CL: Juventus - Olympiakos (12 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
From Football Italia:

Juventus have silenced their critics in some style with a 7-0 demolition of Olympiakos, but David Trezeguet was stretchered off.

Juve needed just one point in order to be sure of topping the Group, but were struggling after three consecutive defeats to Inter, Galatasaray and Lazio.

Marcello Lippi kept faith with the rotation system and made sweeping changes to the squad, fielding Antonio Chimenti, Gianluca Pessotto and Fabrizio Miccoli.

A Pavel Nedved brace decided the last encounter between these two sides, but the Czech star was rested for this return match.

The Greek outfit had a promising start and Venetidis's right-foot drive brought a good save out of Chimenti.

However, Juventus took an early lead on 14 minutes when David Trezeguet comfortably turned in an inch-perfect Enzo Maresca centre.

Moments later the Bianconeri had doubled their lead with Fabrizio Miccoli. Maresca was again involved in the move, but the ex-Perugia starlet skipped past Pantos and placed an accurate left-foot finish past the goalkeeper.

Juve were desperate for an impressive victory to silence the doubters following their recent defeats and it turned into a rout.

Five minutes later Trezeguet bagged his second of the game. Maresca and Miccoli combined on the right flank and the Frenchman was again ready for a simple strike.

Maresca had been involved in all three goals and deservedly got his name on the scorehseet. Miccoli's effort was initially parried and the former Piacenza midfielder slammed in from the edge of the box.

Lippi's men kept on pushing and a Zalayeta header was deflected on to the side netting.

Olympiakos tried to get some dignity back at the dawn of the second half and Gianluca Pessotto was forced into a goalline clearance on a corner kick.

Soon after Miccoli struck the woodwork twice in the space of the same move, while Trezeguet was unable to pounce on the loose ball.

There was bad news for the Bianconeri, as the Frenchman appeared to sprain his ankle during that incident and was stretchered off.

However, it was substitute Marco Di Vaio who further increased Juve's lead ten minutes after stepping on to the field with a fierce angled drive.

Alessandro Del Piero was on the pitch for 60 seconds when he gathered Di Vaio's pass with his right foot and turned in with his left past the helpless Greek goalkeeper.

The Turin crowd was small, but they were kept entertained as Marcelo Zalayeta bagged the seventh of the match. The Uruguayan hitman leapt on to a Maresca corner kick for a strong header.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
The guy with 3 assistances :)

FROM UEFA.com:

"Magic Maresca:
Among a handful of outstanding performers, it was the individual brilliance of Enzo Maresca which lit up the night. The 23-year-old had a hand in each of the Italian side's four unanswered first-half goals and changed wings midway through that period playing with equal ease on his left and right foot. "
i love that pic
he's next on my avatar list :cool:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Congratulations Everyone!! :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic:

CHIMENTI KEPT A CLEAN SHEET!! ;)

oh yeah, we also won 7-0 :D

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #447
    Maresca HAS to get more playing time. There's no two ways about it.

Same goes for Miccoli...

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Maresca and Miccoli where phenomonom.
    olymp's defence was pathetic.
    :) champions leagues biggest ever victory. thats a record for the spanish to look at.;)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    I really hope juve dont let go of maresca but im shure they wont.
    there have been rumores of him going to lazio i think in exchange for oddo.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    wonder if lotti and inbunco will say its a conspiracy and we bribed the refs.....yes even uefa's refs.
    Wasn't it a clear conspiracy? They disallowed an Olympiakos goal when the score wsa 7-0...it could have re-opened the match. Moggi' influenced the ref and linesman for sure. And what about the drugs the juve players took before the match?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
    I really hope juve dont let go of maresca but im shure they wont.
    there have been rumores of him going to lazio i think in exchange for oddo.
    Yeps... and before this match those rumours were everywhere...

I just hope that htis performance will change the minds of juve´s crew..and try to kept maresca.
    I know that we need desesperately new defenders... but we will gain defense by losing one of our best reserves.

Who knows.. maybe he will improve in the future. We have to remember that Maresca is good doing inch-acurated passes....and this is not coincidence, as i ave seen him doing this couple of times this season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Wasn't it a clear conspiracy? They disallowed an Olympiakos goal when the score wsa 7-0...it could have re-opened the match. Moggi' influenced the ref and linesman for sure. And what about the drugs the juve players took before the match?
    talking about that goal... it was clearly off side or what happened there??

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Holy crap i just woke up and checked the score

:eek:

If there was any way we could make our comeback...this was it.

Champions League record :thumb::cool:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    gray please sleep during all our future matches :D

Hydde - it was not an offside as the juve defender (forgot who) was keeping him onside when the ball left the foot of the other Olympiakos player. Good for us :p

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    From Football Italia:

Juventus have silenced their critics in some style with a 7-0 demolition of Olympiakos, but David Trezeguet was stretchered off.

i hpe he'll be ok.....:down:

anyhow, so happy! havent scored in 3 games rite, and tonite we really made up for it....:cool: let's hope for the same performance against parma.

maresca......:cool:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Congratulations Everyone!! :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic:

CHIMENTI KEPT A CLEAN SHEET!! ;)
    Not even Maresca´s Magic night can Overshadow chimeti´s CLEAN SHEET!!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)