[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (22 Viewers)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
You suggested in the Matuidi thread that we should defend and counterattack in this game.

The problem is that we are not capable of playing counterattacking football against a good team with Higuain and Mandzukic in the same lineup. We are too sluggish and predictable going forward with both of them together.

Costa is a good counterattacking player but he can’t carry our attack by himself. That’s why we need to bench Mandzukic for Bernardeschi.

Man I wish Dybi was fit.
Yes, I've also watched some Tottenham games.

I think that Khedira in particular will struggle a lot if we play that formation against Spurs. A 2 man midfield might have worked with Matuidi, but Pjanic and Khedira don't have the legs for it IMO.
Basically, everything I said came true.

Allegri made two mistakes that I was warning about before the game. He played Higuain and Mandzukic together, which meant that we were too slow to counterattack. He played Khedira and Pjanic in a midfield two, which let Spurs overrun us.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Forza Ale

[video=twitter;963536688495636481]https://twitter.com/delpieroale/status/963536688495636481[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Still possible if we don't play like today

Forza Dybala

[video=twitter;963534800521965568]https://twitter.com/PauDybala_JR/status/963534800521965568[/video]

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
The 4 attacking players looked good on paper. This was to mask the thin and lightweight 2 man MF. But in fact we didn't attack as much as Tottenham on our own ground. Had Blaise didn't get injured, Allegri would have play 3 man MF. Bentancur is not ready for CL knockouts, Sturaro is not good. The last option is Marchisio. In my opinion, Marchisio should have been played instead of Mandzukic. Then Bentancur could replace Marchisio when he was out of gas.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I can't believe we were 2-0 up within 10 minutes. I think the game would have gone very differently if we were not - i.e we would have played better.

We sat way too deep and couldn't string the passes to counter no way near enough. We surrended way too much possession which meant we had to chase Tottenham all game which meant we had no stamina in the end. I have no idea why Allegri waited till 30 seconds in the end to make his 3rd substitution. I don't get it.

I really think it would have been much smarter to play a 433 with one attacking player spare on the bench. In the end, the whole team was tired and we had no attacking options.

As I said before this game, Juve were getting results playing badly. In the champions league you need to step up. We had a dream start but dropped the ball with lazy play and paid the pric
e.
Bolded part. Spot on.

As I feared our midfield was completely over run. With a completely different tactical approach and a full strength line up we could beat them next week but neither look likely to happen. In any case, Marchisio needs to play in a three man midfield next week.

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time. But you can still hear it in Bernardeschi's post match:

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo" ... After ten minutes?
Allegri needs to sort his shid. This game was very wiNnable but not with that gung ho line up he never uses against minnows like benevento.... But suddenly pulls them out of his arse against a dangerous CL team in a KO phase.
Im all for doing a more attacking minded team, but no without even having trying need before, specially with the maniacal kedira 2 man mid. Madness!!!

This tie is 100% on allegri.

I can't understand why Allegri would go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation tonight after how well the 4-3-3 had been working. The inability to pass out of the back and keep possession as well as the defensive frailties which prompted the switch of formation earlier in the season were evident once again. Wasn't it clear that without the added protection of the 3 man midfield that this defence was shaky? Wasn't it clear that without the extra passing option in midfield and Pjanic playing between two midfielders that we struggle to play out of defence and control possession? I thought these were the reasons we changed from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3. Why on earth would we go back to that system in the most important game of the season so far? How much does Allegri hate Marchisio if he'd rather change the formation that has worked so well in the last 16 games or whatever it was than play 4-3-3 with Marchisio? And then to bring on Bentancur and Sturaro rather than Claudio. Ugh. Max has to take the blame for that performance and result.
Like i said before, forget burger man, even useless khedira.... MAximiliano allegri is the true culprit of todays debacle.

Ill reserve my final judgement for the away game, but unless he overcomes this and demonstrate he can take this team forward...

People say luck when we have two penalties lol? Have I missed something?
Yup. Insanity. We have no excuses.

We just show no desire to win a match against good teams

Play a defensive game and hope to nick it with a goal or two while not conceding

Football has moved on and passed us by, our tactics are just that of an underdog team who are playing a team they know is much better than them

We are Juve not a bunch of bums yet we make Tottenham look like they were Juve playing at home
I think u are spot on. Something in italian football is not clicking as a whole, and this includes the italian coaches like allegri.

Allegri made two mistakes that I was warning about before the game. He played Higuain and Mandzukic together, which meant that we were too slow to counterattack. He played Khedira and Pjanic in a midfield two, which let Spurs overrun us.
Good job. You Saw it coming clearly.
I never thought allegri was going to return to a kedira 2 man midfield tho....im speechless tbh.

100% no doubt we will play better

Would the results improve? Hard to tell but at least we would play with ambition and not fear

He would definitely improve the attackers that is 100% a fact
The bad part about him is that it seems he is a bad man manager like Giaccherini said, and also lacks CL experience, as we have seen with Napoli.

But i would love to have a world class coach, with sarris offensive approach but savvyy enough to balance defense and offense it when it matters.

Right now we are too italian minded,

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

You did well son, you did well!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The 4 attacking players looked good on paper. This was to mask the thin and lightweight 2 man MF. But in fact we didn't attack as much as Tottenham on our own ground. Had Blaise didn't get injured, Allegri would have play 3 man MF. Bentancur is not ready for CL knockouts, Sturaro is not good. The last option is Marchisio. In my opinion, Marchisio should have been played instead of Mandzukic. Then Bentancur could replace Marchisio when he was out of gas.
You are spot on sir.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Let's be logical here.

As much as I believe khedira is a slow and ineffective player on big stage, it is hard for allegri to drop him after he has scored those goals in the last games.

Higuain is not a choker that you guys claim. He fucking chew their defense.

We have two key problems:

The problem was our players do not have much experience in streamrolling opponents. Hence, when they go 2-0 up so early, they are kind of lost about how to approach the next 80.

Next problem is allegri. His reluctance to rectify problems and make good subs during the game is a killer.

Moving forward, leg 2 is extremely tough because juve is not used to chasing a game, and we will be chasing it for 90minutes. I am worried for dybala as he will be under too much pressure to perform. costa and mandzukic are the only players who are used to this scenario (when they were with Bayern, before they were tainted by allegri italian negative mindset)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Let's be logical here.

As much as I believe khedira is a slow and ineffective player on big stage, it is hard for allegri to drop him after he has scored those goals in the last games.

Higuain is not a choker that you guys claim. He $#@!ing chew their defense.

We have two key problems:

The problem was our players do not have much experience in streamrolling opponents. Hence, when they go 2-0 up so early, they are kind of lost about how to approach the next 80.

Next problem is allegri. His reluctance to rectify problems and make good subs during the game is a killer.

Moving forward, leg 2 is extremely tough because juve is not used to chasing a game, and we will be chasing it for 90minutes. I am worried for dybala as he will be under too much pressure to perform. costa and mandzukic are the only players who are used to this scenario (when they were with Bayern, before they were tainted by allegri italian negative mindset)
How about just playing football?

Yes, Allegri can be quite the stubborn one.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Emabarassing! The most disappointing part was the defensive display in first half. They basically have one real striker and everyone in the world knows that and we let him get 3 clear cut chances in 45min. And every time there was 1 or two defenders near him jerking off instead of marking him. If none of our CBs are going to mark their only ST, then let's take out at least 1 and put another attacker. You'd think Allegri is not a complete retard and has learnt his lesson after the fiasco with Ronaldo in final, but I guess not.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Emabarassing! The most disappointing part was the defensive display in first half. They basically have one real striker and everyone in the world knows that and we let him get 3 clear cut chances in 45min. And every time there was 1 or two defenders near him jerking off instead of marking him. If none of our CBs are going to mark their only ST, then let's take out at least 1 and put another attacker. You'd think Allegri is not a complete retard and has learnt his lesson after the fiasco with Ronaldo in final, but I guess not.
He's no ordinary striker, he's a machine.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He's no ordinary striker, he's a machine.
To be honest though that goal he scored was awful defending. They were all ball watching and decided to lose their shape. We got dragged out, its so unlike us and we made it a hell of a lot easier for him to score atleast one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
To be honest though that goal he scored was awful defending. They were all ball watching and decided to lose their shape. We got dragged out, its so unlike us and we made it a hell of a lot easier for him to score atleast one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That's what happens when we come up against good teams in Europe, they can actually punish us and not let us off so easily like in Serie A

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
It seems not having watched the match is an advantage at least on the self-happiness department for an hour and half, yet I cant believe after leading so early with that advantage, Juventus did not completely go and destroy them. I hate the stand back mentality, this match should have ended 5-0. If mentality does not changes Juventus will never win again a CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)