[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Porto [14th March, 2017] (4 Viewers)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Are people really not happy with this performance?

It was a very comfortable game, completely in control. Clean sheet in both games, 3-0 agg, perfect. We were conserving energy from like minute 60. Cuadrado off at halftime, Dybala off for Rincon, etc. The only ones who were trying at the end were Pjaca and Rincon. Everyone else was just thinking of dat Samp game over the weekend. The tie was dead on arrival, and dealt with in a very professional way.

I liked Pjaca a lot. He just needs minutes and it looks like he will be legit. Did a lot right last night, just missed the final ball. I'm exciting with him.

He must rapidly and largely increase his shooting capabilities if he want's to take any part of this team.He get very easily in chances but his finishes are usually awful.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Toothless up front? Did we need a goal to go through? We did what we had to do. That's all and i'm completely fine with it.
Can you remember many clear cut chances? And the scary thing is it wasn't for lack of trying its not like we sat back and tried to control the game from there we tried to force chances and left our selves open at the back more than a few times.

Are people really not happy with this performance?

It was a very comfortable game, completely in control. Clean sheet in both games, 3-0 agg, perfect. We were conserving energy from like minute 60. Cuadrado off at halftime, Dybala off for Rincon, etc. The only ones who were trying at the end were Pjaca and Rincon. Everyone else was just thinking of dat Samp game over the weekend. The tie was dead on arrival, and dealt with in a very professional way.

I liked Pjaca a lot. He just needs minutes and it looks like he will be legit. Did a lot right last night, just missed the final ball. I'm exciting with him.
Even Allegri cleary stated in his post match interview that he was not happy with the performance. It was poor and thats a fact convince yourselves otherwise all you want.

Incase you guys missed it:

Max Allegri was far from happy with Juventus after reaching the Champions League quarter-finals. “We need to improve the quality of our football.”

Paulo Dybala converted a penalty for the 1-0 win over Porto, 3-0 on aggregate, after Maxi Pereira was sent off for handball on the line.

“The objective was to reach the top eight, now we’ll see who we end up with. We need to improve the quality of our football, which in the second half today left a lot to be desired, as the result isn’t everything,” Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

“The more you try to force things, the worse they come out. The guys played an intelligent first half without running any risks, but in the second half against 10 men we weren’t giving the moves any pace and defended badly too, as we risked conceding a couple of times.

“We have to do one thing right: either attack and score more goals or decide to keep the ball and do that until the opposition falls asleep with boredom, but today we did neither properly.

“We had to make the full-backs run and then go into the space when it opened up, but instead we had too many short passes, trying to force our way through, and it wasn’t the right way. It also left us open to the dangerous counter-attacks.

“It was the maximum result with the minimum effort, fine, but we didn’t do it well in the second half. If we’re going to control the situation, control it well. Instead we were too hasty and in a way it’s fortunate, as now we can work on it in training and fix this problem.”

Allegri was asked about his decision to replace Juan Cuadrado with Marko Pjaca at half-time.

“Cuadrado was on a yellow card, we were 1-0 up, so I thought it best not to risk. Pjaca is a young player who needs to understand that attacking is all well and good, but defending and working for the team is too. Cuadrado has the same issues.

“Whoever we end up against, we will face with hunger, enthusiasm and the desire to improve ourselves.”

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Allegri knows the players didnt step on the accelerator. He knew that before the game.

But if he justifies it after the game, players will become lazy, rather then kept sharp by his criticism

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We could see this performance coming from a mile away

It's always difficult to play an attacking game when you have a lead to protect

We don't play very open and attack when ever we have the ball

Porto did not want to attack much so the team wasn't going to leave any spaces open for a counter attack.

It was not the best performance but it's hard to judge where the team is at when our opponents basically handed us the tie

Team did a good job and we move on

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What else is Allegri supposed to say?

He is not gonna be like "no one wanted to run and that's cool, we are too good to care y'all"

Like even Allegri said, maximum result with minimum effort. That's perfect for a second leg of a midweek game against a team that had nothing to play for. You are winning 3-0, they have 10 men behind the ball, you have a game over the weekend in a long season, why not be smart and conserve energy?

He even took out Cuadrado at HT, nobody takes off a key player at half time if the game isn't done. Or take out your best playmaker for a DM lmao. Allegri knew exactly what he was doing, and it worked perfectly.

Jul 2, 2006
Should have scored more than 3 against this piss poor Porto playing with 10 men. Champions League is only chance to gain more fans around the world, as new generation don't bother themselves with following Serie A. And we have failed to impress.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
While it would be nice to win in style, I won't complain if we win it 1-0 or penalties all the way. Fans want trophy's and that's all that matters. Years down the line, who even remembers this shit.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
What do they want money for? Just for showing up to games?
Banners and fireworks bit of funding for the choreography. Fireworks is a no-no though sooner they are gone the better. I wonder what other european clubs do for their supporters club? :boh:

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Jul 2, 2006
Another thing is that players literally stopped playing after 80. If Porto were better finishers, game could have ended as draw and this would give those who hate Juventus a great opportunity for more accusations, like betting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)