CL: Juventus - Olympiakos (3 Viewers)

Sep 28, 2002
celtic went out because of two penalties. dunno about the lyon one, but pippo and nedved could learn from claudio pizzaro how to dive. he didn't even dive, he just stodd and then fell. ****er. bobo's gonna get you :fero:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That Trezeguet INjury can fok up the night.

We know than when trez and DP say "im injured" they do it in BIG.

Anyway.. we have Micco and Divaio.... ut u never know when this players will have a underperforming..and we prefer to have all our starikers available.

after all.. trez scored 2 today!....

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i don't believe that the injury is too serious....

i mean...

i believe....

now lets see....
i told ya...

i'll cick eleftheropoulos' ass if he injured my sweetheart.....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For me, its still hard to believe that in the last few matches... none of our strikers could even score once...... AND TODAY ALL OF THEM, EVEN ZALAMAN, SCORED!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
even cooler that it was the bench player and that our second goalkeeper got a clean sheet!
Wow!! :D this is a great achievement taking in count that it was chimenti

Crap, only 2 Serie A teams left....
Definitely... this SUCKS.
Now.. its just a matter of time o hear the sapnish media talking their usual bullshit.

we won by biggest margin. by 7 goals.

even cooler that 6 players scored
thnks dude!! this is cool!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The guy with 3 assistances :)

FROM UEFA.com:

"Magic Maresca:
Among a handful of outstanding performers, it was the individual brilliance of Enzo Maresca which lit up the night. The 23-year-old had a hand in each of the Italian side's four unanswered first-half goals and changed wings midway through that period playing with equal ease on his left and right foot. "

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i am sooooo happy that actually chimenti played!

and i am sooo happy that some new players (ex.miccoli,maresca) or some underestimated players (ex.zalayeta) scored....

and it was coool...

cause dv gets in......automatically scores...
dp gets in......automatically scored....

and 1 idiot wished me today to have a nice loss!!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
how is he going to feel when he sees me with the shirt tomorrow???
7-0....!! 7-0.....
i can't get enough of it...!!!
it is such satisfaction...!!!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
What a goal and performance by Maresca. He needs to play more, he's the creative player we've been lacking.

Miccoli was great too. Is he making a collection of post sin the CL? With today's double post, he has hit 4 posts in 3 matches he played in the CL! Well done, he deserves more playing time.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Juve guarantee top billing
Wednesday, 10 December 2003
By Graham Hunter at the Stadio Delle Alpi

Juventus FC stamped their authority on Group D with a devastating, record-breaking victory against Olympiacos CFP which saw last season's beaten finalists qualify for Friday's draw for the knockout stages as section winners.

Magic Maresca

Among a handful of outstanding performers, it was the individual brilliance of Enzo Maresca which lit up the night. The 23-year-old had a hand in each of the Italian side's four unanswered first-half goals and changed wings midway through that period playing with equal ease on his left and right foot.

Record broken
Second-half substitutes Marco Di Vaio and Alessandro Del Piero then added further goals before the seventh from Marcelo Zalayeta ensured Juventus had set a new record for the biggest winning margin in the UEFA Champions League.

Ironic note
The ironic note was that Oleh Protasov's team had started with real threat before being deluged with goals. Within moments of the opening Predrag Djordjevic clipped a free-kick on to the roof of the net. And in the ninth minute he played a one-two with Giovanni and then Nery Alberto Castillo before finding himself one-on-one against Juventus goalkeeper Antonio Chimenti, who was able to touch the ball clear.

All Juve
From then on, inspired by Maresca, it was all Juve. In the 14th minute the diminutive midfield player instigated a one-two with Gianluca Pessotto before squaring across the face of the goal for David Trezeguet to score. Five minutes later Trezeguet returned the compliment, allowing Maresca to shoot. The deflection off Athanasios Kostoulas landed perfectly for Fabrizio Miccoli to crack a left-foot drive past Dimitrios Eleftheropolous.

Landmark goal
The Maresca masterclass continued when he turned in midfield and waited for a brilliant cross-over run between Trezeguet and Miccoli before releasing a perfect pass for the Italian. Clear through on goal, Miccoli squared for Trezeguet who scored easily with his left foot - a fitting way to bring up the 3,000th goal since the Champions League's inception.

Shape lost
Olympiacos had lost shape and were effectively chasing shadows when Maresca made it 4-0 in the 28th minute. Igor Tudor struck a right-footed 40-metre pass to Miccoli who had broken the offside trap again, and when his shot was saved Maresca powered in a left-foot volley to complete the first-half scoring. The only Juve player whose touch was lacking was Zalayeta, who most notably missed a free header at the far post following neat play between Maresca and Alessandro Birindelli.

Chances missed
Spurred on by the fact that they had lost three consecutive games for the first time in 12 seasons, Juventus never reduced the pressure in the second half. Trezeguet missed two point-blank chances for his hat-trick within the first nine minutes of the half before the most remarkable incident of the entire game.

Trezeguet denied
Antonio Conte's 50-metre volleyed pass found Miccoli in the penalty box and he rounded the goalkeeper. His shot struck the far post, rolled along the line, hit the near post and fell to Trezeguet, who missed another open goal before the goalkeeper stood up and collided with the Frenchman.

Rout complete
After the unusual sequence of events the striker was carried off on a stretcher. Finally, Juventus added more goals when Miccoli spotted the run of Di Vaio, who scored with a powerful shot. Then, from Di Vaio’s cross in the 67th minute, fellow replacement Del Piero controlled and scored with his first two touches on the pitch. The rout was complete with 12 minutes left when Maresca's corner was finally headed in by Zalayeta.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Juve rocks

but something's missing in those goals...the Nedved-ishness :undecide:

but maresca and miccoli are red hot, and all our forwards scored :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)