[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It is a starting point for sure, that's why I'm excited for our future. We will remain at this level. Just need to get more experience and more fire power creativity and offensive wise on midfield. A power house like current Bayern got there by learning and adapting from their struggles from years of losing semi finals and finals. And grown enough in stature to get some of the best players in the game.
We have to replace Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, and soon Tevez. I wouldn't be so sure of that. It will take longer than you think.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Please continue :tup: Your infantile breakdown is mildly curious to see. I really like your schizophrenic mood swings, though it's just an act, atleast hope so.

Most importantly: Don't bother kissing ass and apologizing a day or two from now like last time you showed your true colours.
:lol:

You really are a pathetic individual.

If I felt I'd done something I needed to apologize for, I'd do so. Hence the apology before.

However, this time, you jumping in to defend your buddy while he cries about how we're never going to make a final again is really quite hilarious. Just like he cried about how we weren't even going to qualify for Champion's League when Allegri was hired. Sorry.

I'm happy that we just played in a final. And yes, I clearly think the ref was a big factor. As do many other people.

And if X wants to get all whiny about that and argue it, good for him. But, yes, I'm going to call him out for basically saying we're never going to be competitive in Europe again, and this was our only chance. Nice mentality there.

The fact you're even getting involved in this is just pathetic and laughable.

TO paraphrase another, kindly ignore my posts in the future, and I'll ignore yours.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We have to replace Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, and soon Tevez. I wouldn't be so sure of that. It will take longer than you think.
I think Gigi has a few seasons still. Barzagli has effectively been replaced by the switch to a back 4. Pirlo.. well we still have Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio & Asamoah(?), maybe an AM to replace him. Tevez :scared:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
We did. The result sucks, though not unexpected nor undeserved. But it was tense and exciting for much of the match, and that was enjoyable.

Can't get hung up on four straight CL losses, as this year's club has very little in common with the squads of '97 or '98. We overachieved this year, and there's no shame in that. Hope that gives the club a taste of what's possible to continue to seek that. We had been away for so long -- even under those 'glory' years with Capello.
Definitely. This has really been a season to remember, very special. I was looking at his thread the other day, and my reaction to Allegri being hired was, "I think I'm going to be sick." Well from Conte's departure, to that, to this, what an intense, crazy ride it's all been -- I'm so excited for the future, and so proud of this team. So proud that everyone once again recognizes the quality of Juventus, and their rightful place as a European powerhouse.

Barca had the possession, they created more, but we had a very real chance for the smash and grab. Their early goal was so huge -- but even then, watching the game, I just had a feeling we would bounce back. Our lads hung in there, showed a ton of character, a ton of quality, and on another day it could have been Gigi lifting that trophy.

Hopefully, on another day, it will be Gigi lifting that trophy. Honestly, I believe in the strength of this group, and the important impact that losing big matches can have on the development of a team. Champions often have to feel that pain, before they get to experience the glory -- and this experience is hugely valuable. Can't wait for the friendlies!

:scarf:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We have to replace Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, and soon Tevez. I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Buffon not yet, and as much as I love him, a real top team can function and win with just a good one instead one real legendary one (Valdes with Barca, Van Der saar United, Casillas last season) , though will be impossible to replace his leadership and supreme winning mentality.

Pirlo has declined to a point he has already been replaced by Marchisio. But we need to sign an attacking midfielder or play with extra wing attacker to compensate for the creativity he used to bring.

Tevez is the big big question mark (Gigi can hold for few more seasons and Pirlo liability as starter now) , hopefully Dybala is good enough, but replacing what he brings is the biggiest task we have ahead for sure. Hopefully we will reach a status quo where top top players like him will be extremely eager to come and we will afford them effortlessly. Instead of grooming young studs only or hoping for rejected bargain opportunities.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Buffon with a couple of seasons. Rugani if he lives up to his hype can replace Barzagli. Pirlo is already replaced and shouldt have played the final Dybala with Tevez maybe?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
even under those 'glory' years with Capello.
:inter:

capello... most boring and defensive coach ever,.

Buffon will stay likeon or 2 years more...so maybe we can find someone that works. Replacing him is impossible..but we can find a proper keeper right?

Barzagli, well Rugani is coming.

Pirlo?, we have Marchisio who is even better for our style of play.

Tevez is the only one that doesnt have a a proper replacement..and i dont count Dybala because he is a question mark. But we have interesting dudes in coman and berardi maybe. Also we have some cash to spend and we have Morata who will spearhead our attack for the years to come if all goes well.

We surely can continue and even improve with the right buys and some luck.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We should be planning for Buffon now.
It's hard to plan for it, these kind of things are more about opportunities that present themselves really. Buffon is good enough to start for few more seasons, and it's kinda hard to groom a replacement that must be a top one under that condition. The best ones are already snatched up, and almost best ones won't wait and will be snatched up soon.

Btw I don't rate Neto at all as his replacement.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It was a good effort. Early goal killed us.
I actually think the early goal wasn't the problem. The main problem was our lousy finishing in the first half, IMO.

If Tevez was on his game with the form he had against Dortmund, we might be talking a different story now.

On the topic of replacing players, including Tevez, the past few matches have been an indicator that Tevez isn't perfect either. There's hope to fill his shoes in a worthy manner yet.

Definitely. This has really been a season to remember, very special. I was looking at his thread the other day, and my reaction to Allegri being hired was, "I think I'm going to be sick." Well from Conte's departure, to that, to this, what an intense, crazy ride it's all been -- I'm so excited for the future, and so proud of this team. So proud that everyone once again recognizes the quality of Juventus, and their rightful place as a European powerhouse.

Barca had the possession, they created more, but we had a very real chance for the smash and grab. Their early goal was so huge -- but even then, watching the game, I just had a feeling we would bounce back. Our lads hung in there, showed a ton of character, a ton of quality, and on another day it could have been Gigi lifting that trophy.

Hopefully, on another day, it will be Gigi lifting that trophy. Honestly, I believe in the strength of this group, and the important impact that losing big matches can have on the development of a team. Champions often have to feel that pain, before they get to experience the glory -- and this experience is hugely valuable. Can't wait for the friendlies!

:scarf:
The point that we're even having this conversation in June after what we were thinking in July is pretty awesome.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The point that we're even having this conversation in June after what we were thinking in July is pretty awesome.
Absolutely, brother. So, so awesome.

The fact that we also already have Dybala, Rugani, and Khedira on standby, that helps soften the blow a little, too.

Our management has been so excellent in recent times, maaaaan, have we come along way since Succo, and the Chameleon.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
True Greg, Tevez was very disappointing IMO. Expected more from him. But he needs to be replaced properly because he carries us on a regular almost weekly basis. Even if it been Morata who has unexpectedly been the clutch scorer for most of the knockout phase.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
X never said we wont make a final or wont win it again.He just said it will be extremely purely because of the money power of the English and Spanish clubs.The worrisome thing is,even if our growth is god these teams grow twice as much purely because of their league's popularity.
Like it or not,money power will MOSTLY prevail in the end.Its been the story for nearly a decade.Anomalies like Porto and Liverpool dont happen anymore.Its just the big 4 or 5 muscling their way to the title.
So what X said is a VERY REALISTIC assessment.Nothing wrong in that.

This season is our breakthrough and hopefully we can build on this also from a fimancial perspective.Hopefully we have become attractive to sponsors again and hope we get better deals going into the future.

- - - Updated - - -

extremely difficult*

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
can't get over it, never will, everytime its the same devastation, we could and should have played better now, in 03, in 98, 97, and even against fucking man utd back in 99 we were 2-0 up at home and managed to lost it 2-3, when we will stop to choke in the finals i dont know

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
man what a bad luck filled week for me culminating with Juve losing the CL final. the lads showed heart though. bright future ahead. the way I see it, Juve is at Bayern's level in 2010. Gotta learn and keep building. Even the great Trappatoni and Lippi squads lost some finals. I'll rest comfortably tonight knowing this is Juve, and only winning matters. We'll be back for sure. It was a seemingly impossible task at hand with Barca having the better squad on paper and the ref favoring them. That penalty at 1-1 could've changed the game in our favor. but anyways, excuses are for losers. We'll lift the CL trophy in the near future. I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)