CL: Galatasaray - Juventus (1 Viewer)

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
I think the match changed when Terim put in Hasan Sas. He was what they needed because he was giving great passes to Hakan Sukur, totally breaking down our defense with those dribbles, and just added a whole new dimension to their offense. I think Lippi should have countered that move by removing Conte and inserting Appiah as a shadow for Hasan Sas. I didn't understand why he had Appiah playing as a left back????? Oh well, thats Lippi for you.

Juve played a good first half, and with some better finishing by DiVaio, and a little bit of luck with Miccoli's free kick, we could have been up by at least a couple of goals. I was watching the game with some Turkish guys and during the first half they were really scared everytime Miccoli touched the ball. They kept referring to him as the fat midget. Turks.........

Aug 1, 2003
my views :

first of all, Juventus started the match well. No need for Juve bashing here. I mean, we don't even NEED to win this game, we do not want to risk any unnecessary injury and yet we still played well. I think credits should be given to Juve for that.

second of all, I understand if someone dislikes Galatasaray but I do not comprehend people who 'already lost their respect' to Gala just because of this one match? Yes, they dived and pretended they were dying on the pitch, I saw the match, but they were very much under pressure and come on don't tell me you have not met primadonnas outside Galatasaray. Two of their goals were solid, Hakan sukur did not miss and they won.

Football's easy- You do not capitalize on your chances you get punished. That's why Juve lost. And it's not even a significant loss, we didn't even lose anything, a point against Olympiakos will make us top.

So chill. Although I do not like losing either come to think of it its not so bad...

Aug 1, 2003
Lippi is very relaxed, even after a defeat where his team dominated almost the entire game. “We played an excellent match, expecially in the firts hour. We had many opportunities to score, some where really clear.

When Galatasaray scored we reacted immediately, with Maresca and Miccoli we went close to score just a couple of minutes later. With a joke I can say we lost a match in Serie A and one in Champions League: now we start again!”

www.juventus.com

Aug 1, 2003
Man, Lippi sounds so calm :LOL: I never knew 'calm' was in his vocabulary.

Cimbombom, as for me not being Italian and not supporting clubs for my country, fortunately for you I do support Perak FC but, well, the football's just different ;)

Congratulations to you for winning. Good day.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i cant believe i stayed up to watch this match.

the best part was at one point the commentator said that if Del Piero was playing instead of Di Vaio, how many of those chances would he had scored

:LOL:

none

and he also said Appiah is more of a attacking player than defending...

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #447
    Two 100 % goal attampts were wasted by divaio , micolli assested him for both but he did not score , he is to blame for the defeat , it seems divaio bad performance is back now:down:

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #448
    Maresca and micolli were stars in the match , davids was ok but i noticed that appia form is down in the last two games

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #449
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    my views :

Football's easy- You do not capitalize on your chances you get punished.
    I agree totally , i knew it from the first half that juve will loose the game after all the missing chances.

Sep 28, 2002
    so delle alpi is the only place where we can beat gala. but there is no place your national team can beat latvia. you played away, you lost, played at home. woohoo, a draw. i mean, yeah, latvia arre giants of european football they are hard opposition for every team, but so is turkey, you took 3rd place in last world cup. o it must be prety hard, to stay at home and watch latvians winning, innit?

or wait, maybe latvia is not so strong... mayba it's latviEFA.

your such a prick.

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by DAVIDZ ] ++
    I think the match changed when Terim put in Hasan Sas. He was what they needed because he was giving great passes to Hakan Sukur, totally breaking down our defense with those dribbles, and just added a whole new dimension to their offense. I think Lippi should have countered that move by removing Conte and inserting Appiah as a shadow for Hasan Sas. I didn't understand why he had Appiah playing as a left back????? Oh well, thats Lippi for you.

. I was watching the game with some Turkish guys and during the first half they were really scared everytime Miccoli touched the ball. They kept referring to him as the fat midget. Turks.........
    Poor micoli dont they know i mean fat midgest always make it in histroy hello!! maradona!
    Anyways yes hasan sas was essential i knew when hes gonna come down nothing can stop them from wining i was hoing the guy was injured!

Aug 1, 2003
    well..... at least one positive thing came out from this match- maresca and miccoli's talent! :extatic:

I dont have confidence in appiah. Not because of his dipping form in recent matches, but he never really proved himself to me..yet. :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Lippi wouldn't stop baffling us with his choices, he started with Tudor as right-back and Zalayeta in right of midfield !! But still, both players played well in thier new positions and in fact, as a team we were better than Galatasaray in the first half as well as parts of the second half.

We could've easily gone 3-4 goals up had Di Vaio not missed easy chances in the first half that even Emile Heskey would comfortably score from. I'm 100% sure that had Del Piero or Trezeguet were in Di Vaio's shoes and missed those chances they would be crusified and calls to sell them would be filling the forums again. But thank god that wasn't the case.

On a more positive note, I think Maresca had a great night. He played in the left of midfield and was given the freedom to roam forward and he created chances and could've even scored from a couple of chances. Appiah's form is slowly dipping alright, time to reintegrate Davids in the first team?

Let's move on. Lazio, please!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    so delle alpi is the only place where we can beat gala. but there is no place your national team can beat latvia. you played away, you lost, played at home. woohoo, a draw. i mean, yeah, latvia arre giants of european football they are hard opposition for every team, but so is turkey, you took 3rd place in last world cup. o it must be prety hard, to stay at home and watch latvians winning, innit?

or wait, maybe latvia is not so strong... mayba it's latviEFA.
    :howler:

Sep 14, 2003
    I wonder if Lippi will use the rotation system on the coaching staff and give himself a rest and give someone with tactical knowledge a chance.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by CimBomBom ] ++
    if you just look at the topic after the first jUvEFA-Galatasaray match, you would see that I congratulated you all after your win.. so jUvEFA fans are the last persons who gives lecture about being respect or any other things.. First you learn to be a MAN.. not a chicken!!
    Your two points don't connect... you congratulated us after our win, therefore we're not respectful?

It really makes it hard to congratulate someone who's constantly taunting and crticising our club.

After the Gala match, you didn't see us saying "HAHAHA GALAUEFA, TAKE THAT, YOU $#!^^Y CLUB"... we just said that we're glad we won.

and I also see some friends, seems they lost their nipples; who thinks they know a lot about Galatasaray. can you please tell me first team of Galatasaray?? it seems you know a lot about who is our first team player who is bench player...
    We never claimed to know about Galatasaray, nor can you claim that you know anything about Juventus. What's the point of this argument?

And the people who are not Italian in this forum; are you that desperate? I mean dont you have any a bit more honorable team in your own country to support?? it seems not.. what a pity!
    No there isn't an honourable "soccer" team in Australia, and I follow Juventus on television. Is it a crime to use technology to follow events around the world?

Btw, I heard some guys raped a woman in Madrid yesterday. You shouldnt go there either. tell your jUvEFA!! your players honour is on danger.. But this time convince them that Turin is the only safe place in the world. Cause other countries dont help too it seems..
    I don't believe you. You're calling the club officials chicken because they don't want to play a highly public football match in a country where highly public events are perfect targets for making a statement with bombs?

I'd rather our officials show concern for the players rather than say "we'll show these terrorist bastards what we're made of! Bring on the bombs! :fero: "

another point, who talks about terrorism; can u tell me one single match carried to another country in USA after plane crashes, or in England (IRA is still bombing there)
    Well actually, sporting events were cancelled after the Sept. 11 bombings, and it's not like foreign teams travel to the USA on a weekly basis, since pretty much all American sports are played domestically (think about the NBA and NHL...the team that wins those competitions is called the "World Champion".

England is also very different...there hasn't been a major event there for a long time, so it's not like they're gonna boycott all sporting events as long as there's tension in a country... there were bombs in Turkey a week before the match was scheduled. It's not the same, dude.

Thats your clubs character, I am sorry to say that..
    Oh, you are not. You seem to be having a joll good time.

Whoelse call Turkey or Istanbul not safe, I hardly suggest him to check the crime rates in all Metropolitan cities in the world.. There you will see Istanbul is the safest Metropolitan city in the world.. There is internet under your hand, first search, then talk!
    Bombs are different from petty street crime.

Now say whatelse you want... But there is a fact that none of you can change!! Although jUvEFA guaranteed the second phase, they still cry like a chicken!!! and that makes you the most unhonorable club in europe..
    Yes, being the best club in Europe comes with a certain expectation to win matches even if they're not as important as others. We aim to uphold honour and respect for the club, no matter what the situation, and this performance wasn't good enough.

Also, this match did carry some significance in deciding whether we finished top of the group or not.

and I am afraid all Europe had seen it and agreed... so why dont you just get your nipples and go to bed?? isnt it soo late for all of you?? dont forget to change your diapers though.... :D
    :groan: I shan't bother acknowledging this drivel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)