[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The only thing I can cling to after this is that we absolutely have to win to go through but Tottenham can qualify with a draw. I doubt they will but it could be in their head that a draw is an acceptable result and this could effect them mentally. We’ve almost got nothing to lose so have to play to win.....

Clutching at straws...
Only we think like that

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #525
    seriously Hustini, id love nothing more than to have see Khedira even so much assisted a goal tonight or better more scored the winner. I'm utterly sick of people calling him out as our 2nd best midfielder as someone put it earlier this week. Criticise Pjanic all you like, he's not perfect but hell it cant be easy when he's literally the only midfielder in the team trying to do it alone
    2 man midfield we break down. if that isn't crystal clear to members here I don't know what to tell them

3 man midfield.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Still wide open, as it was before the match. We are well capable to win there, and they are good enough to beat us. Almost a month until that match, new injuries can happen, injured players will recover.
    It's obvious, though, that our chances will be very slim if we play again with two slow midfielders.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    Higuain, the hero and the villain in the same time tonight!
    I just hope he wont lose his confidence after tonight, it happens even to the best strikers sometimes, can't have it all your way...

Tho what disappoints me the most is the way we got overrun in midfield for most parts of the game, we allowed that Dembele guy to almost seem like a prime Yaya Toure at times ffs...

I am sure we will improve nonetheless, but we need Matuidi and Dybala back for the second leg if we are to get a good result there.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Still wide open, as it was before the match. We are well capable to win there, and they are good enough to beat us. Almost a month until that match, new injuries can happen, injured players will recover.
    It's obvious, though, that our chances will be very slim if we play again with two slow midfielders.
    I'm just not sure, I don't see us going there and winning

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I thought the performance was largely rubbish, even if Spurs are nothing to write about in defence and we could have been undeservedly a couple of goals up at several points.

Control of the game was lost in midfield. Matuidi is a shocking miss, even more so when Khedira is not even taking part in the game and Pjanic is going through a horrible spell using the ball. It obviously needed another man, Mandzukic played on one leg, and then Allegri swapped it like-for-like when Bentancur and Marchisio are on the bench....

I think basically we didn't have a clue what to do with the lead, and you could see Allegri was furious storming off down the tunnel again, so obviously the players didn't do what he asked. But he takes some blame here when the opponent has a gaping numerical advantage for 90 minutes.

Of course going with the 4-2-3-1 also meant that all four fit attackers had to play and we had no attacking subs left to chase the game, but you can't chase a game with no midfield possession anyway.

To top it off a horror mistake from Buffon. Absolute shocker of a performance all elements considered, but it's football and it happens. I just don't think we have the personnel fit and ready or key players in form to make a serious dent now, the timing of it all is very poor. It'd take a classic performance to go through from this point and the conditions are not there for it. But we're Juve and we'll see.

Getting really sick of Khedira, and I say that as a player who seems like a nice guy and has an awful lot of football intelligence. That's consecutive games I've seen him do a grand total of zero. He offers nothing when the play turns past him, his lack of athleticism is crippling. He hasn't even competed, we could stick a statue of Agnelli in midfield and it would win more balls. Alongside another non-athlete in Pjanic it's almost suicidal in a two-man midfield.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #533
    I don;t understand why we park 11 players in our half when we are getting at them, causing problems and scoring at will.

loser mentality
    We park the bus because with two midfielders you can't build anything out of the back...we blast the ball to our wingers who instantly attack. Nothing fluid about the 4231 this season. Two slow CM's against a very pressing side what do you expect?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    So so so frustrating. Higuain should have had 4 in the first half, Mandzu should have scored his header. Berna could have scored. Yet we find ourselves drawing a game we were 2-0 after 10 mins. Why do we never go for the jugular?
    Don't focus on those one off chances we missed. Kane missed a sitter too.

The problem is the style in which we played, which would have allowed a team like Cagliari to tear us apart.

May 26, 2016
    I thought the performance was largely rubbish, even if Spurs are nothing to write about in defence and we could have been undeservedly a couple of goals up at several points.

Control of the game was lost in midfield. Matuidi is a shocking miss, even more so when Khedira is not even taking part in the game and Pjanic is going through a horrible spell using the ball. It obviously needed another man, Mandzukic played on one leg, and then Allegri swapped it like-for-like.

I think basically we didn't have a clue what to do with the lead, and you could see Allegri was furious storming off down the tunnel again, so obviously the players didn't do what he asked. But he takes some blame here when the opponent has a gaping numerical advantage for 90 minutes.

Of course going with the 4-2-3-1 also meant that all four fit attackers had to play and we had no attacking subs left to chase the game, but you can't chase a game with no midfield possession anyway.

To top it off a horror mistake from Buffon. Absolute shocker of a performance all elements considered, but it's football and it happens. I just don't think we have the personnel fit and ready or key players in form to make a serious dent now, the timing of it all is very poor. It'd take a classic performance to go through from this point and the conditions are not there for it. But we're Juve and we'll see.

Getting really sick of Khedira, and I say that as a player who seems like a nice guy and has an awful lot of football intelligence. That's consecutive games I've seen him do a grand total of zero. He offers nothing when the play turns past him, his lack of athleticism is crippling. He hasn't even competed, we could stick a statue of Agnelli in midfield and it would win more balls. Alongside another non-athlete in Pjanic it's almost suicidal in a two-man midfield.
    Pretty much sums it up perfectly.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    2 man midfield we break down. if that isn't crystal clear to members here I don't know what to tell them

3 man midfield.
    frankly speaking based on tonight's game i dont think 3 man mid would have made that much of a difference.

I'm getting fed up with allegri's love of khedira;
    manbro on the left wing;
    the great 10 mins attacking spell and lets sit back for the remaining 80;
    our lack of a plan B

I Know many here criticised me for what i saw against spurs in pre season but it was literally an identical performance to tonight, all the more pissed off as we were 2-0 up and playing at home.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007

Control of the game was lost in midfield. Matuidi is a shocking miss, even more so when Khedira is not even taking part in the game and Pjanic is going through a horrible spell using the ball. It obviously needed another man, Mandzukic played on one leg, and then Allegri swapped it like-for-like.

Getting really sick of Khedira, and I say that as a player who seems like a nice guy and has an awful lot of football intelligence. That's consecutive games I've seen him do a grand total of zero. He offers nothing when the play turns past him, his lack of athleticism is crippling. Alongside another non-athlete in Pjanic it's almost suicidal in a two-man midfield.
    The Khedira issue has been there all season bar those wonder games where he decided to play, scoring a hat trick and a brace

He just doesn't offer much on a consistent basis at all
    Seemingly jogs around for 90 minutes

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #539
    frankly speaking based on tonight's game i dont think 3 man mid would have made that much of a difference.

I'm getting fed up with allegri's love of khedira;
    manbro on the left wing;
    the great 10 mins attacking spell and lets sit back for the remaining 80;
    our lack of a plan B

I Know many here criticised me for what i saw against spurs in pre season but it was literally an identical performance to tonight, all the more pissed off as we were 2-0 up and playing at home.
    I don't really disagree with anything except for the first sentence. 3 man mid would have a big difference and certainly would have not forced two slow fucking CM's to do defensive work like that when they can't. I agree with the oher points.

Oh, our lack of plan B...well, Dybala, Matuidi and Cuadrado all say hi.

- - - Updated - - -

The Khedira issue has been there all season bar those wonder games where he decided to play, scoring a hat trick and a brace

He just doesn't offer much on a consistent basis at all
    Seemingly jogs around for 90 minutes
    Those wonder games come against 10 man teams or lower table teams.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    4-3-3 at Wembley. Costa on the left instead of Mandzukic. Spurs offer no resistance against Costa on that side of the pitch.

Khedira never on the field. Play Sturaro until he picks up a yellow. At least he can cover space and pinch a ball once in 90 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)