[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Sevilla [14th September, 2016] (9 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Wow, that was some disgusting shit from Allegri. Conte syndrome? So stubborn :sergio: So much talent on the bench yet we're forced to watch Chiellini crossing to Higuain.

Not starting A. Sandro is inexcusable. Evra is good for an odd game in Serie A. Pjanic on the bench is the hit of the evening, lol.

Taking off Dybala for Pjaca is dumb as well. Should have taken off a CB for Pjaca so Sevilla's defense would stretch a bit :sergio:

And Cuadrado was there too, but due to dumb selection Allegri had to introduce the players that should be starters in the first place.

I can't get the reason behind sticking to the 352 so much, even in the circumstances we've had today. Why do You need that 3rd defender in the last 20 minutes if Sevilla dropped back and didn't even try to press? Two CBs would cut it. Again we make it hard for ourselves i CL and then one wonders 'what if we didn't get Bayern in RO16', lol.
There is a reason no other top team uses 3 CBs.

Not only we have that extra CB but we also prefer a more defensive minded CM instead of creativity.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Like last year against Sevilla...? Causing us to finish second in the group and face Bayern...
I only wish you would come back to your senses and realise the choker we have. The choker that you wrote thousands of lines convincing everyone that he is a choker.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
As I predicted before, I stick to it, we are ending up third in this group only to meet Union in the EL and Pogba knocking us out.
I think we will be fighting for the second spot on last day. Maybe we will sneak it but Lyon knew how to finish a team today. We will find this frustration more and more common in Europe. A lot of teams can learn from the way sampaoli boys played tonight. It's gonna be a long few months...

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Make excuse comments like meltdowns, but this was frankly pathetic all the way through. Incredibly poor tactics and shit selection.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
The selection was poor, but our main problem was once again our finishing - at this level you can't get as many chances as we had in the first 20 minutes and not score one, not even considering the chances we had in the second half. If we score one, it's a completely different game.

Also, there are more than a few people seriously questioning Allegri's job, if that's not the definition of a ridiculous kneejerk & meltdown reaction I don't know what is.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Honestly, when we watch Juventus at CL we learn how it feels to support Roma in Serie A. Pure choking and weak mentality. It's very frustrating. It's exactly how they fuck up against the minnows in the league.
Difference is we make it difficult for ourselves whereas Roma bend over

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think we will be fighting for the second spot on last day. Maybe we will sneak it but Lyon knew how to finish a team today. We will find this frustration more and more common in Europe. A lot of teams can learn from the way sampaoli boys played tonight. It's gonna be a long few months...
It's not about Sampaoli and Sevilla, it's all about how we play and our play is easily contained.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Both our wingers were incompetent.. Evra 4 and dani alves 3,5.. How alves is still near the starting XI is beyond me..

Our last 10 minutes >>>>>>>>>> first 80..

Allegri was $#@! and this is all on him.. Higuain played as a lone striker ffs..
:agree:
Nothing is more true.
What did Evra in attack that Sandro can't do in defense?What does Alves played other than that pass to Higuain?Nothing.
We would accomplish much,much more in a games like this with Quadrado than Alves.
We played like with 10 players.
Lemina is in a Pogba movie that he can shot from distance.
Why the fuck we didn't play Pjanic?
Oh I forget .
We are adjusting our form in March when Bayern,Barca and Real will be tired.I forgot about this.
Very ,very nice approach.Sevilla was only defending playing for a draw.
We have no midfield and I am not counting the defense the only useful players were Dybala and Khedira.
Pathetic performance.
Having a healthy Sandro and Pjanic and bench them means that we only care about Serie A.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I only wish you would come back to your senses and realise the choker we have. The choker that you wrote thousands of lines convincing everyone that he is a choker.
Higuain is a choker. Of course. I agree. I have always thought this.

However, I'm still going to cheer him on and hope like hell that he overcomes this choking in big matches. I'm a Juve fan.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
And kudos to Sevilla, their game was organised perfectly.

Of course a really ugly playstyle, but also extremely effective, and difficult to play against.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Chiellini: “The positive thing from tonight is that we were compact and organised, so we didn’t allow Sevilla any chances" :lol:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Worth noting he had 1 good chance, which he nearly converted. And a couple of half chances at best. Surrounded by defenders, and given mostly pathetic service

Yes Higuain has a big choking mentality in finals. No, I don't think it meant anything tonight. Most strikers fail to score when given 2-3 chances spread over 90 minutes.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Higuain is a choker. Of course. I agree. I have always thought this.

However, I'm still going to cheer him on and hope like hell that he overcomes this choking in big matches. I'm a Juve fan.
So am I but he has choked so many times before that I don't know how he will get over this handicap of his.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Chiellini: “The positive thing from tonight is that we were compact and organised, so we didn’t allow Sevilla any chances" :lol:
Yes, the positive is that when you bench all of your attacking players and play a 5-3-2 you can often keep clean sheets against lesser teams. Let's do some coke and celebrate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)