[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
While I see a lot of optimism, I also see a lot of frustration. It's obviously understandable, but I would like to provide some perspective. I don't know how old you all are, but in terms of sheer frustration for losing in the final, this year isn't even a blip on my radar compared to '97 and '98, two finals which we should have absolutely crushed, and to 2003, which we would have won if not for Nedved sitting it out.

I can confidently say that this year, on the whole, is a success rather than a failure. Who here can say the same of '96-'97? Of course this may just be my, by now, faulty memory, but I remember feeling very discontent with the way we had destroyed United, Ajax, and other good teams on the way to the final, going in as overwhelming favorites to do the unheard of back-to-back wins, and then losing to Dortmund of all teams with that inexplicable 3-1. And then the next season was a lot more bumpy, we lost to teams we shouldn't have lost to in the CL, there was a general trepidation, a feeling that we had been cursed after that final loss to Dortmund: We were not as dominant as before, but in spite of all that we reached the final and I was ready to celebrate so hard that all the prophecies of doom would be coming out false, only to have that offside goal shatter everything. And after that all the doom prophecies came true, Del Piero injured, sacking Lippi, lost in Turin to United in the semifinal...

Compared to all that... This year is a huge success, especially since we continue to improve. I've seen my share of bad years, and this one isn't a bad year. We are on the rise, on the ascendancy, we haven't yet reached our peak. Things will get better. This is just the beginning. Believe it. All of you, believe it. We are back, and there will be more finals and more wins to come. A defeat is only bad if you let it defeat you, and as far as I can tell, Juve has no intention of doing that, and its fans should do the same.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm proud of the players, very proud.

The first half was embarassing, we were massacred. Team as poorly positioned, and nerves were wracking.

But in the second half they belived they could do it, the game was great and we had our chances. Unfortunately Tevez didn't deliver, and Allegri IMO took too much time to make the subs.

But they gave all they got and played with heart and belief. I am really proud. The loss was heartbreaking, I was mad like hell. Now with a clearer head, I can only be thankful for what these players left on the pitch.

On to next season, let's keep growing.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We did. The result sucks, though not unexpected nor undeserved. But it was tense and exciting for much of the match, and that was enjoyable.

Can't get hung up on four straight CL losses, as this year's club has very little in common with the squads of '97 or '98. We overachieved this year, and there's no shame in that. Hope that gives the club a taste of what's possible to continue to seek that. We had been away for so long -- even under those 'glory' years with Capello.
:agree: spot on.

Lets use this loss as a turning point for bigger and better things in the future. The club is clearly on the right track and in the right hands, so I'm confident this damn cup is gonna be ours one day soon.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I do worry that we won't have another chance any time soon but I am hopeful. I am hopeful that we learn and grow from this, many bad teams have lost a final before they have won one... We must do the same. We aren't Atleti or Dortmund, no disrespect to those teams, so I think we can get here again. Sadly though a final comes around every so often, you have to take the opportunity when it's there. There is no real point in saying we are cursed, 4 lost finals in a row bla bla because we are in a different position now then we were then. We didn't choke against Barcelona we just simply weren't the better team. I just hope that as I've said before that this is a starting point not an end point. That this loss fuels our players even more.

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
fuck all this losses fuckkkkkkkkkkk. a new loss record .....fuckkkkkkkkkk. we have our changes and the turk bastard referee
we have little changes but past years we were favorites we chocked.I 'm sad now but proud for juve the players gave it all.
Fuck the final we lost we'll be ok in our dick, but i 'll not forgive the sale of pogba , vidal or any of our superstars to those fuckers , madridista and so on .KEEP THEM AND STRENGTH THIS TEAM, WE DON'T DESERVE TEARS ,NO MORE TEARS

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
We caught a few early YC's but that did not deter us IMO. We just didn't handle the counters very well. In fact, Barca should have scored 3-4 times on those counters off our botched corners where they had 5 men sprinting down field against our 3 :sergio:

It honestly could've been far worse IMO

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
CL Final 2016 in milan...
I'm shattered. Absolutely shattered. I haven't slept, I'm at work half drunk/hungover, I can feel my heart in my throat. Fuck, I dunno what to say. But one thing for sure, we fought!! We went out there and fought like men. 2016 has to be ours.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just afraid of the next CL final. I almost don't want us to get there any more. Seems like we'll never gonna win it :)
I wanna punch you in the fuckin face right now

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
1) We gifted them a man for 97mins. Pirlo the epithet of futility. He lost so many balls and brought 0 to our game. He should have been subbed after 20-30 mins.
2) That Penalty not given right before their counter attack where they scored the 2-1. Could have been a differente game gosh.
3) That refree being a twat. Barcellona players rolling over any touch was maddening coudn't believe my f....... eyes.

To finish it all another cup final lost. We're collecting them. Fack everything really.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
@Fr3sh you need a :pint: to ease all the pain

- - - Updated - - -

1) We gifted them a man for 97mins. Pirlo the epithet of futility. He lost so many balls and brought 0 to our game. He should have been subbed after 20-30 mins.
2) That Penalty not given right before their counter attack where they scored the 2-1. Could have been a differente game gosh.
3) That refree being a twat. Barcellona players rolling over any touch was maddening coudn't believe my f....... eyes.

To finish it all another cup final lost. We're collecting them. Fack everything really.
Really glad you don't post much.

It directly reflects everything about you.

Less is more than enough.

Much love chief

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
Pogba, Vidal, Morata, pls don't sell them, they are juve of our decade, STRENGTH THE TEAM WITH ONE OR TWO CARDS FOR REAL
I don't care for the lost final i love them and i want to celebrate the cl with us

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I'm shattered. Absolutely shattered. I haven't slept, I'm at work half drunk/hungover, I can feel my heart in my throat. $#@!, I dunno what to say. But one thing for sure, we fought!! We went out there and fought like men. 2016 has to be ours.
:rab:

We fought 'till the very end. With a little bit of luck we could have watched another team winning, but that's what makes football so great. We'll be stronger next season. I can't wait :tuttosport:

We still have our souls...

Forza Juve :theflag:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
:rab:

We fought 'till the very end. With a little bit of luck we could have watched another team winning, but that's what makes football so great. We'll be stronger next season. I can't wait :tuttosport:

We still have our souls...

Forza Juve :theflag:
:theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag::theflag:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We fought like men. Didn't resort to cheap gamesmanship like them. They were/are better than us, but with a bit of luck ourselves (and better finishing) we could have won this. All is not lost. We can open a new winning cycle at this club again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)