[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Manchester United [November 7th, 2018] (3 Viewers)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Good that it happened, we deserved to lose a game even sooner. The Empoli game comes to mind, then Cagliari could have scored for 2:2 with the attacks we let them have, basically almost every game we win in the same manner, regardless of the opposition. I dont like it, agree with most of the people here - to kill off a game is a skill that every world class club should have, and execute it with perfection! We lack that, we must improve on that and stop being our worst enemy, making our lives harder than it actually is.

It is unacceptable to miss 4-5 or more sitters and goals EVERY single game! This is not bad luck, its a pattern. When you dont score your chances, sooner or later you will be punished. Now get your shit together and react!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The confidence is not there. We Don't convert our chances because we don't do trashing on daily basis. We are not used to destroy our opponents and that's gonna hits us hard. Last night was the consequence of our negative football thorough out these years.
I don't understand why we don't go for big wins. Just kill them off ffs. Why does our team always feel like they need to make our defense shine/get praised.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The silver lining is that it will make them keep him for longer. It's a small lining though.
I was wondering if you still think playing Mourinho is/was a good idea, given your posts in PL2018/19 and wow... you still think so... I hoped he would be sacked rather than risk losing to him, which was ofcourse a real possibility given how conservative he plays his team.

Last edited:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Good that it happened, we deserved to lose a game even sooner. The Empoli game comes to mind, then Cagliari could have scored for 2:2 with the attacks we let them have, basically almost every game we win in the same manner, regardless of the opposition. I dont like it, agree with most of the people here - to kill off a game is a skill that every world class club should have, and execute it with perfection! We lack that, we must improve on that and stop being our worst enemy, making our lives harder than it actually is.

It is unacceptable to miss 4-5 or more sitters and goals EVERY single game! This is not bad luck, its a pattern. When you dont score your chances, sooner or later you will be punished. Now get your shit together and react!
because we don't know how to attack like real top teams, our players don't have the intensity, the drive and the creativity to relentlessly pressure the opponent with the ball on our side, our attacks are always sluggish, slow, static, far too often depending on easy passes, lackluster play through the wings and occasional bonucci long passes.

people blame matuidi for the tackle that lead to their first goal, but the bigger problem is that why we don't play like they did on the attack that lead to the foul? it was a quick attack that had what I described in the above, the intensity, the drive and creativity that pressured our defenses to make mistakes.

improvement? how long has allegri been here? what kind of players do we have now? if we aren't improved already then I can't see we improving under allegri, it's a dead end with him on the charge.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
It is really hard to write after such a undeserved defeat. Man U were never in the game and how they managed to overturn it is still a mystery to me.
I continue to believe that Allegri is not the right manager for us in CL. His complete inability to create a team that play more attacking and open football is his biggest limitation. Year after year he does not improve in that regard no matter the quality of the players at his disposal.

He is also very stubborn and refuses to recognize the most obvious mistakes he makes almost every game - fielding too defensive side from the very beginning, relying too much on Khedira, defending 1:0 lead in the final minutes of the game by bringing an additional defender. You just cannot win CL in these times with such kind of football mentality.
I blame him for this defeat. The wasted chances did not matter so much as we were leading until he did not bring Barza and tried to defend that lead.
Matuidi's stupidity was also a brain fart of the most despicable nature.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Sometimes I think people comment on games without actually watching them.

We don't know how to attack, yet missed 3 (!!) absolute sitters & had 3 or 4 other decent attempts.
We rely on defence, yet had 55 attacking moves, while Man U had 28.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
we were leading until he did not bring Barza
And what makes this substitution even worse is that it was the night when De Sciglio finally had a perfect game. He was solid and tough in defense and unusually aggressive and quick up front. He deserved to play this game to the final whistle. He didn't look tired.

Yet Max had to substitute him with Barzagli, only because he planned it before the game and simply failed to feel the nerve of the match when it was the most important job of his.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I was wondering if you still think playing Mourinho is/was a good idea, given your posts in PL2018/19 and wow... you still think so... I hoped he would be sacked rather than risk losing to him, which was ofcourse a real possibility given how conservative he plays his team.
Dude we beat ourselves. Mourinho is just taking the credit. He won't get lucky next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Sometimes I think people comment on games without actually watching them.

We don't know how to attack, yet missed 3 (!!) absolute sitters & had 3 or 4 other decent attempts.
We rely on defence, yet had 55 attacking moves, while Man U had 28.
because we don't attack like these

players would find their own composure to finish chances when they have clear picture on how to play with the ball on their feet, how to move and where.

we don't, because, we simply don't, this also very evident with how poor our counter attacks are.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
we do have a lot of quality upfront, in terms of speed and creativity. But when it comes to finishing chances, only CR7 Mandzukic Dybala comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

We need to buy more forwards who can finish chances. MBappe, Cavani, Icardi etc.

Douglas costa, cuadrado, and berna are mostly wingers adaptations. Able to create, but not finishers.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly a little baffled about di sciglio and khedira starting. Perhaps allegri wants to lure Man Utd to attack and overlook defence, and then bring on Cancelo and Mandzukic to rape them when they leave their back door too open.

Could back fire, given how mediocore and serie-C standard Khedira and Di Sciglio are, but gona have faith in Allegri.
@DAiDEViL, you downvoted me on the above post. Do you see that I was right now? Heheh

Last edited:

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
I just hope we send fucking Cuadrado packing. He loses chances and slows down the play again and again, and still fucking Allegri keeps playing him. He and Khedira had golden chances and just shit themselves in front of goal

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I don't wind up mates when their team looses a match as I know how much that shit hurts so didn't say anything to my Utd ones when we beat them in Manchester.

Last night I got a barage of messages from them and even a video of one with his Utd shirt on beating his chest.

No class at all.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The confidence is not there. We Don't convert our chances because we don't do trashing on daily basis. We are not used to destroy our opponents and that's gonna hits us hard. Last night was the consequence of our negative football thorough out these years.
It's not lack of confidence, it's complacency.
I agree with the rest. Hopefully GOATnaldo will force the rest to team to not be satisfied unless we beat everyone 4-0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)