CL: Juventus - Olympiakos (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We've already guaranteed qualification, but it's crucial that we finish first in the group so as to avoid meeting Real Madrid or Chelsea in the next round. Juve only need a point at home to Olympiakos, but after three consecutive defeats, even the Greeks must be confident.

Lippi should play Del Piero and Trezeguet (who are clearly out of form) in this match, and let Di Vaio and Miccoli start against Parma (they deserve the opportunity). Davids is suspended so we'll most likely see Maresca in midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    I'm extremely interested in seeing if Lippi will include DP in the squad for this game. Hopefully so, as il capitano needs to play as many matches as possible if he's to regain top form any time soon.

Sep 28, 2002
    come on, olympiakos are inferior tous they cant win. boys wont be that bad and will really want to win, let di vaio and miccoli play, they will score 4 goals between them and will start against parma. lippi wants to learn itthe hard way. let it be.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    in 1999, (UEFA cup) Juve beat Olympiakos 3-1 away and then lost 2-1 at home ... (just some bit of information; not that it means anything as far as this game is concerned)

Juve need to produce a sound performance.

I just hope we don't leak any more goals.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    let di vaio and miccoli play, they will score 4 goals between them and will start against parma. lippi wants to learn itthe hard way. let it be.
    Won't happen, not with Lippi's rotation system :down: I say we play DP-Trez and then start Micco-DV against Parma.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Welll,,, i think that Lippi will keep DP as a starter for most of the upcoming matches.... like it was before Dp´s injury.

We need to win this one in our hoe... to at least boost the morale.

It could be silly to Understimate Olimpiakos, as they create a lot of havoc in their ground.....

after all..we are not in any position to have "airs of greatness" as we are coming from a shamefull week.

So, lets give a warm welcome to the greeks ;)

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    I'm extremely interested in seeing if Lippi will include DP in the squad for this game. Hopefully so, as il capitano needs to play as many matches as possible if he's to regain top form any time soon.
    yap, but he has to take hes scoring opps....:cool:

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    no, a draw is not enough. We have to crash them to raise our morale.
    Yes, this is what I want to hear! We have to play with our first choice players to get our asses back in the track. You may say that they will get injured but I don't want to see an out of form first choice player in Juve shirt. Let them get injured, they deserve it, stupids.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Does it really make sense to play our first team on Wednesday and have them tired out for the Parma game? Keep in mind that we only need a draw at home to Olymp, but in Serie A we HAVE to beat Parma to keep up with Milan and Roma.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    But our first team is out of form, they will never win any game while they are out of form. DP needs to play more and more games, Trez. the same.

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    we need a draw to guarantee the first spot and avoid the big guns ......ironically, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, and even Manchester United could finish second in their groups and meet us in the second phase.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    well, i don't think any of our opponents in the next round are going to be easy...

i just hope we don't meet Deportivo again... can't stand them. although they are a lot less potent this time around without Makaay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)