CL: Juventus - Deportivo (1 Viewer)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
i don't think so
HE should start divaio,dp and nedved
with super miccoli on the bench
i hope he starts the combination of FERRARA and MONTERO in the back and NOT legrottagle!
his line-up should be
gk: buffon (obviously)
defense: thuram--ferrara--montero--pessotto
midfield: camo--- tacchinardi---appaih
----------------------NEDVED------------------
----------DELPIERO------------divaio

This is time for NEDVED AND DELPIERO to step up and lead us to vicory!

FORZA JUVE!!!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
here is what Lippi said today:

Ahead of tomorrow's Champions League against Deportivo, where Juventus needs to overturn the 1-0 deficit of the first leg, Marcello Lippi hopes his team can play a great match without over exposing itself.

The Tuscan coach said: "We need to play a great match and score so we can at least go for the penalties. In this sense we must make use of the charge that the second half against Brescia has given us. In any case we shall need great attention and balance. We shall not go gung-ho forward."

i think he is right!

my line up:

Buffon
Thuram-Legro-Montero-Ferrara/Pesotto
Camo-Tacci-Appiah-Nedved
Di Vaio - Del Piero

but many alternatives lippi doesn't have!!

i think also this squade can beat them!!!
WE NEED TO PLAY A GREAT MATCH AND SCORE SO WE CAN AT LEAST GO FOR THE PENALTIES ?????!!!!!!!!

Is Lippi f*ckin' nuts ??????? That's about as bad as saying "this is not a decisive game" !!!!!!

What this joker NEEDS to say is "we need to go out there and play a strong game, AND WIN THE GAME OUTRIGHT, just like THEY did on their home turf !!!"

And how about "payback is a b*tch !!!"

His whole attitude is wrong, and thats a big reason why we will lose this game.....

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Forza_La_Juve ] ++
I think Legrotagglie and Montero will decide this game...you know Lippi will play them in defense with Thuram as Right Back as usual. If they play brilliantly, we can win 2-0....if they let in a goal, likely 2-1 and we are sunk...unless Mr. Di Vaio gets hot, then it might be 3-1 :) FORZA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! The next 2 game are the biggest since Last May!!! Please Nicola, no more stupid mistakes in Defense. Do you want to remain a starter next year or not????? Paolo, do you want to be remembered as a pretty darned good defender once upon a time, or a hacker who overstayed his welcome? Gooooo boys!!

Now if I can only find a stupid bar in this town showing the game. In Canada, Curling of all sports (curling!!!?!?!?!????) takes precedence over Champions League on our sports channel......curling?!?!??!? :wallbang: :yuck:
If you live in Canada and have access to Telelatino, they will be showing the game at 2:30 est (Italian commentary)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I am really scared of being out of the CL...
But never lose hope....
This is going to be super tough...
Forza Juve!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

WE NEED TO PLAY A GREAT MATCH AND SCORE SO WE CAN AT LEAST GO FOR THE PENALTIES ?????!!!!!!!!

Is Lippi f*ckin' nuts ??????? That's about as bad as saying "this is not a decisive game" !!!!!!

What this joker NEEDS to say is "we need to go out there and play a strong game, AND WIN THE GAME OUTRIGHT, just like THEY did on their home turf !!!"

And how about "payback is a b*tch !!!"

His whole attitude is wrong, and thats a big reason why we will lose this game.....
and who trusts penalties??

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think lippi should start Legro because he saved us many times in the first leg.
we should play:
buffon

thuram
Legro
Montero
Pessoto

Tachinardi
Appiagh
Camo
Nedved

Del Piero
Miccoli

D'vaio is much better as a sub in my opinion.
Miccoli has been working hard lately and deserves the start. He has shown he can keep his head when under pressure.(scored 3 pens in a row!)

By the way how long is Zambrotta expected to be out for, i hope it aint serious.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Uefa.com preview:

No margin of error for Juve
Monday, 08 March 2004
By Paolo Menicucci in Turin

Juventus FC are under no illusions as to the size of their task as they seek to turn around a one-goal deficit against RC Deportivo La Coruña on Tuesday night.

'No excuses'

A 1-0 defeat in Spain a fortnight ago left Juve with little margin for error if they are to progress beyond the UEFA Champions League first knockout round and reach a second consecutive final. Coach Marcello Lippi will accept "no excuses" from his depleted team for failing to keep their campaign alive.

Vital match

"It is too easy to have confidence when everything is going well," Lippi said. "I think it is nice to have a difficult period sometimes because in these moments we have to show that we are able to solve every kind of problem. The match against Deportivo can change our season."

Del Piero motivated

Captain Alessandro Del Piero is also fully aware of the need for a good performance. "We need a perfect game," he said. "Deportivo are a great side but we really want this cup and we are eager to show our pride. We certainly do not need extra motivation and I do not see any reasons for not being optimistic."

Absent players

Lippi is unable to call on David Trezeguet, Gianluca Zambrotta, Alessandro Birindelli, Mark Iuliano, Igor Tudor and Enzo Maresca through injury, while Antonio Conte is suspended. The coach is expected to play Marco Di Vaio alongside Alessandro Del Piero, with Pavel Nedved just behind following his winning goal in Saturday's defeat of Brescia Calcio - a strike which followed a short rest in his native Czech Republic.

Night for champions

"Many players in this squad know the pleasure of reaching the final of this tournament because we have done it more than once in the past and we did it after passing several difficult hurdles like this one," Lippi said. "I hope it will be the night of our big players like Del Piero and Nedved. When these players are in great condition, the team follow them. Deportivo always play really well at home but usually are different when they play away."

Deportivo's task

This is the fourth consecutive year the teams have met in the Champions League, and although Deportivo have yet to win in Turin, they may be comforted to know any of their previous results at the Delle Alpi - a 3-2 defeat last season followed two goalless draws - would be good enough for them to go through on aggregate this time round.

Going for goal

Still, Deportivo coach Javier Irureta knows it will not be easy to hold on to their lead. "The 1-0 we achieved in the first leg makes a small but important difference," he said. "However, we need at least one away goal in order to progress. In the past years we proved that we can score here."

Players like Nedved and Del Piero can always decide a match

Javier Irureta

Nedved danger

Igor Tudor's last-gasp winner sealed Juve's win in last year's vital second group stage game, but Irureta knows it is the Italian champions' more usual matchwinners that will be the main threat. "Players like Nedved and Del Piero can always decide a match," Irureta said." I am mostly worried about Nedved's mobility. He can be extremely dangerous."

Settled team

Experienced defender Enrique Romero is the only Deportivo absentee with flu, and Irueta confirmed that his selection would differ little from the team that beat Juve with an Alberto Luque goal. "I believe we played a good match in the first leg and I do not see many reasons for making many changes," the coach said.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Time for Del Piero to step up like he did against Madrid last term.

We CANNOT afford to let Depor score. Even if Juve are 3-0 up, they can't afford to sit back.

Screw the Milan game on Sunday.... this is the one that matters more !

I want to see a determined clinical Juve tomorrow.

Jul 28, 2002
If we beat depor and go threw it shows we can still play on the big stage, cos lately we have been gettting results when we have played crap, we now need to play well, and beet there asses!!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
Uefa.com preview:

No margin of error for Juve
Monday, 08 March 2004
By Paolo Menicucci in Turin

Juventus FC are under no illusions as to the size of their task as they seek to turn around a one-goal deficit against RC Deportivo La Coruña on Tuesday night.

'No excuses'

A 1-0 defeat in Spain a fortnight ago left Juve with little margin for error if they are to progress beyond the UEFA Champions League first knockout round and reach a second consecutive final. Coach Marcello Lippi will accept "no excuses" from his depleted team for failing to keep their campaign alive.

Vital match

"It is too easy to have confidence when everything is going well," Lippi said. "I think it is nice to have a difficult period sometimes because in these moments we have to show that we are able to solve every kind of problem. The match against Deportivo can change our season."

Del Piero motivated

Captain Alessandro Del Piero is also fully aware of the need for a good performance. "We need a perfect game," he said. "Deportivo are a great side but we really want this cup and we are eager to show our pride. We certainly do not need extra motivation and I do not see any reasons for not being optimistic."

Absent players

Lippi is unable to call on David Trezeguet, Gianluca Zambrotta, Alessandro Birindelli, Mark Iuliano, Igor Tudor and Enzo Maresca through injury, while Antonio Conte is suspended. The coach is expected to play Marco Di Vaio alongside Alessandro Del Piero, with Pavel Nedved just behind following his winning goal in Saturday's defeat of Brescia Calcio - a strike which followed a short rest in his native Czech Republic.

Night for champions

"Many players in this squad know the pleasure of reaching the final of this tournament because we have done it more than once in the past and we did it after passing several difficult hurdles like this one," Lippi said. "I hope it will be the night of our big players like Del Piero and Nedved. When these players are in great condition, the team follow them. Deportivo always play really well at home but usually are different when they play away."

Deportivo's task

This is the fourth consecutive year the teams have met in the Champions League, and although Deportivo have yet to win in Turin, they may be comforted to know any of their previous results at the Delle Alpi - a 3-2 defeat last season followed two goalless draws - would be good enough for them to go through on aggregate this time round.

Going for goal

Still, Deportivo coach Javier Irureta knows it will not be easy to hold on to their lead. "The 1-0 we achieved in the first leg makes a small but important difference," he said. "However, we need at least one away goal in order to progress. In the past years we proved that we can score here."

Players like Nedved and Del Piero can always decide a match

Javier Irureta

Nedved danger

Igor Tudor's last-gasp winner sealed Juve's win in last year's vital second group stage game, but Irureta knows it is the Italian champions' more usual matchwinners that will be the main threat. "Players like Nedved and Del Piero can always decide a match," Irureta said." I am mostly worried about Nedved's mobility. He can be extremely dangerous."

Settled team

Experienced defender Enrique Romero is the only Deportivo absentee with flu, and Irueta confirmed that his selection would differ little from the team that beat Juve with an Alberto Luque goal. "I believe we played a good match in the first leg and I do not see many reasons for making many changes," the coach said.
this gave much more confidence to me to tell you the truth....

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
one thing for sure lippi's right is that:
"I hope it will be the night of our big players like Del Piero and Nedved. When these players are in great condition, the team follow them."

irureta is also right by saying:
"Players like Nedved and Del Piero can always decide a match, I am mostly worried about Nedved's mobility. He can be extremely dangerous."

come on juve,
this is going to be tough but AS LONG AS DP AND NEDVED play well WE ARE GOING THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
this is the probable lineup from yahoo! sports

Juventus:

Gianluigi Buffon
Thuram-------Ferrara------Legrottaglie-----Montero

Camoranesi------------Tacchinardi----------Appiah

--------------------Pavel Nedved---------------------

Del Piero--------Di Vaio

:stress: i hope montero will prove me wrong
Montero Left Back????:confused::confused::confused:

He got raped in last years final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)