[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Unfortunately that's not available here unless you find a bar and pay out your ass. Plus i have school :(
That's not entirely bad news for us here in the States. Given ESPN En Inglese's fixation with EPL teams, if they don't show this leg they will undoubtedly cover the second one.

Which means more opportunities to throw things at my TV screen every time Tommy Smyth opens his idiotic mouth. :confused:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Trez and Viera prepared for Henry's game

Juventus striker David Trezeguet is not worried about Arsenal or Henry for that matter, and Juve is prepared for him, and his game.

Trezeguet said: "I have spoken to Thierry and warned him to be prepared for us.

"I believe I am going to come out on top - I have a good feeling that I will score in London.

"Patrick Vieira and I know Thierry's game so well and we both know how to stop him.

"He is a one-off, a world star, but he has certain defects that only a few people know about.

"Arsenal showed against Real Madrid what they can do, but I think we are the better side.

"Arsenal's run in Europe has come to an end because they have been drawn against the side that will be champions this season."

TREZEGUET!!!! :excited:

Source: www.talksoccer.net

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Good words from Trezegol. I think it will end 1-1

Trezegol and henry to score.

I hope we play like this:

Mutu - Trezeguet - Ibrahimovic

Vieira - Emerson - Camoranesi

Zambro - Canna - Kovac -Thuram

Buffon

FORZA JUVE!!!

I dream nightmares about Zebina / Pessotto on the rightback. And Chiellini / Balza on the left.
I hope that Capello can make this lineup happen. Thuram for rightback!!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Arsenal-Juve: Midfield Will Be Crucial
Tuesday night sees runaway Serie A leaders Juventus in London to take on Arsenal, the club previously captained by their influential midfielder Patrick Vieira, in the first leg of a Champions League quarter-final. And Gunners boss Arsene Wenger says the midfield battle will be crucial.
However, Wenger believes it won't just be about Cesc Fabregas trying to prove a point to his former team-mate Vieira.

"I feel Cesc is a different player, one based more on mobility, whereas Patrick is more on physical presence," said Wenger in the build-up to the much-anticipated clash.

"They have the same understanding of the game, but the way they express their game intentions is a little bit different.

"For us, Patrick was an amazing player and I am convinced Cesc will be."

Wenger added: "What is interesting will be to see our midfield against their midfield, because it is not only Patrick, they have Emerson and Camoranesi too, so the strength of Juventus in there is high."

Arsenal's weekend Premiership fixture against Portsmouth was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch at Fratton Park, while Juve's Alessandro Del Piero is out of the squad after sufering a thigh injury during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Roma in Serie A.

Also out of the tie will be Juve's Pavel Nedved, suspended, and arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor, cup-tied after appearing for Monaco.

But Sol Campbell might be in contention having recovered from an ankle injury. However, there are doubts about the fitness of Freddie Ljungberg (calf) and Jose Antonio Reyes (hamstring).

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello Promises Great Match Against Arsenal

Juventus are ready for the Champions League London clash.
Following the draw achieved at home against Roma, the Bianconeri are ready to get back to winning ways starting off from the delicate encounter against Arsenal in the Uefa Champions League.

“We’re going to London to play a great match. Having played with ten men on a sandy pitch, which is not the best possible thing, we shall make more effort, however in the game against Arsenal, tiredness does not matter.

“I was pleased with the team against Roma, even though it’s a pity to suffer a goal like that, from a set piece.

“We are bitter about it, but from this game we shall leave for London convinced of doing very well because I saw a tonic and determined team."

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Jeeks said:
I have a feeling our players will look clueless in Highbury.
you mean the same like they performed with liverpool , i have the same feeling.
every gama capello say he is confedant of the win and he do nothing

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Wenger praises Vieira
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has praised former Gunners midfielder Patrick Vieira ahead of their Champions League clash with Juventus on Tuesday. “He had suffered a lot at the beginning, but despite that I immediately picked him,” said Wenger. “I never had the slightest doubt. To win the ball from Patrick didn't take one man, it didn't take two – it took at least three men around him. And even those three couldn't be sure of winning the ball. He was huge for me, immediately.”

Gunners targeted Thuram
Arsene Wenger has admitted that he has made several attempts to bring Juventus defender Lilian Thuram to Arsenal. The pair worked together at Monaco when Wenger was Coach of the Ligue 1 outfit and it was thought that the Gunners were interested in Thuram before he moved to Turin from Parma. “Thuram is the rock at the heart of the Juventus defence,” Wenger stated. “He is a very strong boy mentally. He is highly focused and will never give up. He had the typical mentality to play in England. I tried to buy him many times but he was always too expensive.”

Vieira loves Juve hunger
Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira believes that the major difference between his current employers and former club Arsenal is their will to win. Vieira spent nine seasons at Highbury before switching to Turin last summer. “There's such a will to win here at Juve,” said the French ace. “They are so used to winning. I feel pressure to do well and that hadn't happened in a while at Arsenal. What makes Juventus so successful? The hunger to win, the hunger to improve, the hunger to fight for every ball. I know I wasn't at my best over the last two years in London, but I believe that each time my form has dipped I've been capable of pulling myself back up. Perhaps I needed a new challenge, so this move came at the right time.”

Henry recalls Juve career
Arsenal’s Thierry Henry is excited by this Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Juventus. “I am looking forward to playing my old team, although I was only there for six months,” said the Gunners striker. “When I arrived Juve were eighth and when I left they were sixth. Marcello Lippi signed me but he resigned after four games and in that time I was a sub three times. When Carlo Ancelotti took over, I played all the games. I took time to adapt but at the end I was scoring and giving assists and the team was playing well. Juventus wanted me to stay but Arsenal came in and I felt it was the best move for me. I have nothing to prove to anyone over there, but I am still relishing the chance to play against them on Tuesday.”

Gunners link to Del Piero
Arsenal have reawakened their interest in Alessandro Del Piero after the Juve forward once again expressed frustration with his situation. The Azzurri striker fears he is becoming known as a 'super-sub' in Italy because of the way he is used by Coach Fabio Capello. According to Tuttosport, Del Piero is thinking of demanding a move from the Old Lady this summer with the Premiership his favourite destination. “I feel I have five or six years in me yet,” he said. “Who knows whether I will spend it all with Juventus but I can’t see me staying in Italy.” Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is a big admirer of Del Piero and the Frenchman sees him as the ideal replacement for the retiring ex-Inter flop Dennis Bergkamp.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
m_elayyan said:
you mean the same like they performed with liverpool , i have the same feeling.
every gama capello say he is confedant of the win and he do nothing
Yes, they will sit and watch Arsenal attack and attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)