[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Sevilla [14th September, 2016] (7 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And kudos to Sevilla, their game was organised perfectly.

Of course a really ugly playstyle, but also extremely effective, and difficult to play against.
But that's why you need skilled players on the pitch to break down the organization.

WTF was Allegri thinking with Asa, Lemina, Evra on the pitch.

Quite clearly it should have been Sandro and Pjanic on there, with one of Lemina and Asa.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
There is a reason no other top team uses 3 CBs.

Not only we have that extra CB but we also prefer a more defensive minded CM instead of creativity.
Allegri doesn't use this team's strength at all. Moreover, he doesn't learn. This team was cut for 352 some time ago but he could easily try something different now. It's disgusting to watch Evra trying to dribble and Cheillini's crosses once you realize who's on the bench. Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Pjaca. Throw in Pjanic as well who's the biggest mystery of the evening to me.

It looks like Allegri gives up CL for Serie A, because there's no other explanation for rotating in a CL opening game. Watch us play the best team against inter and actually kill them at the weekend xD

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Why are we still playing a back 3? The reluctance to move on to a new attacking formation is just killing me. Clearly a back 3 was not needed tonight so why not change formation in the second half?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
This may sound a stupid suggestion but if Allegri INSISTS on having 3 CBS on the pitch then we need to play Bonnuci in the Lemina role and use an extra attacking player to give us more options. Throw Lemina and Khedira as CMS, Pjanic as an AM, cuadrado as an AMR, Dybala as a AML and Higuain up front.

When our back line is not even being remotely tested why are we having 3 players sitting there????????

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Worth noting he had 1 good chance, which he nearly converted. And a couple of half chances at best. Surrounded by defenders, and given mostly pathetic service

Yes Higuain has a big choking mentality in finals. No, I don't think it meant anything tonight. Most strikers fail to score when given 2-3 chances spread over 90 minutes.
Yep. And as far as I could tell, it was one big chance (the header), and a couple of half-chances which when you looked at the replays were not as big as they seemed.

But yeah. Choker, I guess...

I'm surprised people aren't speaking more of how little we actually created, because to me, that was the main issue tonight. Like @Bianconero_Aus touched upon earlier, we wasted 70 minutes just messing about. And as far as the other 20 goes, we only created two clear-cut chances: Higuain's header and Sandro's header.

We have to create more. That's the problem. We have issues in midfield.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Dani Alves: “We created several chances to score and played pretty well, but games don’t always go the way you want them to" :rofl:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
But that's why you need skilled players on the pitch to break down the organization.

WTF was Allegri thinking with Asa, Lemina, Evra on the pitch.

Quite clearly it should have been Sandro and Pjanic on there, with one of Lemina and Asa.
No disagreements here.

Only valid reasons would be fitness concerns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)