..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
I watched the game again tonight with a much more analytical outlook. We were unimpressive, but I think I lashed out a little hard before. I don't understand why some things happened the why they did, but while I was watching it, it occurred to me that a few years ago, if I had seen myself, I would have been dancing around screaming "IT'S ONLY A GAME!!!!!"
And you know what, it is. A game, for enjoyment, and only one of the many Juve have played and will play. We had a great season, and whilst it's not the highest note to finish on, it was the CL final, and that's not to be sneezed at.

I watched it with Ant, who came up with a gem in amongst rubbing my face in the dirt. It was said a number of ways here already, but the fact that the two teams knew each other so well as to neutralise each other almost entirely for 2 solid hours of play speaks very highly of them tactically. Penalties are more luck than talent a lot of the time, and so while to lose on penalties is certainly the most painful way to go, it is not necessarily indicative of which was the better team. As it went, Milan was that better team and probably deserved the win more than we did. But for two hours we were equally matched, and that is nothing to be ashamed of. The lack of goals wasn't only for wanting of attacking drive, for certainly there was some of that from both sides - it was about two teams who were well-matched.

I am so proud today to be a juventina. I wore my Juve shirt today with more pride and purpose than any other day ever. This was just one game. We will win others that are bigger and better.

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
Anyway
Nobody can put the blame on dp even though he didn't prove to be decisive in this final.Damn he had no decent ball to make sommething with!!
Nedved we truly missed in this final but i'm SURE it would've been all different had Lippi made better choices.
Di Vaio should've got in along with pessotto..and DP should've played AS USUAL.
But you know what?
I still believe we are far better than milan and that Del Piero and co will win this for us next year:it's gonna be all the more delightful that we made the same in Italy after we ended up runners-up in the scudetto race.
Stand up and fight again for triumph Juventini

Dr. Flava

Feb 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveMafia 4Ever ] ++
I know that Trezegol didn't play well! But u guyz r too harsh on him! He didn't have any chance! He didn't even get any support! So how the *uck can he play at a worldclass level :fero:?
What do you mean he had no chances? He had at least three!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But, at least conte changed our way of playing.

in the first half, we were nothing. but after conte´s arrival, we were better.

Balboa

May 1, 2003
AC Milan playing 100% of their abilities failed to do anything with Juventus which was not on top of their form that night. I can’t understand those who say that Milan played a great match. I also don’t agree that AC Milan deservedly won the Champions League. They won just 1!!!!! game in playoffs, scoring only 4 goals in 5 matches. While Juve had to make their way to the final through great Spanish opposition, AC Milan played unconvincing matches against Ajax kindergarten and toothless Inter. Milan was just very lucky to win the cup.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah, my sincerely opinion.......milan played at his best , and had a tough game against a uninspired juve.

With all his names, milan still is not beter than us , maybe yesterday they played better, but in general, they dont deserve that cup.

IMO from the only one that im hapy , is for maldini, he is a true champion and won deservedly that cup. Now he is a living legend.

You must see the pic when he is lifting the cup, oh my, is the best winning pics i have ever seen!, jealously i have to admit it!.

bonglegs

May 29, 2003
Zamb was our best player and Davids was good too and Conte when he came on.
But I think that everybody else forgot where they were and what they were doing.
Camo was great earlier in the season and I'm a big fan, but he just hasn't been performing of late and shouldn't have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)