CL: Juventus - Deportivo (5 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I really hope we can fight this out and win. it will be very hard, but with a good display from our defence we can do it!

CIRO will be the key! He is our best defender at the moment. Also I think, that we should start very attacking like this:

Buffon

Thuram---Ferrara---Montero---Pessotto
---------Tacchinardi---Appiah------------
Miccoli----------------------------Nedved
----------Del Piero---Di Vaio------------

It will be very hard, but I think we can make it!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I really hope we can fight this out and win. it will be very hard, but with a good display from our defence we can do it!

CIRO will be the key! He is our best defender at the moment. Also I think, that we should start very attacking like this:

Buffon

---------Tacchinardi---Appiah------------
Miccoli----------------------------Nedved
----------Del Piero---Di Vaio------------

It will be very hard, but I think we can make it!
i don't think that Moggi will start that attacking line, maybe if we can't score in first half he chnge linup for much attacking but not from the start. But I think that we can do that! 2:0 for Juve!! Alex shines for us!!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Soccerage.com predicts Depor goes through. Last year soccerage has been very exact in their CL predictions, with the exception of... Juventus - Real Madrid encounter. I hope our tradition against the Spanish teams continues this year.

03/08/2004. This is a tough one to call. Should Depor score an away goal the tie will surely be theirs. But if they don't, Juve should shade it. We'll take the Spanish to lose 2-1, but still go through
Stewart Coggin
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/t7071.html

Here is their preview:
03/08/2004. BACKGROUND

It's all or nothing for these familiar Champions league foes as they face off once again in this second round second-leg clash.

Deportivo lead 1-0 from the first-leg, but many critics felt they were worthy of a bigger lead. They were by far and away the better team at the Riazor against a Juventus side who lacked ambition and rarely looked like scoring an away goal. Depor worked so hard in midfield, once again looked a strong defensive unit, and posed a significant threat to the Juve back-line, especially with goalscorer Alberto Luque who had a fine match.

Juve's defensive problems were again at the fore as they defeated Brescia 3-2 at the weekend. 2-0 down, they had to rely on a generous penalty decision and a distinctly offside-looking Marco Di Vaio strike to haul themselves back into the match. There was no argument about Pavel Nedved's winner, however. Another stunning strike that the Czech can add to his scrapbook of spectacular gaols.

Questions must be asked of Depor's physical level coming into this one. They had to play the bulk of Saturday's 3-0 defeat to Valencia with ten-men after Mauro Silva's first-half red card. They never gave up, however, and certainly didn't deserve to lose by such a margin against a Valencia side who put in a stuttering second-half display and scored two of their three goals in the dying embers of the match.

LATEST TEAM NEWS

Juventus: Enzo Maresca, David Trezeguet, Gianluca Zambrotta, Igor Tudor and Alessandro Birindelli are all out injured for the Bianconeri, while Antonio Conte is suspended after picking up a booking in the first-leg.

Deportivo: Joan Capdevila is set to replace Enrique Romero at left-back, while the more defensively minded Aldo Duscher could come in for Sergio. Victor could feature out on the right, but then again Javier Irureta may decide to play Manuel Pablo in that position in order to track the runs of Pavel Nedved.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus): it's not been a vintage season for Del Piero but the big players produce on the big occasion.

Jorge Andrade (Deportivo): the big Portuguese centre-back will be charged with keeping the likes of Del Piero and Marco Di Vaio at bay.

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Juventus Turнn: Buffon; Ferrara, Thuram, Montero, Pessotto; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Appiah, Nedved; Di Vaio, Del Piero.

Deportivo Coruсa: Molina; Scaloni, Andrade, Naybet, Capdevila; Mauro Silva, Sergio or Duscher; Vнctor or Manuel Pablo, Valerуn, Luque; Tristбn.
Stewart Coggin
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/t7064.html

Square

Oct 6, 2002
legro and thuram should be centre backs. pessoto right back, montero left back.

its the only way to have a solid defence. another other central def partnership wont hold out.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Whoa! Moggi is picking the team! What happened to Lippi?
As Iceblu succinctly put it ... Screw the Milan game and concentrate on this one.

I would rather we go out with a mentality of blanking Depor & not a defensive formation. Thus if we use the following formation:

------------------Buffon----------------------

Camo--------Tacchinardi-----------Appiah

------------------Nedved---------------------

------------Del Piero---Miccoli---------------

Score an early goal, continue peppering the Depor defense for more & get a second goal before half time. Sub Montero for Legro in the second half & pray that he is stable for after 45 minutes Montero will be a red card in the waiting. Go out for the third early in the second half to make them play a reckless game & punish them with a fourth.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

1 Gianluigi BUFFON :thumb:
2 Ciro FERRARA :rolleyes: <-- ferrara isn't that bad :)
3 Alessio TACCHINARDI :undecide:
4 Paolo MONTERO god help us he don't do any stupidity-like in roma match
7 Gianluca PESSOTTO :lazy:
9 Fabrizio MICCOLI :thumb::thumb::thumb:
10 Alessandro DEL PIERO :thumb:
11 Pavel NEDVED:thumb:
12 Antonio CHIMENTI we won't need him <-- if gigi is injured, yes we do
16 Mauro CAMORANESI :groan: <-- why? he's done well lately IMO
18 Stephen APPIAH :groan:
20 Marco DI VAIO :D <-- improving, yes, but still misses a hell lot of chances
21 Lilian THURAM:groan:
22 Antonio MIRANTE we won't need him
23 Nicola LEGROTTAGLIE if he playes good then :D if he does some shit then :fero:
31 Orlando URBANO :confused:
32 Victor BOUDIANSKI:confused:
34 Davide CHIUMIENTO:confused:
43 Abduoulay KONKO:confused:
45 Raffaele PALLADINO :confused:
who are they...????? <--- the primavera players are tipped to be very talented :)

definitelly NOT playing

Aug 1, 2003
I hear Agnelli told Lippi that Juve has been "ripping more than sewing," so Lippi better be careful :)

I honestly do not know what to expect. Of course Depor is most likely to go through, but whatever it is I would be most satisfied even if we go out, we should go out when we put up one hell of a fight.

Come on Juventus.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Tifosi Juventini......siamo noi!
Everyone here is on my side Stewy!
No one would waste time supporting Newcastle, knowing they can't win anything!

Forza La Vecchia Signora

The Delle Alpi scoreboard shows at Full time
Juventus 2-0 Depor

Len

Feb 13, 2004
C'mon Juve, we can do it!
Have faith in our team guys! Its time to silence critics.....hopefully
Forza bianconera

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
MY PREDICTION:
IT'S STILL 0-0 WITH 1 1/2 MIN TO GO THEN THURAM SCORES AND WE ARE ALIVE.

EXTRA TIME WE'RE ATTACKING AND OUT OF NO WHERE DEPORTIVO SCORE TO MAKE IT 1-1 WITH ABOUT 15 MIN TO GO

WE TRY HARD AND MANAGE TO SCORE VIA MICCOLI WITH 3 MIN TO GO BUT IT'S TOO LITTLE TOO LATE AND GO OUT DESPITE WINNING 2-1

FORZA JUVE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)