[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Porto [14th March, 2017] (7 Viewers)

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
We'll never really gain neutral fans as our energy conservation mode is dull to watch.
Our approach made total sense though and was made even more predictable after the penalty and red card as Porto were always going to go into damage limitation mode.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We'll never really gain neutral fans as our energy conservation mode is dull to watch.
Our approach made total sense though and was made even more predictable after the penalty and red card as Porto were always going to go into damage limitation mode.
Yeah, I'm trying indoctrinate my nephew in the way of Juventus so I made him watch the game yesterday... All I'll say is I can't blame kids these days for picking BPL teams over Juve :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Professional performance. Boring as fuck, but we got the job done. I didn't like that Porto had those two clear cut opportunities in the 2nd half. Our play was sloppy and lackadaisical at times. Rugani should be the starting CB alongside Bonucci if we deploy 4 at the back. Barzagli was poor against Milan, and was found wanting for pace yet again last night; better teams won't be so forgiving. Benatia is too injury prone.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
[video=facebook;1283479611737177]https://www.facebook.com/copa90/videos/1283479611737177/[/video]

respect to porto fans. Apparently this guy was one of the Ultra leaders

- - - Updated - - -

a Porto fan stepped over some barriers and gave a Porto scarf to a Juve supporter at the end of the game. :tup:
yeah just posted that video, I understand he is infact one of their ultra leaders

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
I think we played well. We controlled the ball. They only had 1 real chance with Soares and nothing else. Have you guys noticed that the last 3 games we played 11 against 10. In Sevilla and 2 times against Porto. Teams make fouls against us and a good number. We are not a team that want to overpower the opposition. We did not have to force in this game. Once 3-0 a head it was over. We are seldon or never a team that will kill of . We are not Inter, we would have never slaughtered Atalanta. This is not or style, we seem to be a team that has a certain respect for our adversary.Yes It can look boring but it saves energy for the next games. That also is positive. Look Barca beat PSG but next in La Liga they lost to Deportivo and will probably cost them La Liga. We have to thin k further than or nose friends and not all ways expect a monumental display. We did that against Milan.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think we played well. We controlled the ball. They only had 1 real chance with Soares and nothing else. Have you guys noticed that the last 3 games we played 11 against 10. In Sevilla and 2 times against Porto. Teams make fouls against us and a good number. We are not a team that want to overpower the opposition. We did not have to force in this game. Once 3-0 a head it was over. We are seldon or never a team that will kill of . We are not Inter, we would have never slaughtered Atalanta. This is not or style, we seem to be a team that has a certain respect for our adversary.Yes It can look boring but it saves energy for the next games. That also is positive. Look Barca beat PSG but next in La Liga they lost to Deportivo and will probably cost them La Liga. We have to thin k further than or nose friends and not all ways expect a monumental display. We did that against Milan.
It doesn't take any extra effort to score in a game like that. You are not hunting the ball. They are smashing it back to you. You are making all the same movements and passes to get to their box, how much more energy does it require to synch up and put it in the net? Nothing.

I personally don't think it matters how we won because it's clear we switched off. Trying to turn that performance into something virtuous is really grasping at straws though.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Well, I understand the club but I also understand the ultras.

It costs the club peanuts to help them with choreography and banners.

And what's the problem with big flags? They waive them in their own sector. If it was up to me I'd allow flares too.

But the extortion shit should stop, especially after the latest mafia links.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
[video=facebook;1283479611737177]https://www.facebook.com/copa90/videos/1283479611737177/[/video]

respect to porto fans. Apparently this guy was one of the Ultra leaders

- - - Updated - - -

yeah just posted that video, I understand he is infact one of their ultra leaders
Nice, so yesterday there were rumours of Porto fans doing a napoli and blaming their exit on the ref and now we see this gesture. I guess like all cases the answer is jn the middle. Either way I'm glad to hear they ain't as bad as made out to be.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Nice, so yesterday there were rumours of Porto fans doing a napoli and blaming their exit on the ref and now we see this gesture. I guess like all cases the answer is jn the middle. Either way I'm glad to hear they ain't as bad as made out to be.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
They attacked our HQ with flares.

Assholes.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
they are. just try to buy a 30 € ticket for a random match with the "help" of some vikings... the club sells them a shit ton of tickets which they flip for ridiculous prices.
And they blackmail the club for not cooperating with their bullshit. How sad that we probably have the worst followers (would be wrong to call them supporters) in Italy

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not so much something to gain or lose, but you have to admit we have been looking wasteful in front of goal recently. It's a bit worrying because it's not like we'll be getting all these chances from now on.
We are wastefull against an opponent that defends in numbers. I'll agree on that.

However, when we face a team that wants to take the initiative, we are remarcably more efficient.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And they blackmail the club for not cooperating with their bullshit. How sad that we probably have the worst followers (would be wrong to call them supporters) in Italy
Every single ultras group in Italy would have these same issues. Ultras have been asking for tickets, money and other favours (with the threat of unrest) for ages. Just the way it is over there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)