..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tam-tam

May 29, 2003
i am sad just like most people here but i want to say some stuff about our game last nite.

from tactical point of view, i think lippi was a bit confused. he said before the match that he had the starting eleven and the tactic in mind already. but after i saw the lineup, i think he was a bit speculative. i think 4-4-2 is alrite but i dont know what's his reason putting montero for left back. that really surprised and dissapointed me. personally, i think that's a tactical blunder.

IMHO it would've been better if he put montero with ferrara on center, get birrindelli or pessotto to play left back and leave tudor on bench. and also, even though camo hasnt been at his best, i think it was worth a try to put him on the right just like he did and see how it goes. if it turned out bad (just as happened), then change to di vaio and 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1.

if nedved was on the pitch, we would have davids and nedved running for the ball. but nedved obviously wasnt playing and davids was injured, so practically, after that point, there were no ball winners for us.

even before davids out, milan has practically dominated the midfield (which IMO the most important part of this game). gattuso was really playing well and determined (u can see it from his face). we also left too much space for rui costa. and we lost the ball VERY easily. many bad passes. this is one of the crucial reason why we lost.

objectively, if there was to be a winner in that game it has to be milan. although i am really depressed by this massive lost, i admit that milan did play better than us. they attacked more often and dominated the midfield. we defended very well (as usual) and that's y we could reach the penalties, otherwise the game would've ended sooner. so overall, i dont think we played that bad (as in like the worst game ever). by the way that we played, we were good enough to held milan throughout the 120 mins.

anyway,i think it has been a great season anyway. we are up 7 pts from the second place in serie a. many records as seen in juventus website (best attack, best defence, etc). we played that beautiful match against madrid. we showed our determination against barca and depor and so on and so on. so just because we lost it all in one match doesnt reduce the fact that juve is great this season. see, we HELD them to the very end, we didnt give up. even though we werent playing well and we lost an influential player (ended up losing 3 players too!). think milan losing rui costa, gattuso and costacurta for example. would they have been able to hold us that long?

no player should've been blamed. see, football is a team game. u could say that luck won them the match in the penalties although they did play better than us. penalties was as people have said a game of luck. i do think that trez did a crap penalty. so it wasnt that dida was good. i also dont think that montero should took the penalty, but he took it because he thought he could converted it. so i respect his decision. buffon did his best.

if i have to single out any player, i think davids and zambrotta played better than everyone else. also buffon obviously. the worse player i think is camo. i also think that lippi made some bad decisions (he also had made some brilliant decision before). but then again, they should not be blamed in particular.

u see, it was practically and technically an even game at the end (0-0). they just had to decide the winner, so they went to penalty. if there was to be a replay, it would've been better.

sorry if its long and if it offended someone :down:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
I agree with your comment on Lippi. On paper, we are so much weaker than Milan or Inter, yet we beat 'em both in Serie A and we made it to the CL final!
yeah, he's gotta take credit for that, but still, it annoys me how we lack even one creative midfielder when Milan have aout 4 quality ones, three of which start! AND they stil have room for a brilliant defence!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Their figures are in the red though.
but does it stop them? teams don't get any sort of sanctions imposed for this do they? not that I'm condoning it but say if we bought two playmakers aimar and deco for instance we would not be in the red and we would have a much better team for it.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
but does it stop them? teams don't get any sort of sanctions imposed for this do they? not that I'm condoning it but say if we bought two playmakers aimar and deco for instance we would not be in the red and we would have a much better team for it.
You don't realize that we, at the moment, don't have anyone that would be worth a lot to sell (if you not wish to sell DP or Buffon) and we would not be able to cover the fonds we would use. It would be stupid, especially if you are not sure if this players are going to make it or not. La Liga and Por leage with their footbal ideology are one thing, Seria A is another.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
So close and yet so far.

Milan were far the better team and deserved to win. They were fantastic in midfield, very solid in defence, and very dangerous in attack. Especially Gattuso and Seedorf impressed me. They won all the balls, were involved they pured forward, and made Nesta and Maldini almost invisible by stopping almost all of Juve's attacks. Together with Pirlo and Rui Costa, they simply outplayed and totally dominated the midfield. Congrats to Ancelotti for making them so strong defencively.

Nesta, Maldini and the rest of their defence easily stopped Del Piero and especially Trezeguet, and Dida also looked to have a good game. Shevchenko would have scored if not that offside, and was overally superb. Inzaghi was also very dangerous, and could have scored if it wouldn't be for a fantastic save from Buffon.

Without Nedved, Juve were half the threat when going forward. Del Piero had a bad game, doing very little and missing all of his scoring opportunities. If Juve are to lift a CL trophy again, he has got to find his great form, as it seems he still hasn't. Trezeguet made the worst possible performance. He didn't do anything right, making horrible passes and losing the ball every time he got it. But then again, it's not that easy with Nesta and Maldini constantly marking him and a midfield that couldn't provide him any good chances to score.

Apart from him, Camoranesi was the worst player on the field. He was invisible the whole first half, and thank goodness Lippi later substituted him. If he is to stay at Juve next season, he's got to find his early form. If not, he simply isn't of Juve standard. Davids and Tacchinardi were good, but seemed little concentrated and gave the ball away too easily to the Milan players. Of the two especially Davids was impressive. Zambrotta was again Juve's motivation and did a great job on the left wing. He didn't do much in the second half though.

The Juve defence seemed lost at the start of the game and were giving Milan too much space. Luckily we had Buffon who saved their ass every time. In the second half Juve seemed more solid in defence, as Montero moved in to the centre because of a Tudor injury. Why he didn't play there from the start I can't understand. But that didn't make too much difference, as Milan were again comanding the game and creating goal opportunities. Together with the again superb Thuram, Montero was the most impressive. Ferrara was worse than I expected, and he could have been more influential, comanding the defence as he did in previous games. Birindelli was rather good, but could do little against a superb Milan side. We should perhaps buy a left back for next season.

Buffon was amazing, and without him, it could have gotten even worse. Apart from saving our ass in the entire match, he made two crucial saves in the penaly shootout later on. Who denies his ability is simply stupid.

Then Lippi. What happened to the great coach we knew the entire season? Before the match he was very relaxed, and you could tell he was confident of winning this game. It seemed he made no tactical analysis before the match, and the decisions he made before the match, including playing Montero as a left back and playing Camoranesi at all were quite doubtful to me, especially when you looked at how it worked out. Also, it was clear he didn't motivate the team enough, as they played with little determination, little imagination and generally little of everything. You could clearly see that Milan were more motivated and determined than Juve, and showed great character and never stopped running. Lippi surely must take some of the blame for this game, but the players too should have done so much better. Where was the performance they had against Real Madrid? Where was the fighting spirtit, determination and character we saw so many times this season? Football is really some complicated business.

I don't know what it is, but Lippi sucks at the CL fianls. Winning only one out of four is too poor for such a great coach and I hope he can change that in the coming seasons. After winnig the scudetto twice in a row, I would now like to see him guiding the team to a CL final. That should be his main priority next season.

Forza Juve!

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I'm really sad about it but they just seemed like they don't care....
yeah they could win but it was like:"I don't mind".....
AND THAT where we lost he match our Mental side was bad!
Yes we were without Nedved,but still we could take it!
U saw with what an eager Ac Played almost the Whole match!!!
THEY WANTED IT!
LIKE WE DID VS REAL!
Yesterday we were really bad!
Well tnx all.....
still gr8 season!
I hope we make some good transfer stuff at the summer!
FORZA JUVE!
WHAEVER HAPPENS I LOVE U SIGNORA!:cool:

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
I'm really sad about it but they just seemed like they don't care....
yeah they could win but it was like:"I don't mind".....
AND THAT where we lost he match our Mental side was bad!
Yes we were without Nedved,but still we could take it!
U saw with what an eager Ac Played almost the Whole match!!!
THEY WANTED IT!
LIKE WE DID VS REAL!
Yesterday we were really bad!
Well tnx all.....
still gr8 season!
I hope we make some good transfer stuff at the summer!
FORZA JUVE!
WHAEVER HAPPENS I LOVE U SIGNORA!:cool:
Totally agree.

Let's hope we'll win the Champions League next season!:thumb::undecide::rolleyes:

Oct 2, 2002
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MMMMMMMMMMAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WE ARE DA CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...............I AM SPEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHLEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

You don't realize that we, at the moment, don't have anyone that would be worth a lot to sell (if you not wish to sell DP or Buffon) and we would not be able to cover the fonds we would use. It would be stupid, especially if you are not sure if this players are going to make it or not. La Liga and Por leage with their footbal ideology are one thing, Seria A is another.
we shouldn't need to seel in order to buy. Thats what the small clubs have to do. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Surely purchasing a decent creative midfielder should happen regardless of who we sell!

When are we ever sure if a player will make it? Its called risk, risk at the end of the day is what football is all about. Was buying Aimar a risk for valencia? yes. Was it worth it? definitely!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
woks both ways naturally but I'd rather we took risks personally. Besides purchasing deco would not be a 'risk' IMO, he's a tremendous player.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm with you on Deco. However, I do feel we need to be cautious. Several years back, taking a risk wouldn't have upset anyone, even if it blew up in your face. Nowadays, it may give you that final push to financial misery and everything that comes with that.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6.5, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor
6, Birindelli 6.5, Montero 5.5, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6.5, Tacchinardi 6,
Davids 6.5, Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 7, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 4.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 8, Thuram 6, Ferrara 7, Tudor 5.5,
Birindelli 6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 7, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5,
Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 4.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor 5.5, Birindelli
6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 4.5, Conte 6.5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6.5, Zalayeta 6, Zambrotta 7, Del Piero 5, Trezeguet 4.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Ferrara 7, Tudor 6, Birindelli 6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 7, Zalayeta 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Del Piero 5.5, Trezeguet 4.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor 6, Birindelli 6, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6, Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Del Piero 5.5, Trezeguet 5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Tudor 5.5, Birindelli 5.5, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Conte 6, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5, Zalayeta 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gigi the best :strong: and Trezeguet even 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)