[CL FINAL] JUVENTUS 1-4 Real Madrid [3rd June, 2017] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2007
we got abused for 20 minutes before it was to late. For us usually we have a for good enough d to withstand this stuff and turn the tide but that lucky goal for them set us off and we had to come out more than we wanted and couldnt hang. That Casmeiro shot isnt deflected the game would have been very different. Would we have won? maybe not but it would have gone differently

- - - Updated - - -

Just like the Buffon save against Iniesta that moment sparked ud to domination o could have set Barca on fire

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Fuck this final.

I trust our management. Soon enough we'll become the best team in the world by quite a margin.
I think we'll reach the final again soon. I remember after the 2015 defeat, I said we'd be among the top 2 or 2 teams soon. I think we're there now. I mean, officially we are now.

To me this feels like Brazil Germany all over again. The sense of failure is colossal. Lucky me I got so much on my plate right now that football isn't up on the list of priorities, otherwise depression would hit hard.

I know some will say we just lost to a better team but I don't know, man. To me if feels worse when we're outplayed to a point of an almost humiliation losing by a big margin. Fuck this shit really.
We're not used to such big defeats. Barca, Real and Bayern all lose by such margins sometimes. I guess it's all a part of the playing with the big boys

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
To me this feels like Brazil Germany all over again. The sense of failure is colossal. Lucky me I got so much on my plate right now that football isn't up on the list of priorities, otherwise depression would hit hard.

I know some will say we just lost to a better team but I don't know, man. To me if feels worse when we're outplayed to a point of an almost humiliation losing by a big margin. Fuck this shit really.
:tup:

It's so colossal all I can do is laugh. Something bizarre happened in that second half. We stopped playing, we gave up. We didn't fight for the ball, we didn't organize ourselves on the pitch, Pjanic-Khedira who had dominated Barca and been the main reason Madrid's midfield looked so poor in the first half, just vanished. Our CBs, the best in the world this year by far, disappeared, couldn't organize themselves into a proper shape at all, they were out of position and looked helpless on each Madrid attack. And Alves, Dybala, Pjanic, Sandro, our chance creators, literally couldn't make a simple pass in the second half, Higgy couldn't even hold the ball up for 3-4 seconds without losing it.

I keep reading people say we need this or that player, this or that position fixed, etc. I don't see it. We need better depth so we can rotate better and not get as burnt out next season... but this is the same team that annihilated Barca and could have scored a 7-8 goals over the 2 legs if Higgy had his shooting boots on. This is the same team that smashed Monaco. This is the same team that dominated Serie A to the tune of 91 points, against the strongest Napoli and Roma sides in years, and a domestic double with ease in the Coppa over Lazio.

And most telling, this is the same team that clearly outclassed Madrid for the first 40 minutes, and were very unlucky not to be up 2-0, with Madrid scoring their only attempt in 40 minutes on a deflection, and Navas making an incredible save on Pjanic's gorgeous shot.

What happened in the second half was not about starting XI quality. We clearly have that in spades as shown all season long and in the first half. Something went very wrong psychologically. We were like an Inter or a Roma in Serie A, out there in the second half. Our players didn't come out to play, and mentally collapsed after that Casemiro goal. We deserved to get smashed, because we just didn't try. And that's by far the most embarrassing and pathetic aspect of that performance.

It's still somewhat mind-boggling to me to have seen us dismantle everyone so ruthlessly up to this point, and dominate the first half the way we did, and then just ghost the second half completely.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty much.

No grinta nor media hype will overcome sheer talent.

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair... madrid midfield is night and day from barcelona and monaco

el clasico is a different thing because theres is so much at stake and both teams have very offensive set ups so anything can happen.

But our midfield were really tested yesterday and we got exposed
Our midfield dominated the first half. Modric-Kroos-Casemiro looked terrible for the first 40 minutes, and Khedira-Pjanic looked fantastic.

Something just went horribly wrong after the half. Pjanic and Khedira ghosted completely, Bonucci - Chiellini looked atrocious. Dybala was the worst player on the pitch all match. Madrid took more initiative in the second half, took more possession and our two man-mid got overrun, as Alves and Mandzu also kind of faded and stopped supporting our mids.

Another note is that if Dybala played a decent game, it would have given an outlet to our CMs to relieve pressure. Instead Dybala had a nightmare and constantly turned the ball over (including what led to Madrid's only chance and goal in the first 40 minutes). We left our two mids on an island in that second half, and they wilted.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

It's so colossal all I can do is laugh. Something bizarre happened in that second half. We stopped playing, we gave up. We didn't fight for the ball, we didn't organize ourselves on the pitch, Pjanic-Khedira who had dominated Barca and been the main reason Madrid's midfield looked so poor in the first half, just vanished. Our CBs, the best in the world this year by far, disappeared, couldn't organize themselves into a proper shape at all, they were out of position and looked helpless on each Madrid attack. And Alves, Dybala, Pjanic, Sandro, our chance creators, literally couldn't make a simple pass in the second half, Higgy couldn't even hold the ball up for 3-4 seconds without losing it.

I keep reading people say we need this or that player, this or that position fixed, etc. I don't see it. We need better depth so we can rotate better and not get as burnt out next season... but this is the same team that annihilated Barca and could have scored a 7-8 goals over the 2 legs if Higgy had his shooting boots on. This is the same team that smashed Monaco. This is the same team that dominated Serie A to the tune of 91 points, against the strongest Napoli and Roma sides in years, and a domestic double with ease in the Coppa over Lazio.

And most telling, this is the same team that clearly outclassed Madrid for the first 40 minutes, and were very unlucky not to be up 2-0, with Madrid scoring their only attempt in 40 minutes on a deflection, and Navas making an incredible save on Pjanic's gorgeous shot.

What happened in the second half was not about starting XI quality. We clearly have that in spades as shown all season long and in the first half. Something went very wrong psychologically. We were like an Inter or a Roma in Serie A, out there in the second half. Our players didn't come out to play, and mentally collapsed after that Casemiro goal. We deserved to get smashed, because we just didn't try. And that's by far the most embarrassing and pathetic aspect of that performance.
You contradict yourself somewhat. You say the loss was down to psychology and suggest getting more depth as solution. A consequent solution would be raise starting XI quality/mentality by adding proven world beaters, not some momma's kid 24yo italian 'talents' scared like deer in headlights. Also by adding that, we would gain depth automatically by adding Cuadrado or Manzo or Khedira to the bench

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You contradict yourself somewhat. You say the loss was down to psychology and suggest getting more depth as solution. A consequent solution would be raise starting XI quality/mentality by adding proven world beaters, not some momma's kid 24yo italian 'talents' scared like deer in headlights. Also by adding that, we would gain depth automatically by adding Cuadrado or Manzo or Khedira to the bench
Oh, I agree with this to an extent. I think there definitely needs to be more quality in the 12-17 spots on this team. Whether that be by Khedira, Cuadrado, etc going to the bench, or by getting players who can actually push them for minutes, and replace them when they go through periods of bad form, without a massive drop in quality. Either way, we need to have better options off the bench.

The psychological/Mental thing is just a guess. Perhaps the emotions of the season and the journey left them mentally fatigued and drained, because there is something very strange about the nightmare that happened in the second half.

However it doesn't change the fact that it is a very sad state when you sub Dybala off in a CL final he is playing badly in, and the only option to bring on is Lemina, whilst needing goals. Dybala might as well have stayed on in the off-chance the ball fell to him in an area where he could put it in the net. The same deal with having to sub Bobby P on in the CL final in 2015. Our CB depth is great, our fullback depth is decent. Our midfield, attacking midfield, and Wing forward depth is appalling.

I still think our starting XI is fantastic. We just don't have the players to make a difference in attack from the bench if one or more of our attackers has a bad game.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Pjanic looked exhausted early. But then I read he had a knee injury
I didn't know that. He looked like he was really struggling physically in the second half.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im all for this plan. Is the right way to go

I didn't know that. He looked like he was really struggling physically in the second half.
yeh, he threw himself in the floor when he coundt go longer and alegri subbed him right away

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Our right side was not as fluid as our left and really only had one true player on it. In the second half we couldnt play down the left like we had in the first and became predictable. Cuads could have at least made Marcelo sit further when we are on offense creating space for Alves to come in that space. who would pick him up? Benz? Ronaldo? Isco? or more likely one of the cms which would have let pressure off of the center where we were getting owned. By the time Allegri could make the change it was to late and Cuads couldnt take advantage of Marcelo because we were down 2 goals
most will probably not really have noticed it but the right side was being the reason we could really pose a great threat against madrid. we could not attack over that side because of the lack of discipline of our free spirit and cross dresser dani alves.

There were at least two instances when higuain got the ball in the central midfield position and tried to drift out wide to the right being doubled down by two real madrid players. he was search for support on the right by line the situation you would either have a right midfielder in or a full back but there was NOBODY there. i can understand that barzagli probably had the order not to join the attack, but if it is our right back that makes himself available for an back pass to keep possession it should have been dani alves. sadly dani alves has less positional discipline than a chicken whose head was just chopped off and is running around like crazy. there were even instances where alves was even more advanced in position than higuain basically taking the prima punta position. that is not how you win a game. showing that you want to give your all is fine and well but if you break the common passing lanes by simply not being available it will hurt you.

another thing is mandzukic. for all of his beauty when scoring he totally "negatively" made up for it by making their second goal possible. why the fuck would you not make sure to receive the ball by advancing towards the goal, when real is pressing with several man. this kind of arrogance cost us dearly, but of course sandro (iirc) being outrun by modric who is 10 cm smaller and definitely not one of the faster players doesn't help.

the marking of ronaldo is another thing that is totally incomprehensible to me. how cocky do you need to be to thing "hey, we will only defend/mark the space and not the player". this could perhaps work against crap teams in serie a but not against read madrid. it is very sad that we could not learn from our mistakes, because it was the same "non man marking" that allowed mbappe to score against us. it is simply not acceptable to let a play receive the ball inside of the penalty box without having one defender of ours very close and in between the attacker and our goal.

another thing to be mad at was the way we reacted after their second goal. instead of trying to press very hard and early we did actually do nothing. did we really think this would work out ? i would not have complained if we lost -14 because we tried to press high and run our socks off and then got punished on the break for our gung-ho approach but this was an unworthy display of a hoe getting down on her knees to wait for what she deserves to get.

i think this game made it even more clear that we need a better midfield and i do not even care what other players come, but please please please get fricking verratti. if we had verratti instead of khedira we would have coped with real madrids pressure easily because he does not need somebody to play the ball to. he would've simply made the opponents pressing players look like fucking stooges and clowns like he has demonstrated against similarily skilled clubs like barca (when barca was still very good) over and over again. i do not want to see khedira on the pitch in a champions league match again. he is as fast as a one legged zombie and turns like a train. i at least expect a midfielder of juve to either outplay one opponent or hold the ball long enough for passing opportunities to show up.
[video=gifv;jZxYJEb]http://i.imgur.com/jZxYJEb.mp4[/video]

it is totally understandable that read madrid is going to press even more if they see that it is easy to pressure a lumberjack like khedira into making mistakes or misplaced passes, but if they get made to look a fool over and over again their players will not commit that hard to pressing simply because them being outplayed leaves spaces for our players to run into.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Guys, i think the most people here seriously overrate madrids midfield.We completely dominated them in the first half.Actually except for their goal, we had a great first half, to the point i was 100% sure we would win the game.

In the second half Madrid came oute to press us hard.But we knew it ffs.Max knew it would happen, our players knew it would happen.It was logical for them to have their 15-20 minutes of hard pressing.Actually it has happened many times before in the games against Barca and Monaco.We were staying deep, soaking pressure.And guess what.....they created absolutely NOTHING.I struggle to remember a good clear oportunity Madrid created in the beggining of the 2nd half, apart from some pathitic shots from Isco(?).We seemed bad ok, but this is just our game.I think Max was waiting for the storm to pass, and then bring Cuadrado in the 70th minute to attack a tired and frustrated Madrid team.

And suddenly, out of nothing Casemiro shots, ball takes a deflection and it's fucking 1-2.This could have happened against Barca or Monaco too.It's just luck.Their first 2 goals were actually deflections.After that we lost our concentration and our organisation, and that's clear in Madrid's 3rd goal.The rest is history.

Thing is, we are not really used being goals down and chasing the result.So we collapsed mentally.Shit happens...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats part of the problem. We dont know how to go for the kill. We dont have the players nor gameplan to do that. They do.

They have players that know what pass they need to do, and where... to create a chance. We lack that killer attitude and players

- - - Updated - - -

We prefer to play the waiting game. But when we need to create and score, we dont know how to.
Or maybe not that we dont know how to, but we surely lack a lot in doing so
Thats why we need to create a more offensive approach to our gameplan. No more soaking pressure just because

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Thing is, we are not really used being goals down and chasing the result.So we collapsed mentally.$#@! happens...
Especially against a good or top opposition. It's as I said we didn't see this scenario in knockouts.

I agree with deflection, that was cruel way to concede goals, 1 is fine , 2 was disheartening.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
We don't have their budget either.We are a team that didn't have a proper formation till January.And in June we are in the CL final.All thanks to Allegri's tactical approach and endless tactical experiments and tweaking.

Let's not fool ourselves here, we lack players in many positions, expecially attacking wc players.Problem is they cost a lot.This summer is going to be decisive.We are spending, bringing established wc players and demonstrate us as one of the top 3-4 teams in Europe, or we are going for the Berardis and De Scilios of this world and returning to mediocrity

Apr 19, 2007
We could be more attacking but teams like Barca really struggle being down a goal and having teams sit and defend properly. Being down against a team with lethall strikers and the most lethal of our time is a tough task. Yes we tried to make a push and immediately got hit by Ronaldo thats what the best do We didnt have that

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Damn this still hurts I'm so bitter about everything, can't even go out and do anything without being in a crabby mood. Work is going to suck tomorrow. I hate Sergio Ramos, those deflected goals, and Especially Higuain. I'm with the argentines now on my view of Gonzalo.

May 23, 2013
Guys, i think the most people here seriously overrate madrids midfield.We completely dominated them in the first half.Actually except for their goal, we had a great first half, to the point i was 100% sure we would win the game.

In the second half Madrid came oute to press us hard.But we knew it ffs.Max knew it would happen, our players knew it would happen.It was logical for them to have their 15-20 minutes of hard pressing.Actually it has happened many times before in the games against Barca and Monaco.We were staying deep, soaking pressure.And guess what.....they created absolutely NOTHING.I struggle to remember a good clear oportunity Madrid created in the beggining of the 2nd half, apart from some pathitic shots from Isco(?).We seemed bad ok, but this is just our game.I think Max was waiting for the storm to pass, and then bring Cuadrado in the 70th minute to attack a tired and frustrated Madrid team.

And suddenly, out of nothing Casemiro shots, ball takes a deflection and it's $#@!ing 1-2.This could have happened against Barca or Monaco too.It's just luck.Their first 2 goals were actually deflections.After that we lost our concentration and our organisation, and that's clear in Madrid's 3rd goal.The rest is history.

Thing is, we are not really used being goals down and chasing the result.So we collapsed mentally.$#@! happens...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The footballing world is sucking real madrids cock. I can't go 10 paces without hearing how Ronaldo is up there with pele and real Madrid are the greatest team ever and so on. Fucking nauseous. :inter:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
At the end of the day neither of their first 2 goals should have went in.

Bonucci was too slow to react to Ronaldo's shot and they got the deflection of all deflections to give them the lead again after that.

We were unlucky to concede both of those goals and after that the heads dropped and went into self destruct mode.

It just wasn't to be our night unfortunately but the team definitely needs some major signings.

We have seen Cuad isn't reliable and in midfield Khedira and Pjanic got completely over run while we offered nothing in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)