[CL FINAL] JUVENTUS 1-4 Real Madrid [3rd June, 2017] (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We have to keep pushing again and again and again. Real were a joke in the CL from 2002 to 2014. Barca were a joke till 2006. Bayern went through 2 heartbreaking final defeats against Inter and Chelsea until they won the treble and became a superpower.
I believe we can do the same. This is Juventus, not Atletico Madrid. We rose from the ashes of Caliciopoli. Surely we can rise from losing the CL final in a double winning season.
True. But none of them lost 5 finals in a row and 7 overall.
We have a complex/phobia due to this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
:tup:

Everybody now that second half was a catastrofy, but nobody owe's us anything. The best thing the club can do is analyse, why it went wrong, and what we are lacking to take that final step.

Then we need to act on it and come back stronger next year. $#@! those petty EPL fans.

Winners find a way, loosers find an excuse.
There is a reciprocal value exchange btween us fans and the club/players.

- - - Updated - - -

It was thier resposplity to bring us this or come short trying. They didn't bring it and they quit fighting 30 minutes before the end. Unjustfyable.

Aug 2, 2005
that is only in the mind, which can be fixed
Dybala lost a penalty and come back to take the shot vs Donnaroma.. he did not believe in the complex/phobia..

he and others like him will learn from this, the work now is not on the players, it is on the management to improve the team to take that step.

this is football and this is life, we lost today, you can do it next time.. live up to your potential.

and I hope the club to stop those media my time shits. it increase the euphoria not the focus and determination needed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We were the underdogs the past two finals though. Let's not attribute the alignment of the stars where basic betting lines will suffice as an explanation.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

It was thier resposplity to bring us this or come short trying. They didn't bring it and they quit fighting 30 minutes before the end. Unjustfyable.
We got the second half wrong. The players are human and mistakes happen. When they happen against a world class team like Real it is going to look extra bad. I dont want a fucking excuse, I want us to look forward and find out how we are going to win it next year. For me that mindset and mentality is what this club is all about.

Aug 2, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

yes.. they stopped fighting but yesterday it would have only made it worse after 3-1, remember that we conceded 2 goals in less than 5 minutes.

that's on Allegri, however, our bench is not a CL final one.
its easy said after the match
had introduced Marchisio Cuad, for Barza and Khedira/Pjanic if injured, at 2-1 or we could have did something although low possibility.
had it need at halftime, the chances would have been better.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We were the underdogs the past two finals though. Let's not attribute the alignment of the stars where basic betting lines will suffice as an explanation.
Which last two finals.

By that logic we will always be underdogs. We will be considered underdogs every time we face Real, Barca, Bayern, heck even Man utd in the final cause they have won the CL more times than us.

I wonder would we be considered underdogs if somehow we and this average Liverpool who cant keep clean sheets make final next year. Historically they are most successful english team in CL. But i dont rate their current team in same mold with the likes of Real, Bayern, Barca etc.

Aug 12, 2015
We have to keep pushing again and again and again. Real were a joke in the CL from 2002 to 2014. Barca were a joke till 2006. Bayern went through 2 heartbreaking final defeats against Inter and Chelsea until they won the treble and became a superpower.
I believe we can do the same. This is Juventus, not Atletico Madrid. We rose from the ashes of Caliciopoli. Surely we can rise from losing the CL final in a double winning season.
Bayern lost 1999 THE heartbreaking finale against manU in the last minutes and they proved moral and won the tournament in 2001. The same in 2013.
So we have to do the same.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm actually quite puzzled how any Juventus fan could ask the question, "What were our last two CL Finals?" ... Let alone get that answer wrong.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Which last two finals.you

By that logic we will always be underdogs. We will be considered underdogs every time we face Real, Barca, Bayern, heck even Man utd in the final cause they have won the CL more times than us.
Seriously? Do you think if Man United made the final next season and were up against Juve, the betting lines of Vegas and every lousy sports betting web site are really going to lay money down based on what happened in the 1980s??

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Agreed.

I'll say it again. The wealthiest teams with the best attacking talent happen to dominate this competition. As a unit we can compete with these teams but in terms of individual quality, they outweigh us and this individual quality is whats needed to get over the line on most occasions. It's that simple.

May 23, 2013
Honestly people who are comparing us this team to Atleti is a very unfair comparison.

Against Madrid in 2014 Atleti lost because of a last minute goal from Ramos

Against Madrid in 2016 Madrid won because of an offside goal from Ramos

Atleti were VERY unlucky to lose their finals while we were outplayed, embarrassed, and spat on by Madrid.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Agreed.

I'll say it again. The wealthiest teams with the best attacking talent happen to dominate this competition. As a unit we can compete with these teams but in terms of individual quality, they outweigh us and this individual quality is whats needed to get over the line on most occasions. It's that simple.
That's not all though, we managed to beat those type of teams on route to the final as well. There's clearly some psychological factor playing its part as well.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's not all though, we managed to beat those type of teams on route to the final as well. There's clearly some psychological factor playing its part as well.
imo, its easier to beat Madrid and Barca over two games, which is why i wanted Real in the semifinal

another thing, the final should be played during the season, not after it. there is too long of a pause between semifinal and final, enough for the forms and match fitness of both teams to change completely

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
that is only in the mind, which can be fixed
Dybala lost a penalty and come back to take the shot vs Donnaroma.. he did not believe in the complex/phobia..

he and others like him will learn from this, the work now is not on the players, it is on the management to improve the team to take that step.

this is football and this is life, we lost today, you can do it next time.. live up to your potential.

and I hope the club to stop those media my time $#@!s. it increase the euphoria not the focus and determination needed.
I mostly agree with you, I still think we will be able to win it if we continue the good work of last 6 years , but how would dybala behave in a situation where he missed 5 penalties in a row against donnarumma , he will be little shaky in that situation for sure , this seems to be juventus players when they are going to play a ucl final ,it's like that history is on their shoulders even dat most of our starters didn't even participate In the last final, there were only bonucci , chiello , gigi and barza from 2015 but we still looked like they were crushing by this negative thing , even dani alves who was a beast this season in ucl had a very poor game for his standards,plus he is a winner he won 3 ucls before , Sami won with madrid , mandzu with bayern , the truth is dat most of our players could have been overwhelm by this final as for some of them was 1st ucl final like sandro , paulo , higgy , miralem or even cuadrado .

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The only argument to support the claim would be our 2nd half display yesterday. We showed no fight in the 2nd half for some odd reason but it was always going to be difficult for us with Cristiano in the kind of form he was yesterday.

But against Barca ? We were clearly 2nd best except for 10 mins in the 2nd half. No psychological factor played a part in our loss to them. And the 2015 team surely showed more fight and desire than yesterday.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Agreed.

pretty much.

No grinta nor media hype will overcome sheer talent.

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair... madrid midfield is night and day from barcelona and monaco

el clasico is a different thing because theres is so much at stake and both teams have very offensive set ups so anything can happen.

But our midfield were really tested yesterday and we got exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)