[CL FINAL] JUVENTUS 1-4 Real Madrid [3rd June, 2017] (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Milan back then was the most talented team in the CL and was built to win in that league. The Istanbul and La Coruna games were brain-farts by Milan, not a function of superior teams getting the best of Milan.
This is not the case with Juve now.
Getting to the CL final is not something that could be reasonably predicted outright or taken for granted, which was my point from earlier. Juve may make the CL final next year or they may well not make another final for the next 10-15 years.

As for what I would like to happen or should cheer for, what does that have anything to do with reality? What I would like or don't like should not come in the way of reason and logic and the same goes for you.
The reality is that Real is talented enough to make it 3 in a row and whether that happens or not will be determined by their play on the field, not by what I wish would or would not happen.
Real got lucky against Bayern this season. People are crying over us missing a Vidal type midfielder but Vidal precisely missed a pen kick for 2:0 lead in the first leg against Real. Then he got sent off 2nd leg and Real scored 2 offside goals. Not my words. See here: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rn-munich-champions-league-quarter-final-live

If u can call bad ref luck though. And i know that Vidal pen first leg was a poor call but the point was that Vidal who some cry about missed it and it ended up being turning point of game. Bayern made a mistake counting on him to take the big responsibilities. He is a good squad player but shouldnt be the man to build your team around. Which was the case for the Bayern of 16/17.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Real got lucky against Bayern this season. People are crying over us missing a Vidal type midfielder but Vidal precisely missed a pen kick for 2:0 lead in the first leg against Real. Then he got sent off 2nd leg and Real scored 2 offside goals. Not my words. See here: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rn-munich-champions-league-quarter-final-live

If u can call bad ref luck though. And i know that Vidal pen first leg was a poor call but the point was that Vidal who some cry about missed it and it ended up being turning point of game. Bayern made a mistake counting on him to take the big responsibilities. He is a good squad player but shouldnt be the man to build your team around. Which was the case for the Bayern of 16/17.
You dont build around Vidal. he's part of the machine

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Bayern did if u watched their side this season. He wasnt part of a MPP midfield like at Juve. He was given more room to express himself. Their wingers often targeted Vidal with their crosses edge of opposition box. I was surprised Bayern build team around him. You just know there is going to be a day where he makes some stupid mistake, gets sent off and lets the whole team down.

If Bayern had scored that pen for 2:0 i cant see Real coming back and win first leg. The fact Vidal then gets himself sent off made Real go for it and they capitalized. Remember Real only won 2-1 first leg and scored 2nd during last 15 min of the game. Bayern couldnt hold on with 10 men. But what if Vidal hadnt bottled the pen?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We need to get to a final and not vs barca or Fucking Real :D

Have they even lost a final in the last 20 years?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
If we make the final again, we need our opponent to be someone below our European pedigree like Monaco, Man City, Chelsea, PSG and the likes.

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
I feel fucking empty, didn't sleep shit on saturday. I did see Juve play 4 finals and EVERYTIME THEY LOST THIS SH*T

Two points that are still haunting me:

-I simply cannot understand the terrible drop of form that happened in the 2nd half. It's not Real that just became so much better. It was Juve that played so much worse. Passes into oblivion, unnecessary lost balls (mandzu waiting for the ball instead of running to it, resulting in the 3-1 KO).
Where was our fcking grinta!? this is the final of the finals, the peak of club football god damnit!

-Real played, well and overall they deserved it... in this final game
BUT Juve was arguably the best team in this tourney and deserved a win more than anybody else!

Now please just don't fall apart as a team. Failing the league and not reaching the final next year (what is highly possible) could do some major damage. Take the new Logo, the new Stadium, get a fckn good sponsor that brings more money than jeep, spend a hundred million euros for a talent and don't sell anybody important. Real's bench is worth more than Juve's entire squad, we need to catch up if we want to have a chance anytime soon.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Thats far too much credit.

With Khedira-Pjanic we lack a mobile cm that will get back into the box quickly when defending. Because of this we were prone to madrid players showing up at the center of the box.

Khedira is too slow and too tactically inept to see this.

A carbon copy of the same situation occured 60 minutes later, only this time Marchisio was on the field, and he slid in just in time to block the shot.

Put Marchisio/Mascherano/Matic/Nainggolan/Casemiro/Martinez/... next to Pjanic and have them defend the box, and that weakness is gone.

The third goal was a possession loss in which they outnumbered us and a goal only ronaldo can score.
Yeah just loosely group Marchisio with those group of world class CM's. No worries.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Alves who is a winner "A CL final is like a boxing match, it's all psychological, you can't show weakness because again, like i said, at this level this is what happens when you do"

I stole the above from his thread but its more relevant here. Looking back at how Real played, the Ramos, Carvajal and even Ronaldo, they exhibited strong charecteristics. They looked every bit like they came out for war, pumped up, playing with confidence and arrogance. A winners mentality. We got a lot to learn, I believe Buffon said it best when he said he learned from Alves that its all mental. When you look at how Buffon came off the coach thats exactly what he was trying to do, sunglasses on, listening to music, not attempting to show signs of weakness. You cant create situations with pressure in training but thats exactly what we need, we need big games more of them, which is why hopefully next year our rivals in serie A will equip up and give us exactly that.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Luck is vital. That's something we simply never have in CL finals, something we can't buy, train or even pray for.
And that is what makes this whole thing even sadder.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Alves who is a winner "A CL final is like a boxing match, it's all psychological, you can't show weakness because again, like i said, at this level this is what happens when you do"

I stole the above from his thread but its more relevant here. Looking back at how Real played, the Ramos, Carvajal and even Ronaldo, they exhibited strong charecteristics. They looked every bit like they came out for war, pumped up, playing with confidence and arrogance. A winners mentality. We got a lot to learn, I believe Buffon said it best when he said he learned from Alves that its all mental. When you look at how Buffon came off the coach thats exactly what he was trying to do, sunglasses on, listening to music, not attempting to show signs of weakness. You cant create situations with pressure in training but thats exactly what we need, we need big games more of them, which is why hopefully next year our rivals in serie A will equip up and give us exactly that.
but he looked devastated after the first goal :sad:

So it doesnt worked much it seems.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Our loss had nothing to do with luck. Stop deluding yourselves ffs! We were absolute shit in the 2nd half. We could've played for another 3 days, and would have still failed to score. We barely ventured out of our own half, and had 0, fucking 0 shots on target in the 2nd half. It was our worst half of the season.

So let's stop being losers and blaming shit on luck.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Am I the only one here that has decided Im over this loss because whats the point, we all know what went wrong and what we're truly capable of. Already looking forward to what we do this summer, and the next CL campaign. All of our players surely know what went wrong on Saturday and know what they are capable of next season. Forza Juve!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I'm not looking forward to next season at all, no anticipation, no optimism, no nothing
Don't worry Iniesta will get our spring back ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Only a top signing will raise spirits again. Any mediocre garbage like, I'm gonna say it......
Bernadeschi
as our marquee signing then forget it.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Luck is vital. That's something we simply never have in CL finals, something we can't buy, train or even pray for.
And that is what makes this whole thing even sadder.
So are refs. Can't wait for the video replay improvement to arrive in European competitions.

Real shouldn't have even been in Semis this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)