[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We don't know that for sure. Capello may just have said that to fuck with Wenger. Us playing on Saturday was not necessarily a bad thing, because I think we gained some valuable experience from that game. It was a great work out. Arsenal have had none, and it's been longer since they've faced an opponent.
Arsenal 0-2 Juve is my hope, because I believe we have the ABILITY to achieve this.
My logic says 1-1.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Jem83 said:
We don't know that for sure. Capello may just have said that to fuck with Wenger. Us playing on Saturday was not necessarily a bad thing, because I think we gained some valuable experience from that game. It was a great work out. Arsenal have had none, and it's been longer since they've faced an opponent.
Arsenal 0-2 Juve is my hope, because I believe we have the ABILITY to achieve this.
My logic says 1-1.

You can hope for this sine zambo canna thuram are there !
Well , the whole team is like a solid fighter

I BELIEVE

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
It draws closer, folks! A mixture of optimism and feelings of impending doom on here; but remember - this is the Champions League, anything can happen over 2 legs and Tuesday is only the first half. Let's hope we have a strong one, eh?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
AN opinion

With DP not starting the game, nothing has to change and a player with similar skills should start, Mutu. The key to winning the game is crowding the midfield and causing frustration for Henry as early as possible in the midfield, knowing he will goes back and takes his balls. The key for that is Blasi, we wll know what he did to Zidane in the encounter agaisnt Madrid last year.

Man management

Vieira has been highlighted a lot in this game and lots of pressure is being stacked on hsi shoulders. Simply, he should not start the game and I would start with Blasi instead. Yes Blasi and give him one role to frustrate Henry. Vieira can come in after Blasi receives a yellow card, he would come in with less pressure and more wish to prove something.

Exchanging roles

With Nedved being given a wide role (no one knows whw), I see Zambrotta as the only replacement for the blondie. NOT MUTU, he's not a winger and he is needed up front. With Zambrotta playing in the middle, this leaves us with Chiellini (a good perfornamce against Roma) in the left back and Zebina on the right side. Blasi's presence in the middle will help cover Zebina's weaknesses in defence.

Creativity

Zebina does a good job up the flank and therefore we don't need to limit Camoranesi's abilities by shutting him as a winger, thus he'll be give a free role more in the middle behinde the forwards. Mutu will be used as a support striker for Trezeguet. Mutu and Camoranesi will offer enough creativity and their position will minimize the use of the useless long ball. Trezeguet will receive more of the passes he wishes for and crosses from Zambrotta/Chiellini or Zebina.

Stability

This formation offers balance in termsn of defence and attack and the new roles and different distributions are easy to manoever to change the formation with minimal effort to whatever the game drifts to.

---------------Buffon------------------
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Chiellini
---------Blasi Emerson Zambrotta--
---------Camoranesi-----------------
-----------------------Mutu-----------
--------Trezeguet--------------------​

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
New roles

With DP not starting the game, nothing has to change and a player with similar skills should start, Mutu. The key to winning the game is crowding the midfield and causing frustration for Henry as early as possible in the midfield, knowing he will goes back and takes his balls. The key for that is Blasi, we wll know what he did to Zidane in the encounter agaisnt Madrid last year.

Man management

Vieira has been highlighted a lot in this game and lots of pressure is being stacked on hsi shoulders. Simply, he should not start the game and I would start with Blasi instead. Yes Blasi and give him one role to frustrate Henry. Vieira can come in after Blasi receives a yellow card, he would come in with less pressure and more wish to prove something.

Exchanging roles

With Nedved being given a wide role (no one knows whw), I see Zambrotta as the only replacement for the blondie. NOT MUTU, he's not a winger and he is needed up front. With Zambrotta playing in the middle, this leaves us with Chiellini (a good perfornamce against Roma) in the left back and Zebina on the right side. Blasi's presence in the middle will help cover Zebina's weaknesses in defence.

Creativity

Zebina does a good job up the flank and therefore we don't need to limit Camoranesi's abilities by shutting him as a winger, thus he'll be give a free role more in the middle behinde the forwards. Mutu will be used as a support striker for Trezeguet. Mutu and Camoranesi will offer enough creativity and their position will minimize the use of the useless long ball. Trezeguet will receive more of the passes he wishes for and crosses from Zambrotta/Chiellini or Zebina.

Stability

This formation offers balance in termsn of defence and attack and the new roles and different distributions are easy to manoever to change the formation with minimal effort to whatever the game drifts to.

---------------Buffon------------------
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Chiellini
---------Blasi Emerson Zambrotta--
---------Camoranesi-----------------
-----------------------Mutu-----------
--------Trezeguet--------------------​

good post.. this could really work. I saw today the highlight of the last match between Arsenal-juve in london, and Zambrotta did quite good in midfield

Mar 17, 2006
Juventus weak on their right side? Arsenal love playing on the left channel..if they exploit this match will be over in the first half.

70-80% of Arsenal attacks from their left channel.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
yeah, I know, it's a pity..

If we moved the club to anywhere else in Italy we would have sell-out crowds week in/week out.
I want the club to stay in Turin, though, and as we all know; it will.
I hope the Mondo Juve project is successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)