[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
we scored 2 early with that same 2 man midfield. we have to go on.
We did have 4 attackers, so no wonder we scored 2 and should have scored 2 more. But this came at the expense of completely losing the midfield and putting our defense under tremendous pressure. Having two in midfield is not a problem per se, as much as the characteristics of those two particular players are.

And props to Tottenham. It's an insult to their midfield and attack to say that the 2:2 was because Juve were bad. Those guys play top football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Don't focus on those one off chances we missed. Kane missed a sitter too.

The problem is the style in which we played, which would have allowed a team like Cagliari to tear us apart.
They dominated possession but I can only recall that one header Kane missed.

But yes couldn’t agree more. At 2-0 up instead of keeping the ball and controlling the tempo of the game we retreated to our 451 defensive shape and allowed them to completely control the game. Can’t get away with that against quality opposition

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I thought the performance was largely rubbish, even if Spurs are nothing to write about in defence and we could have been undeservedly a couple of goals up at several points.

Control of the game was lost in midfield. Matuidi is a shocking miss, even more so when Khedira is not even taking part in the game and Pjanic is going through a horrible spell using the ball. It obviously needed another man, Mandzukic played on one leg, and then Allegri swapped it like-for-like when Bentancur and Marchisio are on the bench....

I think basically we didn't have a clue what to do with the lead, and you could see Allegri was furious storming off down the tunnel again, so obviously the players didn't do what he asked. But he takes some blame here when the opponent has a gaping numerical advantage for 90 minutes.

Of course going with the 4-2-3-1 also meant that all four fit attackers had to play and we had no attacking subs left to chase the game, but you can't chase a game with no midfield possession anyway.

To top it off a horror mistake from Buffon. Absolute shocker of a performance all elements considered, but it's football and it happens. I just don't think we have the personnel fit and ready or key players in form to make a serious dent now, the timing of it all is very poor. It'd take a classic performance to go through from this point and the conditions are not there for it. But we're Juve and we'll see.

Getting really sick of Khedira, and I say that as a player who seems like a nice guy and has an awful lot of football intelligence. That's consecutive games I've seen him do a grand total of zero. He offers nothing when the play turns past him, his lack of athleticism is crippling. He hasn't even competed, we could stick a statue of Agnelli in midfield and it would win more balls. Alongside another non-athlete in Pjanic it's almost suicidal in a two-man midfield.
I think this was key, and it was the worst possible choice against a young fit and full-of-running team like Tottenham. A 3 man MF with Bentancur would have been preferable. It would have also given us the option of Berna or Costa off the bench in the second. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think this was obvious even before the match.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Gigi,Gigi I adore you,how can you concede like that?And the thing that pisses me off most is that they have a bigger possesion on our own turf and attacking us at 2-2!!!!!
Higuain should never take that second penalty.Fucking desire for a hat trick.
We have to be honest.Maybe we will svore or beat them at London and eliminate them ,but this year forget,forget big about anything about winning CL.No fucking way.Doesn't matter if we eliminate this cunts.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #566
    man I'm telling you his performance tonight was arguably worse than his pre-season showing at wembley.

I wanted to seriously punch someone tonight he pissed me off that much tonight
    I mean, I don't see many people saying you are wrong about him.

Every midfielder we have is simply better (even Sami) when there are 3 of them.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    $#@!ING THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about $#@!ing time more actually opened their $#@!ing eyes to this than pretending to themselves that he's some sort of God send and saviour. He's not! khedira's performance only confirmed my prediction of how bad he would be tonight.... but but but he scored 3 against sassuolo and had an off day against fiorentina where completed 16! YES 16 passes in 90 mins without any tackles or interceptions...

2nd best midfielder my arse
    I haven't seen anyone talking up Khedira on this forum?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    As I feared our midfield was completely over run. With a completely different tactical approach and a full strength line up we could beat them next week but neither look likely to happen. In any case, Marchisio needs to play in a three man midfield next week.

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time. But you can still hear it in Bernardeschi's post match:

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo" ... After ten minutes?

Mar 10, 2009
    Although the loss against Real Madrid was hard to swallow, this result feels harder. I dunno, but its just the fact that we clearly had problems that we did not address. You warn and you warn, and when the calamity strikes its too late. Who are we kidding its over, EPL teams are known for their winning mentality and there is no chance of beating them with our central midfield players. We'll be lucky to get a draw in the away leg.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Ahh I see.. you are one of those stupid haters in the khedira threat who actually know nothing about football but bash him at every chance they get. But when he obviously play well you say nothing. Just Tuz things. Bye hater

Talking about a friendly.. hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

WHERE U AT???? SHOW YOURSELF!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    As I feared our midfield was completely over run. With a completely different tactical approach and a full strength line up we could beat them next week but neither look likely to happen. In any case, Marchisio needs to play in a three man midfield next week.

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time.
    We don't play them next week. The 2nd leg is in 22 days.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time.
    We play in March thankfully

Mar 10, 2009
    Gigi,Gigi I adore you,how can you concede like that?And the thing that pisses me off most is that they have a bigger possesion on our own turf and attacking us at 2-2!!!!!
    Higuain should never take that second penalty.$#@!ing desire for a hat trick.
    We have to be honest.Maybe we will svore or beat them at London and eliminate them ,but this year forget,forget big about anything about winning CL.No $#@!ing way.Doesn't matter if we eliminate this $#@!s.

No chance at beating Tottenham in London, its over move on.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #578
    Torino
    Atalanta
    Atalanta (Coppa)
    Lazio
    Tottenham

We have a nightmare 22 days though until we play them again :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)