[CL] Champions League 2011/12 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm saying they got lucky, and didn't deserve to win the trophy, just like Liverpool in 05, and United in 99. The better team didn't win last night. Bayern lost it, more than Chelsea won it.

Deal with it!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If Bayern were the better team they would not have lost at home to Chelsea.

No luck gets a team to defend as well as Chelsea did against teams like Barcelona and Bayern.

Deal with it?

I dont even like them, and thats clear from my posts, i cheered against them in every single game they played. That does not mean, i cannot give credit when its due (other than when i'm trolling :p)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Bastard :p

I congratulated Gabriel :D

Credit to them for defending as they did, but they needed a lot of luck as well. In the end, Bayern's profligacy in front of goal, and lack of a killer instinct cost them the title. There's always an element of luck when it comes down to penalties.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
I really don't understand how luck has anything to do with this, Chelsea won this by heart, extremely good organization, lots of spirit, hard work and boring but extremely effective tactics. Di Matteo overturned a 3-1 loss to Napoli, he beat Benfica home and away, he got the better of Barcelona tactically over two legs, and then he beat Bayern in the final on their own turf. Seriously, credit where it is due, this is a huge achievement for Chelsea, and one that they deserved completely. They might have been boring, and ruined the spectacle for fans who like to watch good entertaining attacking football, but that is football for you. I don't like them, or the manner in which they won the tournament, but saying that they won down to luck, or that they don't deserve it is just laughable.

Also, winning it is easy if you have Drogba in red hot form? :howler:

That can't seriously be an argument. Top managers like Mourinho couldn't win it with them when Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Essien and co were at their peak. Seriously, i don't understand why people don't give credit when its due, to teams they don't like.
1.Lucky penalty against Benfica
2.Lucky hand ball penalty against Napoli
3.Sanchez hitting crossbar at SB
4.Messi penalty miss
5.Robben penalty miss

all this is pure luck

but, fuck Bayern

ItzLeif

Feb 12, 2012
Slagging off Chelsea for last nights CATENACCIO performance (which has been done by them since Mourinho took the reigns let me add), is like saying Italy were shit and didn't deserve to win the world cup.
There's more to football than attacking. It's called SMART football.
This is the weakest Chelsea team since 1996/1997. Why on earth would they play attacking football against the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich? If they did, you'd all call them fools.
There's always something to complain about though I guess.

ItzLeif

Feb 12, 2012
1.Lucky penalty against Benfica
2.Lucky hand ball penalty against Napoli
3.Sanchez hitting crossbar at SB
4.Messi penalty miss
5.Robben penalty miss

all this is pure luck

but, $#@! Bayern
1: A penalty vs. Benfica isn't lucky. It's called bad defending and judgement from Benfica.
2: A hand ball penalty vs. Napoli isn't called lucky. It's called foolishness from Napoli.
3: Sanchez hitting the crossbar isn't lucky. It's called bad, inaccurate finishing.
4: Messi penalty miss isn't luck. It's called bad composure and finishing.
5: Robben penalty miss isn't luck. It's called bad composure and finishing.
Luck does not exist. It's a trick of the mind to ultimately make people feel more positive in life. This has been proven. But, lie to yourselves as much as you please.
:)

---------- Post added 20.05.2012 at 08:52 ----------

9 men at the edge of your own box is not catenaccio.
Look at the heat map from the game. Most of Chelsea's action was exactly 43 yards from the box.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Bastard :p

I congratulated Gabriel :D

Credit to them for defending as they did, but they needed a lot of luck as well. In the end, Bayern's profligacy in front of goal, and lack of a killer instinct cost them the title. There's always an element of luck when it comes down to penalties.
Definitely agree with that. But the fact that they got it to penalties, while playing at Bayern's turf is why i'm saying luck has nothing to do with it. Bayern couldn't break them down, neither could Barca. They deserve credit for that.

Its probably clear from my posts, that i am no fan of defensive football, or negative tactics. I don't like the way Chelsea won the CL, and i hope no other team wins it that way, but its part of football unfortunately, again, i believe they fully deserved the CL.

---------- Post added 20.05.2012 at 12:01 ----------

aaa, okay, so luck doesnt exist :)
It does exist, but its role in determining events is overstated.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Congrats to Chelsea and Gabriel. DROGBAAAAAAAA :weee:

I think Chelsea were lucky against Benfica, Benfica should have had 2 penaltys in the first match.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, well -- a 6th place team versus a 2nd place team in their respective domestic leagues. Some Champions League final. :andyandbarcelona:

To paraphrase Dolan cartoons: UEFA pls!

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
a final shouldn't be decided with penalties IMO, final should be replayed until one of them really win, or maybe they should create new regulations that counting win/draw/lose % throughout the entire tournament as well as goal difference to decide who win after a final dead lock, that IMO more fair than penalty shootouts; actually that should be done since knock out stage :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)