CL: Juventus - Deportivo (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I hope the Camoranesi who is good, shows up not the annoying one who is no good to anyone

I hope our defence can hold out and be protected by the likes of Tacchinardi and Appiah

I wish there can be a little invention from our midfield

I hope DI Vaio rins the defenders ragged and not give them a minute's peace and stop being offside unnecessarily

I hope Nedved can find a bit of form and space and his shots are not miles off target

I hope Dp can at least play a free kick if given on target and have a very good night to exorcise what has been by his standards a pretty poor season

I hope we go for the jugular and not let up at all, by playing our power football

I personally do not think this is the best Depor team I have seen and it would be a travesty if we do go out to them

They do not travel well and are not that gr8 defensively and Tristan with Valeron are not playing that well

I wish I can say we can hold out and not concede, I wish I can say we would score

Trez and Zambrotta are big losses but Depor are not unbeatable and if we start very aggresively we should go through

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
the whole season has come down to this week with Depor and then Milan on Sunday.... never under estimate Juve, we are still one of the strongest teams in the world and im sure Depor are fearing this game more then us. It will be a hard game but i can only see a great Juve performance coming and should win.

i had a dream last night that Juve won this game 5-2 and Del Piero scored a hat-trick, lets just hope dreams do really come true :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I already tried, maybe he let me do that just to learn a lesson about not placing stupid bets :nervous:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I've got money on Juve 3-1 Depor. God knows why :stress:
and i bet with one guy,he said juve is gonna lose 0-4 and i said juve is gonna win 3-0.

i wanna be winner!!!:fero::D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
how much money??
Ahh that is and always will be a secret ;)

++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
well...both our bets are for juve.
and that's what counts
True.. if only my loss came at such a low price as yours though :sigh:

I'll get bagged out if Juve lose anyway, and i didn't even make that bet :fero:

Aug 1, 2003
Fukkin shite! Without Trez and Zambro!?

:scared: :scared: :scared:

anyway
Test of nerves for Old Lady

TURIN (Italy): Italian league Champions Juventus have a tradition of comeback wins. Deportivo La Coruna have grown a history of away flops in the Champions League.

The combination should give the Turin team a qualifying edge when they host the Spaniards in the second-leg of the CL knockout round at Stadia Delle Alpi today.

However Juventus' coach Marcello Lippi emphasised that the only firm point is that Deportivo start with a one goal lead from the first leg and that Juventus will have to play one of their best matches this season to earn a quarter-final berth in the most prestigious European competition.

"We need to score two goals, without allowing one, that's a difficult task," Lippi said. However, he added, "We are confident we can go through."

The two teams are approaching today's match in different styles.

Juve are coming off a sensational comeback win at Roberto Baggio's Brescia last Saturday, which kept alive their chances to win the league title for the third consecutive year.

--------

I still don't have a feeling of going through or not.. Instinct's not working today :)

Aug 26, 2003
i read this at uefa.com from Marco:

Di Vaio out to down Deportivo

Marco Di Vaio is more than prepared to shoulder the scoring burden when Juventus FC take on RC Deportivo La Coruña tonight knowing nothing less than a win will do.

Trezeguet out
The Italy striker is likely to be the spearhead of the home attack in the absence of injured French international David Trezeguet, but Di Vaio is used to the pressure. Speaking to uefa.com, he said: "It will not be the first time I have done it. It's a difficult match for us but I am really happy to be involved. I hope to be in good form and play a great match."

Three goals
An unused substitute in the 1-0 defeat at the Riazor stadium two weeks ago, Di Vaio is determined to continue the good form he showed during the group stage. The 27-year-old figured in all six matches, starting four times and scoring three goals.

Patience required
Di Vaio, who joined Juventus in a €26m deal in 2002, believes the Italian champions must show patience this evening. "We don't need to attack recklessly from the first minute," he said. "They play good football and their strongest side is their attack so we have to be really careful not to concede goals. We must play an intelligent match because I'm sure we are able to score at least one goal during the 90 minutes."

Spanish success
Last season, Di Vaio featured eleven times in the Champions League but missed out on the final defeat by AC Milan. Along the way, Juve eliminated Deportivo and two other Spanish sides, Barcelona FC and Real Madrid CF. Not surprisingly, the forward is hoping history repeats itself at the Delle Alpi stadium.

Home form
"We have always struggled in Spain because of their way of playing and our own characteristics. However, we have always played wonderful matches at home against the same Spanish sides," he said. "In the first leg at the Riazor stadium we confirmed our problems in facing Spanish sides away. Now I hope we will also confirm that we can play well at home and qualify."

Old friends
This is actually the fourth consecutive season in which Juventus and Deportivo have met in the Champions League, although Juve's 3-2 home win in last season's second group stage is the only win recorded by Lippi's men in the previous seven games. "Away from their stadium they play in a much different way," Di Vaio added. "They leave more space and we will have to use this in the best possible way. We have to limit their main strengths, their attack and their passing game. I believe it all depends on us, on the way we will face them."

No concerns
Despite the recent record, Di Vaio is unconcerned, especially as the sides' meetings in the last three seasons have all come in the group stage, rather than knockout phase. He said: "When you play such an important game, you never think of what happened a long time ago. Maybe we will think about the first leg and about how strong they are. But more importantly we will be thinking of what we can expect from them at the Delle Alpi and how we can beat them." With a natural-born finisher like Di Vaio in attack, the Old Lady may still have a long life in the tournament.

hmm.. i am so nervous about this match!!! but also hopeful, we are really strong at home and i think every player wants to qualify for the next round, i think this is a real cruical match maybe the most cruical and we must show that we are ready!

i only hate it not to see the match!

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Here's who i'd play against Deportivo on Tuesday nite and why :

Buffon
Birindelli
Zambrotta
Thuram Montero

Tacchinardi
Camoranesi Pessotto

Del Piero Nedved
Miccoli
Buffon: res ipsa loquitor
Birindelli: at RFB because Thuram has'nt done too well in the position this season,and moreso because we need Lillian at CB
Thuram: Luque,Tristan & Co. might not be very pacey,but their instinctive finishing
will punish any calamitous defending.Legrotagglie is yet to impress and we can't afford any errors in the back.Lillian might have lost some of that
overlapping pace,but i believe he still has enough to play CB
Montero:His tight-marking will complement Thuram in quickly closing down the Depor forwards
Zambrotta: hoping we can benefit from his attacking forays and tricky wing play.
Though crosses might not be of much use with the likes of Del Piero,
Di Vaio & Miccoli upfront(Height-Wise)
Tacchinardi:For me,last season was Alessio's best in a Juve shirt.From the tackling
and ball-winning,to the distribution and odd goal from his thunderous
cannons.This season however,he has'nt lived up to those standards;however on Tuesday nite,we need him to shield the defence,
hold and distribute the ball,and to nullify the Depor midfield.He should be our midfield anchorman
Camoranesi: He might have lost some of the wing-wizadry,but Mauro has certainly
learnt to put in work in midfield.He and Birindelli should trouble the
Spaniards on the right.He should also support Tacchi in the middle
Pessotto:I chose him in Appiah's place bcuz the Ghanian might not do as good a defensive job as he.We need someone to cover the left when Zambrotta
overlaps ,and also to do the dirty work in the middle.He and Tacchi should
keep Valeron,Sergio and Tristan quiet.Appiah might still come on for him
as the game progresses
Del Piero,Miccoli & Nedved:I saw highlights from Barcelona's 3-2 win over Depor,and
I think the key was the slick movement and passing of Xavi,Ronaldinho&Saviola.The Depor backline tend to be
stationary,to take advantage of them u don't need a stationary forward.U need forwards who are quick and skillfull to run at them in the hope that u either beat them
or they foul u.I also expect Miccoli,Nedved and Del Piero
to take advantage of such deadballs.I put DiVaio on the
bench bcuz i expectDP,Neddy and Miccoli to wreak maximum damage with their speed n skill.This is one nite
when DP must not succumb to every challenge(except he will get a freekick or penalty therefrom!).The trio must run,
exchange quick passes and confront the Depor backline.

We've played 3 Champions league games at the Delle Alpe
this season.We've won all 3,scored 13goals and conceeded 3;surely Depor must fall.
FORZA JUVENTUS!!!!!

genesio

Feb 15, 2004
IF WE CAN.. DO IT... HOMIESSSSSS IT CAN'T BE DON

WE GONNA BEAT THAT STUPID SIDE,AND MAKE THAT CHAMPIONS LEAGEU BALL POP!!!!

50 CENT'S SUPPORT'S JUVE FORZA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE 2FEELINGS LIKE maybe we will be kicket out without luck, ore maybe we will kick spanish bud with 5-0

juve can score alot in the champions leageu in delle alpi and i with my second feeling i think we beat the crap out of deportivo la corunia ciaoooo FORZA JUVE

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
IRRURETA:"I FEAR NEDVED AND DEL PIERO"

DEPORTIVO 2-3 BARCELONA
DEPORTIVO 0-3 VALENCIA

i guess they're lacking confidence here, so we can beat them tonight hopefully..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)