[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (1 Viewer)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Berbatov's header to the far corner was one of their great chance. I guess Allegri didn't want to put a defender there so that the opponent got more chance of being offside. The thing is our defenders usually got outjumped on corner kicks.
We never cover the second post, something that annoys me quite a lot when defending corners. This is what Buffon does I guess.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We never cover the second post, something that annoys me quite a lot when defending corners. This is what Buffon does I guess.
It's not only us. Lots of big teams these days don't keep a man at the post. Annoys the fuck out of me.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Very good result, not so great performance!

- We look so weak with Pirlo on the field. We play so slow, and we are so weak defensively with him on the field. We play with one man less on the feld, when not in posession

- Evra had a very good game, perhaps his best in Juventus.

Finaly. My good we lack a player with flair and skills. We have no able to beat his marker( Bar Perreya) That trenquatista is so much needed! And not a player like witsell.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Very good result, not so great performance!

Finaly. My good we lack a player with flair and skills. We have no able to beat his marker( Bar Perreya) That trenquatista is so much needed! And not a player like witsell.
In form Vidal and Pogba would be enough with Pereyra, but I fully agree with you. We need another creative midfielder, or/and a 10 fantasista like Del Piero.

bongraider

Feb 6, 2012
Pirlo slows down our general play a whole lot. Notice that for the past few months Juve has transfromed from that back-passing mentalityto a more fluid, unpredictable style that can counter at the first chance? That is the effective, more exciting Juve, not the one bogged down by Pirlo.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Shut up about Pirlo, if it wasn't for a stroke of genious by him we would've most likely drawn the game as we looked absolutely toothless in the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

icemaη;4897331 said:
It's not only us. Lots of big teams these days don't keep a man at the post. Annoys the fuck out of me.
If you mark the post you eliminate any chance of the opposition being caught in an offside and you invite physical pressure on your goalie. There are arguments for both approaches, but personally I like the fact that our defense can set up a zone in front of gigi where no one can be before the corner is taken. Gives him room to intercept the pass if they aim for the unmarked zone and if he makes a save which leaves a rebound it gives us a chance of catching the opposition in an offside position instead of scrambling.

bongraider

Feb 6, 2012
Well you forget its not just about the passer but also the positioning and timing of the one being passed to. It was half morata as well and not all about Pirlo. I'll take the win but a don't jizz over that pass against a team like Monaco.

bongraider

Feb 6, 2012
Well you forget its not just about the passer but also the positioning and timing of the one being passed to. It was half morata as well and not all about Pirlo. I'll take the win but don't jizz over that pass against a team like Monaco.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
In form Vidal and Pogba would be enough with Pereyra, but I fully agree with you. We need another creative midfielder, or/and a 10 fantasista like Del Piero.
we need to a player who can play as a classic AM / trequartista .anderson would be good player for crossing and works hard If he is not striker or second striker I prefer him in Midfield position as winger or trequartista .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven couldn't since he was playing football in real life while we were playing.
:D

I don't understand why people would claim it's not a penalty. It's a clear foul. Sure you could argue Morata holds back a bit and provokes him, but it's always a penalty. On the other hand Chiellini did foul the Monaco player inside the box as well. Silly challenge.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
It would be intersting to see what Allegri decides for the return fixture. Now that they have to come to us, do we switch to a back 3 or keep the back 4 ? Do we play Pirlo or play a defensive minded CM like Sturaro ?

Basu

Apr 13, 2015
:D

I don't understand why people would claim it's not a penalty. It's a clear foul. Sure you could argue Morata holds back a bit and provokes him, but it's always a penalty. On the other hand Chiellini did foul the Monaco player inside the box as well. Silly challenge.
I see the foul again and again ,it is a foul without any doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)