[CL] Barcelona 3-0 JUVENTUS [September 12th 2017] (13 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Before De Sciglio went off we looked rather comfortable considering we were playing at the Camp Nou. We kept our shape and Messi was simply a shadow during most periods. Thought the game plan was a good one. We didnt panic and played some good direct passes and created some chances. In terms of tactics, what on earth could he have done? We were rather thin in quality on the bench. It's just one of those games where we switched off more than once and got burnt. Messi is Messi but a full strength Juve wouldn't give him that amount of freedom like he had in that 2nd half.
I agree that we were organized and we kept our shape, but I disagree about the attacking performance. We had lots of shots on goal, without really creating lots of chances, but in many occasions when we won the ball in midfield I expected much more from the attackers.
Actually, if our attackers did their job much better in that first half, which was Allegri's plan I believe, we would have kept that shape in the second half instead of crumbling the way we did.

At least for this particular match, my main culprits were our best players - Dybala and Higuain. They didn't give us a chance to fight.
The individual mistakes would have happened nevertheless, because we had lots of rookies or weak players. We might have lost anyway, but if Higgy and Dybala worked better in attack, we would have stood a chance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Exactly like I said before. When DeSciglio went off if Lichtsteiner was here we wouldn’t have had to put sturaro there out of position and side. Then when we lost him we got to defensive and sat back and once again lost
In all fairness, Messi' 2nd goal is what they're great at, countering. We pushed too many forward and lost possession and it took one pass which took several players out the game. I said to the the old fart sat next to me once the break was on. This is gonna end into a goal.
We moan about sitting too deep and not attacking. Messi' 2nd goal is why many teams get annihilated at the Camp Nou.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In all fairness, Messi' 2nd goal is what they're great at, countering. We pushed too many forward and lost possession and it took one pass which took several players out the game. I said to the the old fart sat next to me once the break was on. This is gonna end into a goal.
Here I have to completely agree. They are great at countering and we gave them that. Had we scored in the situations when we were the ones countering, we'd have robbed them of the opportunities to counter us. That's why I mostly blame our attackers tonight.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I can't believe some people still tolerate that traitor POS around here. He deserves a constant stream of hate whenever he shows back up
That's because their majesties tolerate such cunts here, but if you post a panda gif you're outta line buddy.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The optimism needed a reality check, but I just hate that we deal with this every year because we like to fuck up an area of the team every summer, at some point our luck will run out
I'll say one thing, with how we go full mad scientist on our starting XI every season compared to the big boys, i'm shocked we managed to more or less consistently improve our team. I've been saying all Summer long that this is the year our luck runs out.

If our current Summer habits and lack of spending continue, we'll probably be behind Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern, United and possibly City before 2020.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The optimism needed a reality check, but I just hate that we deal with this every year because we like to fuck up an area of the team every summer, at some point our luck will run out
Tactical organisation matters less when you go from what we had to this game of De Sciglio / Sturaro - Barzagli - Benatia - Sandro.

Litterally only one who is good enough to start, in part of the team that was our strongest, and with Real had most quality in defence. Bizzare to not realize how much worse this can get due to that.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)