogant, just like the rest of real players
I stopped respecting him since he start talking like ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)