[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Massimiliano Allegri maintains Juventus “have everything it takes to progress” in the Champions League, despite a 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The Bianconeri had a dream start to this Round of 16 tie, going 2-0 up within nine minutes, but allowed a comeback, missed a penalty and eventually had only 33 per cent possession in Turin.

“It was a good game, Juve made a few mistakes, partly because of their pressure,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“Gigi Buffon made a great save, we had the chance to go 3-0 up and then missed a penalty. We knew there would be difficulties, now the second leg will be a one-off and we’ll try to win.

“It was only normal to have some difficulties. After going 2-0 up, we got too deep and stopped playing, but part of that was also down to Tottenham’s performance. It was still a Champions League Round of 16, let’s not forget.

“It’s a pity we didn’t win, but we have everything it takes to progress to the quarter-finals.

“Tottenham are a very physical and technical team. Apart from one Buffon save, they didn’t have any real chances. We lost the ball playing it out of defence and conceded.”

Juventus changed to a 4-2-3-1 formation, partly due to injuries ruling out Paulo Dybala, Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi, Andrea Barzagli, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Benedikt Howedes.

“Dybala and Matuidi should be back for the second leg, but that is in a month’s time and we now have to focus on Torino this weekend.”

BUT WHY?! Isn't it your job to stop that from happening?? I don't believe that the players just decided on their own to sit deep.
He is giving his obligation of a press conference that he must do.Especially for a 7mil per season. .A gentle guy.
Anyway ,I am sure that we will go through.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I know it was a frustrating game but some of you should think twice before you write us off so quick, a clear 3-0 chance missed at 2-0 that could'v resulted in 3-0 after which a missed penalty at 2-1 that could have made it 3-1 in our favor just before half time, those were game-changing moments, do not forget that this type of details is what got us this far in the first place, at least try have some patience and see how it pans out in 3 weeks from now, with Matuidi, Dybala and hopefully Cuadrado back aswell we will most likely see a totally different aproach from us. ;)

We had our fair share of luck tonight but it can't be denied the game could have been killed off long before Tottenham even had any real chances at goal...

Tho i do agree there are phases in the game that Max needs to sort out in this next couple of weeks, just as someone stated above, is almost as if we were more surprised of our early lead than they were... Anyway, we will most certainly finish the job at Wembley, afterall having a fully fit squad will play a huge part aswell. :tup:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I actually fancy our chances to go through.
We were too tentative after scoring today, too afraid of conceding. That won't be the case in the second leg. Hopefully we have a full squad by then.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
All the pub talk you and @Gep will get to hear :touched:

Know how it feels living in Bayern :rab:
It's a nightmare, if we get knocked out, I'm doing a self certified sickie for 5 days, and travelling to the hills. Fucking embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)