CL: Juventus - Deportivo (2 Viewers)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
that's very true. The league games are no indication at all. last year Real Madrid were beaten 5-1 and then had to play against us, and they played better.
I'm worried that La Corunia lost 3-0 yesterday. They didn't score a goal so the might score against us. This is not good

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 14, 2003
It was 1-0 for a long time, then right at the end the match they concede 2 late goals. I can't see how they won't score on Tuesday.

Aug 26, 2003
he..

i think the win against Brescia (even we don't play great what i heared) is a big boost for our team, they know that they can reach everything when they really want!!!! i think this match against could be a turning point and a good beginning for this coming week!

I think Valencia showed how to beat Depor and at home we beat them last year, only that 3:2 on wednesday is not enough!!

i think we should go in this game as we did last year against Real Madrid, first of all looking for be good in defence and look for a early goal, and so on....

when we play agressive and with the winner mentality then we will sent them home!!!

i think important will be if zambrotta is back, and also birindelli!! are they fit??
and i think that also Nedved will be the key for this game, this winning goal against brescia will give him a lot of confidence!! i think he could lead us to the win!!

upfront, i don't know how to start, i think Micco, Alex and Di vaio is to offensive, i would start Di Vaio and Del Piero, i have a feeling that di viao could score against depor!!

ok i am optimistic!!!! last year we knocked 3 spanish teams, lets do the same thing this year!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
that's very true. The league games are no indication at all. last year Real Madrid were beaten 5-1 and then had to play against us, and they played better.
I'm worried that La Corunia lost 3-0 yesterday. They didn't score a goal so the might score against us. This is not good
You could be right, but that's not the way I see it. I agree with you that league games and CL games have no real connection as Barca showed us last year and Sociedad are showing us this year, but confidence just might come into the equation. We've won our last two games with scorelines of 3-0 and 3-2, while Depor have lost with the same scorelines, so we should be the more confident team, not so?

Anyways, Depor know what they have to do, and so do we, so I reckon it might come down to who wants it the most, and that should be Juve.

I highly doubt we'll see the trident attack from the beginning, but it's still a big question as to who will partner Del Piero upfront. Di Vaio is the natural answer because he's a more physical player than Miccoli is, but some will argue that the Lecce-born pocket striker had a better outing against Brescia. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Our level of confidence & commitment will determine our performance in this match & am sure we shall be psyched up for it. Am looking forward to eliminating Deportivo & I hope all our players & fans turn up.
Forza Juve.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Is you men or mice?
Thugs or the cowardly type?

We have to score early I reckon like Trez vs Madrid 2nd tie last year. How we start the game will be important. We need goals Piero:D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
WE HAVE THREE BIG TESTS COMING UP

ON TUESDAY THE 9TH, OUR LIFE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AGAINST DEPORTIVO

ON SUNDAY THE 14TH, WE HAVE TO NARROW THE GAP BETWEEN THE LEADERS AND US, AGAINST MILAN

THEN ON WEDNESDAY THE 17TH, WE HAVE TO SCORE SOME AWAY GOALS SO WE'RE CLOSER TO THE ITALIAN CUP, AGAINST LAZIO

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

It really doesn't look promising.

Injuries:
Maresca
Trez
Birindelli (just came back from injury so i doubt he's in top shape)

Suspensions:
Conte

Terrible Form:
Appiah
Di Vaio

Montero, Del Piero, and Legro play 1 good game in every 4 games.

Davids, and Zalayetta are gone.

Nedved hasn't been too bad, but he's been far from his best.

Add these worries to the terrible overall defense, the Important serie A game ahead, the loss in the first leg, and moreover, the lack of an away goal.

all this spells out a premature end of our CL campaign. :down:
no comment for buffon??

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Is Zambrotta gonna play this match?

If Lippi plays with Miccoli-Di Vaio-Del Piero I think we can score the two goals that we need

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Deportivo prove (yet again) they are bad travelers:

Saturday March 06, 2004 Valencia 3 - Deportivo La Coruna 0.
yes they are, but that's no reason to take 'em litely IMO :stress: i just hate the sight of depor rite now

fabi, i think zambro will be playing.....hope so

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
If we go out there and play ANYTHING like we did in the first half of the Brescia game, were F*CKED !!!!!!

Still, I have lost confidence.....

Juve 1 Depor 2

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We gotta come out of the tunnel attacking aggressively, looking for goals. Defense has gotta be strong and DP, DV, Miccoli and Neddy has gotta be at their best, or at least playing well if we are gonna have any chance

Forza_La_Juve

Aug 7, 2003
I think Legrotagglie and Montero will decide this game...you know Lippi will play them in defense with Thuram as Right Back as usual. If they play brilliantly, we can win 2-0....if they let in a goal, likely 2-1 and we are sunk...unless Mr. Di Vaio gets hot, then it might be 3-1 :) FORZA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! The next 2 game are the biggest since Last May!!! Please Nicola, no more stupid mistakes in Defense. Do you want to remain a starter next year or not????? Paolo, do you want to be remembered as a pretty darned good defender once upon a time, or a hacker who overstayed his welcome? Gooooo boys!!

Now if I can only find a stupid bar in this town showing the game. In Canada, Curling of all sports (curling!!!?!?!?!????) takes precedence over Champions League on our sports channel......curling?!?!??!? :wallbang: :yuck:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)