..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i wouldn't say the worst juve ever...it wasn't bad for a juve without nedved against AC Milan....

dont underestimate our opponents.....

the worst game was the ManU Game where we made so many mistakes....at least here we seemed like we knew what we were doing...

Juve's counter attacks start so nicely and you would think that the quick passes would do something, but Trez allways finds a way to F%ck it up!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Markko

May 29, 2003
It was Trez who spoiled our dreams.

Serginho and Shevchenko + one more player had to score for Milan, DP, Trez+one more for Juve.

The same thing with Zalayeta. He is like Kluivert: worst when the expectations are the greatest. Scored against Barcelona when it was not expected. The will always stay a talent. Never a complete player.

Pavel, where have you been...

Everyone praises Dida. What for? He would not be a good goalkeeper if he did not save any of our 3(!) bad kicks. The same with Buffon saving Kaladze.
The only good save was Buffon's against Seedorf.

WE are ITALIAN CHAMPIONS. Must find another 2-3 substitutes of the best quality (like Milan has Redondo, Rivaldo...)

May 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

Alex was like shit he deserve zero , i agree the game proved the juve depend on nedved 100%
Wash your mouth before talkin of Alex :fero: : he's not an ordinary player HE'S JUVENTUS if you don't understand this YOU AIN'T A JUVENTUS FAN..and yesterday every threat to Dida started from his feet even if it wasn't his greatest day. Lastly he scored a 1000-tons-weighting penalty (the last one...the last hope: i'd like to remind you that a certain champion like Baggio costed Italy a world cup final against Brazil in 1994 in similar condition) provin he's cold blooded like no one else...if only the rest of the team had half of his courage (why do you think players like Zambrotta didn't accept to kick the penalty? i'll say it: his legs were shaking because of the enormous pressure...no blame to him, and to other players better than Pablo that didn' accept the challenge, but that's the difference between a very good player and a champion) now we'd be talking of a victory

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
Welcome to the forums, Marko :)

You make a good point, the PKs Dida saved weren't anything special. It makes sense that he didn't touch DP's, because he is our dead ball man, and Biri's was pretty good. But the other three were pretty abysmal. So yeah, total agreement :)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
1. Milan matched us in every department..Rui Costa :thumb:

2. we looked like we didnt care about the game (remember Ferrara chance, when nesta superb clearance)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Trezeguet was terrible, but don't blame him more than Del Piero or Camoranesi...
don't forget he wasn't 100% fit, and he didn't get ANY good ball in front of goal with a chance to score! he can't play to far from the net.
we played an awful game in the attack... but we were very good in defence (since the start of the second half)
again, the team performed terriblle, not one player like Trezeguet.

players that played good:
Zambrotta
Thuram
Buffon
Montero
Ferrara
Davids

I hate Milaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! F**** them! lucky bastards

Jussi

May 19, 2003
We can't blame Treze of all this shit! He played very badly,well he didn't play at all but you all blame him? HEY COME ON,you shouldn't be so idiotic! Have you completely forgot what he has did to us in Serie A?

And this DP shit thing,HAH.Del Piero was solid,not brilliant but solid.And that's really enough.How can you play single-handedly brilliantly when the team can't controlly attack at all? It isn't DP's job to come to midfield and start the attacks.

Alex,are you one of these guys who thinks Inzaghi should have stayed and Del Piero left? I mean Inzaghi played better than DP in this match? Few good headers and that's it.If your team is attacking the whole game I think even you could get few good headers.What else did he did? Nothing.So let's not start to sing this annoying Pippo song cause he isn't that great.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Guys Milan did ave a better flow, but we had our injuries to add to Nedved and we had better chances, see Conte bar and chance without a keeper where a milan player just chipped the ball before our player kicked it.

Anyway we had a good year. Forza Juve

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
After the disappointment and unbearable dispair of last night I can't really add anything except for some points:

1. I can't see how Zalayeta was climbed into this. Di Vaio would have been a better choice, especially for the penalties. I told my friends that i'm 120% sure that Zalayeta will miss his shot and he did :down:

2. The ref should've repeated Montero's missed penalty, because Dida was 3 feet ahead of his line, which is against the rules.

3. Milan didn't outplay us, but seeing that it is a CL final both teams were very cautious in their approach.

4. We surely missed Nedved. He was the one who oils our midfield machine, and without him we really dried up.

5. We missed a golden chance to win the trophy, reaching the final of the CL is not an easy task and doesn't happen every year. I'm just disappointed that most of our players didn't perform up to their own standards in such a huge match .. how can this possibly happen ?? I can single out Buffon, Davids, Thuram, and Zambrotta though because I believe they played well ..

6. Anyway. the Scudetto triumph would surely be a good consolation .. and the great thing about football is that there's always next season and we can hope for the best.

JKane

May 31, 2001
Don't ****in' blame this on single players, because if you do, you have not the slightest idea what Football and, above all, Juventus is all about.

Yea, we lost it and yea, some players did play poorly. Nevertheless we are a team and that is what made us so strong this year.

I was never more proud of being a Juventino than yesterday.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
They did not outplay us, but they were a better team I believe. They had a total control in the 1st half and after a better start in the 2nd half for Juve they regained it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Buffon: made some good saves esp. Inzaghi + Seedorf.
Thuram: consistent but not special.
Montero: good, pity about the pk, he was brave to take it.
Ferrara: solid, like the rest of our defence.
Poor Tudor :frown:

Zambro:great, he gets better and more confident every game.
Davids: worked hard as usual, pity about the injury, it was a turning point.
Tacchi: wasn't too impressive, made some stupid tackles like always and wasn't effective attacking.
Camo: a shadow of his form at the start of the season. I won't be surprised if Juve reconsider buying the other half of him.

Trez: Easily the worst game of his career. I won't blame him for the loss though, he didn't get any of the service he needs.

DP: Didn't do much apart from the meaningless penalty. He hardly saw the ball.

Zala: Crap.

Conte: Surprisingly made a bigger impact than I expected. His header was good, but some of the shots he attempted could have been taken better by another player.

Biri: Decent, the only time I noticed him though was his terrible cross after Roque Junior slipped.

Mistakes:

1. Zala on for Davids. DV was so much more suited, we needed a player who could pass and dribble. Zalayeta hesitates so much when he gets the ball, it's so frustrating.

2. Montero and Zala taking penalties. I don't expect Lippi to be psychic...but MONTERO!?

3. Camo starting.

I would've gone for:

1. DP
2. Trez (yes I would've chosen Trez too)
3. Tacchi
4. Zambro
5. Ferrara

We played really CRAP, was this really the same team that played against Madrid?

Nonetheless, I'm proud of being a Juventino, and I wore my jersey to uni today. I met a couple of Juve fans, and chatted with some Milan supporters...we didn't deserve to win this match, though I do agree with Lippi that we're still the best in Italy.

I was so upset though, especially cos I woke up at 4am to watch it. I had a maths test too. The only consolation for today was winning $10 out of 90 cents playing poker.

Let's not blame any players or make excuses. Saying we lost just because Nedved was there just goes to show the lack of depth in our squad. Hopefully Miccoli, Rosicky and Aimar (PLEASE BUY THESE TWO) will change all that next season.

Aug 10, 2002
Milan were better on the night, but over the whole competition we deserved the CL. Barca than madrid who were last years champions. Milan had to beat an inexperiened ajax side then a lucky away goal got them into the final. Damn lucky milan :(:(

Aug 10, 2002
I agree with gray we played crap. Id still say we are probably the best in europe we just had a really bad game yesterday. I dont think i can take all this again next year lol, nearly had a heart attack after each penalty. I took my frustration out on fifa i went and beat milan like 15-0

May 17, 2003
Agreed..... our road to the final, i think was more dramatic, hard and beatifull than Milans'. Think of the games starting with 3-2 over Depor. After and including that game, was beautiful (besides the basle game)...... We deserved it for our performances in the knock out stages. But remember there is always next season....

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The first, and biggest, disappointment is now gone and though this sickening hangover will probably stay with me for weeks, I've managed to make up some ratings that I deem fair.

Buffon 8 : There's only so much a keeper can do, and he did it.

Thuram 8 : Solid in defence and moving forward when the opportunity was there to support his team fully!

Tudor 6 : Decent performance up until his injury, but I think he could have made a bigger impression.

Montero 7 : I'm gonna get slaughtered for this one I suppose. Nevertheless do I think that Montero played a good match! He was up against arguably some of the best strikers around and did the job. One bad penalty kick shouldn't affect that - it happens to the best of us.

Ferrara 6 : Fairly invisible. He defended well but I expected more from him. More leadership, more initiative.

Birindelli 6 : It's never easy to just jump in a match, but he did well.

Zambrotta 5 : I know the pitch was wet, I saw other players slip. But never as often as he. Get some new shoes or find another job! Fairness urges me to mention here that he gave everything though. Sadly, it wasn't enough.

Tacchinardi 7 : Good and solid display. He tried to fill Davids' gab and finish his own job at the same time. He may not have succeeded in that fully, but who would've?!

Camoranesi 4 : No words for such a display. One good pass made up his game, the rest of the time he was invisible. Back to Verona I reckon.

Conte 5 : Pass, Conte. Not shoot, pass.

Davids 8 : The midfield collapsed the moment he left the pitch. 'Nuff said.

Del Piero 4 : Ale, you have GOT to find your old form again. And do so fast!

Trezeguet 4 : I've never seen him play worse than last night's display and I think you'll agree with me on that one. The penalty kick I don't blame him for but for all the other mess-ups I do.

Zalayetta 5 : Roughly what I expected from him. Just not good enough

Lippi 6 : Based on the fact that, no matter what you say, he DID get us to the final. His decisions worry me at times, but I've drawn the conclusion that it's due to those getting the better of my simple brain rather than Lippi being a fool.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
2. Montero and Zala taking penalties. I don't expect Lippi to be psychic...but MONTERO!?

I would've gone for:

1. DP
2. Trez (yes I would've chosen Trez too)
3. Tacchi
4. Zambro
5. Ferrara
It was not up to Lippi to choose. They wanted to take them, others did not :)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
On the balance of things I am generally in agreement with Erik's ratings but here are mine anyway

Buffon: One stunning save in the first half, made every catch, held every shot, commanding, had some kind of aura about him. One of his penalty saves was brilliant as well. What more could be asked of him, nothing. 9

Thuram: Very consistent performance from Thuram. Tried his best to support a poor attack and was extremely proficient in defence. 8

Tudor: Did OK but was only on for a short while. Should have made more of his height from set pieces. 5

Ferrara: Great performance, very impressed by Ciro. Looked very solid, rarely let anything get by him, though he was somewhat invisible he did his stuff to perfection. A tad disappointed he didn't step up to take a penalty though. 7

Montero: Got better as the game wore on, started a bit nervous but by the end had Inzaghi firmly in his back pocket. Won a lot of headers too for a small man. Very determined display. Shame about the penalty but at least he stepped up. 7

Birindelli: Did ok but contributed very rarely to the attack. Wasted a great crossing opportunity but defensively sound. 5

Zambrotta: Tried very hard, won a lot of freekicks which we failed to take advantage of. Never quite reached the top of his game but certainly not a bad performance. 6

Tacchinardi: Good anchorman display from Tacchi. Becoming a vital part of our team more and more, did everything that could be asked of him. 7.5

Davids: Despite being poor and inconsistent for most of the season, Davids has improved beyong mention in the past month or so. Top performance from him, his absence allowed Gattuso to run the show. 8

Camoranesi: Where has it all gone wrong. Invisible. 3

Conte. Made an impact but why didn't he pass on those two occasions where he ballooned over. Nearly made up for hit but hit the bar. 5

Del Piero: Don't like to criticise him I really don't but yet again in a big match he has failed to turn up. 4

Trezeguet. Awful performance. Blatantly not a world class player, should have been subbed off and for a striker his penalty was awful. 2.5

Zalayeta. At least tried, though failed to make much impact. Another poor penalty, should have done better, he's a striker you know. 5

Lippi: Not happy with his 4-4-2 from the start, lacked any sort of cutting edge and the forwards were invisible and isolated. Were we hoping for a deflected free kick or a goal from a corner, cos thats the only way we were gonna score. Leaving Di Vaio out for the full 120 was criminal. Still its been a great season for him, and 2 successive scudetti show that. Our squad is far worse than Inter's or Milan's but this ain't his fault. Hope Moggi was paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)