[CL] Juventus - Real Madrid (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Del Piero: How we beat Real… Friday 11 March, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero has revealed the secret behind Juventus’ defeat of Real Madrid in the Champions’ League.

The Bianconeri dumped the Spaniards out of Europe on Wednesday, after transforming a 1-0 first leg defeat into a 2-1 aggregate victory.

"We overturned the result of the first match despite the scepticism of some," he said via his personal website.

"It wasn’t an easy task. I think that our great determination and humility made the difference on the night.

"We were able to transform our tension into concentration, plus we had the belief in ourselves until the very end.

"It was a fantastic night in a packed and hot stadium, the joy of having achieved what we did was just incredible."

The Bianconeri captain didn’t play a major role in the game though, being replaced in the 57th minute by David Trezeguet.

That substitution made the difference as the Frenchman netted to take the game into extra-time, before Marcelo Zalayeta blasted home the winner.

source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
From Skysports.planetfootball.com

Nedved lauds Capello

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has admitted that he found it difficult to watch the Bianconeri's thrilling 2-0 victory over Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League.

Nedved, who suffered concussion during the first leg in the Santiago Bernabeu and has only just been given the all clear to return to training, watched the tense game on television.

"It is far worse watching your team play on television rather than playing," Nedved admitted to Czech TV.

"I thought I was having a heart attack."
The Czech star lauded Juve boss Fabio Capello, but was cautious about the club's chances of winning European club football's top prize.

"Capello is a great coach, the system he uses with three forwards is working magnificently at present," enthused Nedved.

"My team mates have promised to show me the way to the final - but it is still a long way off."
I know how he felt;)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Disciplinary date for Tacchinardi
Friday, 11 March 2005
Alessio Tacchinardi will miss at least the first leg of Juventus FC's UEFA Champions League quarter-final after his sending off against Real Madrid CF.

Two red cards
Following an off-the-ball incident involving Madrid striker Ronaldo during extra time of the last-16 match in Turin on Wednesday, both men were shown the red card by German referee Markus Merk. Juve won 2-0 to progress 2-1 on aggregate, meaning Tacchinardi, 30, faces an instant ban in this season's competition while Ronaldo will be suspended when Madrid next return to European action.

Hearing set
UEFA’s Control and Disciplinary Body will convene on 16 March to deal with both cases. UEFA regulations state that as a rule, a player who is sent off is suspended for the next match in a UEFA club competition. The Control and Disciplinary Body is entitled to augment this punishment.

Uefa.com

------------------------------------------

Does this mean he could be baned for two or more matches?
Tacchi really srewed :D
But never mind he wouldnt play in any case
I am just glad he made pig ronaldo to be sent off:D

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
i was in the delle alpi and the atmosphere was great till to the 1 - 0 and after to goal of trezeguet the atmosphere was unbelievable ! electric in the air !!

68'000 (okay a few of them were stupid real-supporters) screamed as loud as the can and now try to imagine what happened after the second goal was scored by zalayeta !!

it was like in the paradise !! one of the biggest moments in my life !!

then we went back to switzerland by car and i smiled for the whole way. fantastic night

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Brilliant!!! Am still walking around with a satisfied smug on my face. I've watched the game twice but I can't get enough of it! :D

Dec 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
I love all of you I so happy, I love my God ( all the time)
I want to cry right now!

The best player of this game Camo, he is waving to tv. and he is the best player of the year no question about it!
oh dear....thats something u dont say out loud....unless u want to embarass urself...

good win though

May 17, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
But still Zidane is respected in Torino, the crowd were amazing when he was subbed...Respect Zizou
Yeah, but have u guisse noticed how snobby Zizou is towards the fans?:frown::( and even with the players? (not including his former french team mates)...i didnt like it at all....PLUS the way he commented about the match BEfore the game..........Didnt show respect towards Juve......
If anyone here is able to prove me wrong, by posting a pic of him wit someone, or a pleasing post-match comment, please do. Coz i dont want to lose more respect for Zizou the way im starting to:frown:. Thanks

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
But still Zidane is respected in Torino, the crowd were amazing when he was subbed...Respect Zizou
I didn't like it, Becaue when the crowd stand for him when he was sub he didn't even look at them or at least thank them...

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Someone posted a Video in the multimedia section regarding the incident between tacchi and Ronaldo. IT SEEMS like Ronaldo was running then tacchi tried to HOLD him by putting his hand on his shoulder. The next thing Ronaldo kicked tacchi and tacchi fell on the ground.

I AM 100% sure that the card that was issued to tacchinardi was a yellow card not a straight red. I asked two of my friends, one who has watched it with me and another one we all agreed that we saw a yellow.
PLUS when Ronaldo was kicked out of the field my friend and I were discussing who the YELLOW car was for and we were afraid if it was for tacchinardi. Then we saw tacchinardi leaving the field.

So NO, that wasn't an intentional elbow, thats if it was an elbow in the first place.

I don't see why FIFA should ban tacchinardi, its unfraid because it was not intentional. UNLESS something else happenned.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I'm sure it is a yellow. Goal.com reported that Tacchinardi was shown 2 yellows.

Tacchnardi is shown the red card anyway, so it is a 1-match ban for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)