CL: Juventus - Olympiakos (13 Viewers)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I couldnt agree more than with what majed said. i watched the game and everything he said is true. The olympiakos goalie sucked. first half 4 shots on goal, 4 goals. zalayeta should retire from football, i think cricket or wrestling is good for him. Maresca is just amazing. this guy is so smart, hes perfect for starting up plays. appiah should learn a thing or 2 from him. montero has lost his touch, poor guy couldnt keep up with the strikers. luliano looks like nesta campared to legrotalie. hope moggi will keep his eye on ferrari in the next game, as u already know parma is in doubt of over 500M$. 500M!!! overall performance way-above average for a second string lineup. just shows that our subs have the "eye of the tiger" :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #502
    The ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Chimenti 7, Birindelli 6.5, Iuliano 6, Zambrotta sv, Montero 6.5, Pessotto 6.5, Zalayeta 6, Tudor 6, Conte 6.5, Maresca 8, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio 6.5, Miccoli 7, Del Piero 6.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Chimenti 6.5, Birindelli 6, Iuliano 6.5, Zambrotta sv, Montero 6.5, Pessotto 6.5, Zalayeta 6.5, Tudor 5.5, Conte 6.5, Maresca 7, Trezeguet 7, Di Vaio 6.5, Miccoli 7.5, Del Piero 6.5.

TUTTOSPORT: Chimenti 6.5, Birindelli 6.5, Iuliano 7, Zambrotta sv, Montero 6, Pessotto 6, Zalayeta 6.5, Tudor 6, Conte 6.5, Maresca 8, Trezeguet 7.5, Di Vaio 6.5, Miccoli 7.5, Del Piero 7.

LA STAMPA: Chimenti 7, Birindelli 6.5, Iuliano 6, Zambrotta sv, Montero 6.5, Pessotto 6.5, Zalayeta 7, Tudor 6, Conte 6.5, Maresca 8, Trezeguet 7.5, Di Vaio 6.5, Miccoli 7.5, Del Piero 6.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Chimenti 7, Birindelli 6.5, Iuliano 6.5, Zambrotta sv, Montero 7, Pessotto 7, Zalayeta 6.5, Tudor 4.5, Conte 6.5, Maresca 7.5, Trezeguet 7, Di Vaio 7, Miccoli 8, Del Piero 6.5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Chimenti 6.5, Birindelli 6, Iuliano 6, Zambrotta sv, Montero 7, Pessotto 6, Zalayeta 6, Tudor 5.5, Conte 6.5, Maresca 8, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio 7, Miccoli 7.5, Del Piero 7.

Aug 1, 2003
    Trezeguet makes his mark
    Wednesday, 10 December 2003
    David Trezeguet scored twice for Juventus FC in tonight's UEFA Champions League Group D game against Olympiacos CFP to chalk up the 3,000th goal since the competition's inception.

Low drive
    Trezeguet, who has found the net seven times for the Italian champions in Serie A this season, scored a 14th-minute goal to put his side 1-0 up but it was his second - a low drive midway through the first half - which made history.

Amokachi opener
    Nigerian striker Daniel Amokachi scored the tournament's first ever goal when his solitary strike gave Club Brugge KV a 1-0 win against PFC CSKA Moskva on 25 November 1992. And it was five years ago yesterday that the 1,000th Champions League goal was scored by PSV Eindhoven's Dmitri Khokhlov in the Dutch side's 2-2 draw with SL Benfica.

Landmark UEFA Champions League goals:
    Goal number:

Player:

Match:

Daniel Amokachi

Club Brugge KV
    1-0
    CSKA Moskva
    (25 Nov 1992)

Zlatko Zahovic

FC Porto
    3-0
    Rosenborg BK
    (30 Oct 1996)

Dmitri Khokhlov

PSV Eindhoven
    2-2
    SL Benfica
    (9 Dec 1998)

Giovane Elber

FC Bayern München
    2-1
    Real Madrid CF
    (9 May 2000)

Fernando Couto

S.S. Lazio
    1-3
    FC Nantes Atlantique
    (19 Sep 2001)

Ivan Ergic

FC Basel 1893
    2-2
    Valencia CF
    (22 Oct 2002)

David Trezeguet

Juventus FC
    v
    Olympiacos CFP
    (10 Dec 2003)

N.B. The side each player represented is shown in bold.

Yeay yeay Juve Yeay Yeay Juve
    Juventus in Seven Heaven.. :touched:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Majed I think you were a bit tough on our guys :angel:

We can't blame the opponent's bad goal keeping for all seven goals, I think it was a great performance from our lads, we created and pushed forward non-stop. Usually we would sit back when we're 2-0 up and close shop, but not this time. We needed to show the world the real Juve and I kind of felt sorry for the Greeks, who played so openly in search for a win that could've sent them to the UEFA Cup.

Remember we demolished them without Nedved, Thuram, or Zambrotta: 3 of the most important Juve players. The score might seem flattering but it was totally deserved, and that ofcourse results from Maresca and Miccoli's heroics during the night.

If I'm disappointed for one thing it has to be the attendance :( Man Utd were in a similar situation (already qualified but need to finish top) and Old Trafford was at full capacity.

Anyway, here are Del Piero's post-match comments after being asked if he's going to do a 'Vieri' and not celebrate goals:

'I might have not looked happy yesterday after the goal, but from the inside I was the happiest man as I succedded in including my name with the other players in the (7-0) scoresheet. I'm also happy for the win because it came in a difficult time for us'.

P.S.

The 7-0 score is the biggest in Champions League history.

Trezegol scored the 3,000 th Champions League goal.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    My 2 Cents about the game:

.....:blah: :blah:

Wow..... that was gd :thumb:

Looks like the 2 things that fustrate me the most... ie...... the lousy defence and the "They didn't look like they wanted to win anyway" attitdue is still around.....

oh well..... the break is coming up and i hope that Lippi and co will be able to sort thngs out and we'll be doing better come January.

----------------------------------

and abt the sig

"Has anyone ever heard of a girl who beggs her younger brother to get her a jersey? "

Sameless isn't it? :D :D Btw...... i'm not begging..... i'm stating it.....

btw..... if you don't mind hurring up a bit?...X'mas is just round the corner and it will take forever to get that jersey flown in from USA.

oh..and while you're at it...... do you mind getting me Buffon's jersey instead?? .... USA right?? ok.... Kids size M would fit just right :thumb:

I know i'm demanding .... but..... that's the job of a gd older sister :D

Sep 28, 2002
    oh, ok.

majed, i'm your little bro. little or whats his name was a fake. i want b&w from this year and the black jersey we had couple of years ago. thanks brother :D

xtatime doesn't have the goals yet

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Magnifcent, Incredible, bloody brilliant and classy Performance from Maresca.:strong:

Thumbs up for him.:thumb:

Hopefully this will be the first right step to regaining our lost form.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ancelotti ] ++
    Crisis my ass.

Bravo Juve.

Respect where respect is due.

=====================

Crap, only 2 Serie A teams left....
    Thanks for the respect and class !!!! :D

Lets face it, we ALL want to see every Italian club do well in Europe, to show that WE have the best league !!!!!

7-0 is AWESOME !!!!

Hopefully, our bad spell is over, and we will get back to playing well again (lets pray !!!)

We can STILL improve !!!!!!

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    We were on killerman form. Maresca is talent, potential is huge in this youngster. Scissor kick goal what skill. Olympiakos were poor but our team showed first class finishing. Very sad to see Inter go out. They always buckle at the last. I think Piero not celebrating his goal is a good sign, hes angry inside so im expecting a goal against Parma,peace

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
    Magnifcent, Incredible, bloody brilliant and classy Performance from Maresca.:strong:

Thumbs up for him.:thumb:

Hopefully this will be the first right step to regaining our lost form.
    Can't agree more! Maresca was fantastic!

Not just in this game, but the one against Galatasary as well.

Forza Enzo!!

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    7-0:D:D:D:D:D:D awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Forza Juve! this shoudl be a huge boost to our team-I guess it went as well as anyone could have hoped!

kyanoun

Dec 11, 2003
    Hi guys,i'm new on the board.
    I'm Greek and 100% Juve fan but in Greece i support Panathinaikos.
    I ve not registered just to say "thanks" etc to Juve for this amazing 7-0 against our rivals olympiakos.
    I ve read as much i can posts for this game and i want to say a few words about as a Greek who knows exactly what kind of a team is olympiakos.
    First of all i must say that our team (Juve) must not celebrate for a long time this big win cause we have strong matches in Serie A and nothing compares to the yesterday's game.
    Yes sure the score was amazing but you all must understand that olympiakos is a very weak team.How's is the Champion for 7 years in Greece?Politics...
    Imagine that the goalie (Eleytheropoulos) had to play for several months and they started him yesterday to a game sooooo important for olympiakos even if the other goalies were prepared.So don't blame him it's my opinion.
    In all the game olympiakos made only 5-6 fouls only.They didn't play at all ..
    Conclusion:Juve must play in the next games with much of attention and must FORGET immediately this game.Was not a huge success at all ..i think you understand what i mean....believe me.If the celebrates will continue the only think will happen will be juve to lose an important game in Serie A.
    Cheers guys
    pleased to meet you
    .kyanoun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)