[CL] JUVENTUS 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (February 24th, 2015) (62 Viewers)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
On the 2nd leg: If we scored 1, they had to score 2. If we scored 2, they had to score 4.
I'm optimistic.
We're going to score in Dortmund, their defense is awful. I think we'll go through.
Agree,and i also think that's why we have slight edge imo.60-40 maybe because still anything can happen.
But if play it cool and focused,and not concead early,we can frustrate them and hit on the break.
We definitely worth at least a goal,and we're definitely capabable of limiting them to 0/1 goals.

Let's hope it'll turn out this way and we'll qualify.We are the better team,atm at least.
Forza Juve!!
Im glad we won,mainly for the reason that we would believe strongly now that we can beat quality teams in cl,its a huge confidence booster in that sense.Had we drawn here,we would've found it even more difficult to recover from this mental block that we've apparently had in the last few yrs.
So very happy we won first and foremost irregardless of the scoreline.
So much this...we really really needed to win for our mentality in Europe,where we somehow looking bad ALMOST every time.
Good morale boost for sure :tup:
Despite Chiellini's absolutely back-breaking error, an error that basically took us from 100% qualification to significantly less than that, we are still in a great place.

The tactics have dictated themselves for the next match. Dortmund has no choice but to open themselves. We have no choice but to sit back and wait. At the same time they are fighting a tough fight in the league and we are coasting.

The 4-3-1-2 did a good job in the first leg defensively. Offensively it did nothing to help possession but that's ok. There is a reason why this formation looked better against BVB then against fucking Cesena. It's because Dortmund absolutely cannot be allowed to counter. Losing possession in non-dangerous areas to them is actually advantageous. It's like we had more success countering BVB than playing in possession against Cesena, but then again counter attacking has been the most effective way to win matches for quite some time.

This formation invited their fullbacks way up the pitch because that is where we leave space. Sure they try to drop Sahin or Gundogan into their place but those two are possibly the softest and slowest combination of DMs left in the CL.

Of course creating chaos in the centre of the pitch and constantly shielding play to the outside is great for us because when Pogba goes out to the left or Marchisio/Vidal has to go out to the right, they win their battles.

In the second leg I would make a slight adjustment and that is to try and have more distance between our strikers. Both of them would benefit greatly from more isolated actions against BVB defenders. They can beat their men with pace. Sokratis is quick but the rest of the backline is not.

I would really like one forward to stay central and one to shift into that area vacated by the fullback, sort of like how Morata set up Tevez's goal. I think the pairing can shift from side to side depending on where the ball is with each forward taking turns playing central and drifting wide. The more distance you create between the BVB CBs, the worse they will look.

I would also completely scrap any attempt at possession in our defending third. Smashing the ball up the pitch worked great. Even if we don't win the first ball, our midfield absolutely obliterated them to the 2nd ball. We were a bit fortunate today that they could not capitalize on some of our giveaways. A couple cynical fouls helped that but I would really like to avoid those instances.

BVB literally has nothing left to use in attack but their gegenpressing. The only way they can score is by giving our defenders the ball and hoping to force a turnover deep in our half, like Chiellini today.
Well said man,spot on.
Can't rep,but i would ;)
Caceres - BonBon - Chiello
Licht - Vidal - Marchisio - Pogba - Evra
Tevez - Morata

;)
I hate the 3-5-2,BUT,MAYBE for this encounter it would be wise.
Although even with 4-3-1-2 with Marchisio having the CDM role we can be just fine,and better on the counter with another player attacking(Pereyra).

Buy on AliExpress.com

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
lol we are not the best defensive team in europe :lol: that would be atletico

the thing about italian defense these days is that once they meet opposition that can dribbles past players the defense will easily panicked and collapse due to the lack of individual defending quality, doesn't help that almost nobody in italian leagues can dribbles for for his life... gervinho is the prime example of this lol, for a guy like him to be able to terrorize serie a :sergio:
I think we're slightly better than them in terms of defending. I'd say we're slightly more organised. Individually our defenders may not be all that great(apart from chiellini) but our midfield, especially the unit that played in the second half last night, works the buttocks off to protect them. The effect of a dribbler is minimized if he can't isolate defenders and against us its virtually impossible to isolate them. Atl Madrid back off easier than us, we don't mind defending in any zone on the pitch plus our forwards are probably the hardest workers in world football. We gonna need a few goals to wrap this competition up, but I've honestly not seen us look this solid in about a decade.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Pogba gets a 7? honestly? he was worse than Vidal. every time he got the ball he tried to dribble through at least 2 players and lost it, it's like he was playing for the scouts. Marchisio is MotM for me since he had to cover for our two other midfielders who went AWOL. Pirlo did fine, Pereyra was also decent, but he should have buried that chance. Tevez looked up for it as usual and look what happens with Morata when he's shown some faith. Chiellini did a Bonucci, but was solid afterwards, as the rest of our defense.

should have been a 3-1, but I still think we'll qualify if we play like last night.

reus11

Feb 24, 2015
Pogba gets a 7? honestly? he was worse than Vidal. every time he got the ball he tried to dribble through at least 2 players and lost it, it's like he was playing for the scouts. Marchisio is MotM for me since he had to cover for our two other midfielders who went AWOL. Pirlo did fine, Pereyra was also decent, but he should have buried that chance. Tevez looked up for it as usual and look what happens with Morata when he's shown some faith. Chiellini did a Bonucci, but was solid afterwards, as the rest of our defense.

should have been a 3-1, but I still think we'll qualify if we play like last night.
He assisted ;)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)