..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++
So close and yet so far.

Milan were far the better team and deserved to win. They were fantastic in midfield, very solid in defence, and very dangerous in attack. Especially Gattuso and Seedorf impressed me. They won all the balls, were involved they pured forward, and made Nesta and Maldini almost invisible by stopping almost all of Juve's attacks. Together with Pirlo and Rui Costa, they simply outplayed and totally dominated the midfield. Congrats to Ancelotti for making them so strong defencively.

Nesta, Maldini and the rest of their defence easily stopped Del Piero and especially Trezeguet, and Dida also looked to have a good game. Shevchenko would have scored if not that offside, and was overally superb. Inzaghi was also very dangerous, and could have scored if it wouldn't be for a fantastic save from Buffon.

Without Nedved, Juve were half the threat when going forward. Del Piero had a bad game, doing very little and missing all of his scoring opportunities. If Juve are to lift a CL trophy again, he has got to find his great form, as it seems he still hasn't. Trezeguet made the worst possible performance. He didn't do anything right, making horrible passes and losing the ball every time he got it. But then again, it's not that easy with Nesta and Maldini constantly marking him and a midfield that couldn't provide him any good chances to score.

Apart from him, Camoranesi was the worst player on the field. He was invisible the whole first half, and thank goodness Lippi later substituted him. If he is to stay at Juve next season, he's got to find his early form. If not, he simply isn't of Juve standard. Davids and Tacchinardi were good, but seemed little concentrated and gave the ball away too easily to the Milan players. Of the two especially Davids was impressive. Zambrotta was again Juve's motivation and did a great job on the left wing. He didn't do much in the second half though.

The Juve defence seemed lost at the start of the game and were giving Milan too much space. Luckily we had Buffon who saved their ass every time. In the second half Juve seemed more solid in defence, as Montero moved in to the centre because of a Tudor injury. Why he didn't play there from the start I can't understand. But that didn't make too much difference, as Milan were again comanding the game and creating goal opportunities. Together with the again superb Thuram, Montero was the most impressive. Ferrara was worse than I expected, and he could have been more influential, comanding the defence as he did in previous games. Birindelli was rather good, but could do little against a superb Milan side. We should perhaps buy a left back for next season.

Buffon was amazing, and without him, it could have gotten even worse. Apart from saving our ass in the entire match, he made two crucial saves in the penaly shootout later on. Who denies his ability is simply stupid.
Then Lippi. What happened to the great coach we knew the entire season? Before the match he was very relaxed, and you could tell he was confident of winning this game. It seemed he made no tactical analysis before the match, and the decisions he made before the match, including playing Montero as a left back and playing Camoranesi at all were quite doubtful to me, especially when you looked at how it worked out. Also, it was clear he didn't motivate the team enough, as they played with little determination, little imagination and generally little of everything. You could clearly see that Milan were more motivated and determined than Juve, and showed great character and never stopped running. Lippi surely must take some of the blame for this game, but the players too should have done so much better. Where was the performance they had against Real Madrid? Where was the fighting spirtit, determination and character we saw so many times this season? Football is really some complicated business.

I don't know what it is, but Lippi sucks at the CL fianls. Winning only one out of four is too poor for such a great coach and I hope he can change that in the coming seasons. After winnig the scudetto twice in a row, I would now like to see him guiding the team to a CL final. That should be his main priority next season.

Forza Juve!
he'll probably thinks it's his fault we lost!!:down:

but it wasn't!

if at fault were a 100% buffon would take 100%
nedved's asbence 45%
and our bad appearence,
the rest....

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
Italian television station Italia 1 reported that a furious Pavel Nedved stormed past reporters inside the Old Trafford locker-rooms at the end of the match that saw Juventus lose the Champions League to Milan after a dramatic penalty kick shoot-out.

When asked what he thought of his team's loss, the former Lazio star banged his fists on a door and ran away from the journalists.

A one match suspension forced Nedved to watch the game from the stands.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
Juventus defender Lilian Thuram said he feared the worst when the Champions League final against Milan went to penalties.

The Rossoneri triumphed 3-2 on spot-kicks after 120 minutes of goalless football, and Thuram said: "From the moment it went to penalties there was a strong chance we'd lose as Dida is very good on penalties.

"We knew it was going to be very difficult. We had the chance to win and I'm upset as it was a magnificent competition."

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Resgol ] ++
How many $ do we get after getting runner-up spot?????
UEFA gives 16 million EURO for the CL Final!

The winner usually gets €10 million and the loser €6 millon!
But before the game JUVE and Milan made a deal to split the
€16 million!

So we should get €8 million!

----------------------------------------------------

what a sad ending!!! nothing worked.... :down:

damn!!! If I was in Italy ppl. would atleast know why I look so down and sad! now everyone thinks a family member has died or my GF has dumped me or been cheating on me!!!

I put 2 exams aside b/c of this game... all I could think about was this... damn!!!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by KHALED ] ++
I'm a heart broken ;( ;(
-
-
I can't sleep..........I can't eat...............I can't study
i can't either...

+ i am still crying...:down:

why god didnt help us???

i am so mad...:fero:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++
Ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6.5, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor
6, Birindelli 6.5, Montero 5.5, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6.5, Tacchinardi 6,
Davids 6.5, Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 7, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 4.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 8, Thuram 6, Ferrara 7, Tudor 5.5,
Birindelli 6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 7, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5,
Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 4.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor 5.5, Birindelli
6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 4.5, Conte 6.5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6.5, Zalayeta 6, Zambrotta 7, Del Piero 5, Trezeguet 4.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Ferrara 7, Tudor 6, Birindelli 6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 7, Zalayeta 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Del Piero 5.5, Trezeguet 4.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor 6, Birindelli 6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6, Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Del Piero 5.5, Trezeguet 5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor 5.5, Birindelli 5.5, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5, Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gigi the best :strong: and Trezeguet even 4
Treze :rolleyes:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lilianna ] ++

i can't either...

+ i am still crying...:down:

why god didnt help us???

i am so mad...:fero:
I'm in the same boat as you mate. When I went to sleep last night I just broke down with tears and I started asking God, "Why, why didn't you help us? I prayed to you so much and still no answer?" My mom told me that he has a reason for everything, so I guess that means since I've gone through so much pain with Italia and Juve that he'll let Del Piero win the Golden Ball next year, Juve win the CL, and La Nazionale win Euro 2004, with DP being the star of the tournament.

Sounds good, eh? :D;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
ha! i bet nedved was so freaking mad
And so he should be. He ran like if he had five lungs for us and gave us his heart and his soul. He deserved a winners medal, and we f!~@ed. We let him down. Pavel, God bless you :touched::down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Possibly, but I saw loads of Juve fans in the stadium praying and there was a woman that was in tears even before we had lost :down:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
yes he deserved the medal and the cup, they showed him on a part of the match and he had his hands on his forehead with a sad face

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Not just Nedved, all of our players deserved the Cup. Buffon, Thuram, Ferrara, all of them have worked so hard this season and a second place medal is all they receive :down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
yes when i saw that girl crying i started to cry too
I watched the match at my grandparents, and I didn't want to cry infront of them so I held it in, but when I got home, during dinner I just broke down. I cried for like 20 minutes non-stop. No lie :down:

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Not just Nedved, all of our players deserved the Cup. Buffon, Thuram, Ferrara, all of them have worked so hard this season and a second place medal is all they receive :down:

Everyone deserved a goldmedal.

There is one thing that made me so upset and that is the reviews in the papers about the game. Especially the spanish ones that says gives the trophy to Real just coz the play more entertaining :fero::fero:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)