[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Sevilla [14th September, 2016] (18 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yep. And as far as I could tell, it was one big chance (the header), and a couple of half-chances which when you looked at the replays were not as big as they seemed.

But yeah. Choker, I guess...

I'm surprised people aren't speaking more of how little we actually created, because to me, that was the main issue tonight. Like @Bianconero_Aus touched upon earlier, we wasted 70 minutes just messing about. And as far as the other 20 goes, we only created two clear-cut chances: Higuain's header and Sandro's header.

We have to create more. That's the problem. We have issues in midfield.
Did you miss the beginning? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep. And as far as I could tell, it was one big chance (the header), and a couple of half-chances which when you looked at the replays were not as big as they seemed.

But yeah. Choker, I guess...

I'm surprised people aren't speaking more of how little we actually created, because to me, that was the main issue tonight. Like @Bianconero_Aus touched upon earlier, we wasted 70 minutes just messing about. And as far as the other 20 goes, we only created two clear-cut chances: Higuain's header and Sandro's header.

We have to create more. That's the problem. We have issues in midfield.
We certainly do have midfield issues. The most frustrating mind bending thing is, the issues are mostly due to team selection. Which is a big worry. Most people would jump at the chance to have our creative attacking talent at their disposal, we however love to play it safe. We romanticise the keep a clean sheet at all cost mentality at times we really do.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
He might be. He's lost for words like all of us. Except he cannot say "wtf Max?" freely like us here
I dont think so. Juve have been terrified of cl for years. Defensive minds, happy to catch 2 place. I think conte fucked most of the team mentally, and they will never achive it.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Football is a team sport, and strikers - no matter who they are - need proper service.

He got very little service, but still managed to make a vicious header towards goal that was unlucky to bounce off of the underside of the crossbar. And he made some good runs that ended up seeming like good chances to score, when they in fact weren't. In particular I'm referring to Pjanic's cross that the defender tackled away. That pass reached the defender first and foremost; not Higuain.

And please stop the master supression techniques, there's no reason to pull the "you are smarter than this"-card.

All I said was that Higuain got very little service, which is an undeniable fact. Other than that, I said that the chance from Pjanic's cross wasn't as big a chance as it seemed to be at first glance.

:agree:

How can possibly Higuain get balls with today's Evra and Alves displays and without Pjanic?
Sandro makes immediate difference.
As much as I adore Evra he was shit tonight.Alves too.Quadrado would do much better job.
Allegri made clear mistakes.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Luckily everybody here knows more than Allegri does. If Pjanic doesn't start there's a fucking reason. Maybe he wouldn't have been able to play at such a tempo for an entire game after only playing his first competitive game a few days ago...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Did you miss the beginning? :D
That opening ~15 mins wasn't too bad from us at all. We got in behind them several times and Dybala and Higuain were linking up nicely (but outside the box)...but Sami missed two good chances. After that, our heads dropped and we played around 55 mins of garbage, directionless football c

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I think we will be fighting for the second spot on last day. Maybe we will sneak it but Lyon knew how to finish a team today. We will find this frustration more and more common in Europe. A lot of teams can learn from the way sampaoli boys played tonight. It's gonna be a long few months...
They played for a draw against a toothless team like us.Nothing tactical special about that bold prick.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Luckily everybody here knows more than Allegri does. If Pjanic doesn't start there's a fucking reason. Maybe he wouldn't have been able to play at such a tempo for an entire game after only playing his first competitive game a few days ago...
Ah, the coach knows best line of reasoning.

That would be great, except, coaches from all sorts of backgrounds all have different approaches to football, from tactics to squad selection. And yes even our coaches can fuck up decisions that we lowly fan peasants are too naive an uneducated to debate ourselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)