[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
Maresca said:
one quetion, how many fans does arsenal have outside london
You do realise that a report was released last month and Arsenal are the fastest growing brand in world Football.

Yes, world football.

I've never seen a board full of such retarded comments in my life :lol: :lol: :lol:

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Goonersauras said:
Just to let you know, your stadium is shite and 20,000 a week is pathetic.
just to let you know you've never been past the quater finals of the champions league, and oh, wait, you're 6th in the league, you should concentrate on winning the fa cup next season, oh wait, who knocked you this season? bolton?

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Jem83 said:
Trez and Viera prepared for Henry's game

Juventus striker David Trezeguet is not worried about Arsenal or Henry for that matter, and Juve is prepared for him, and his game.

Trezeguet said: "I have spoken to Thierry and warned him to be prepared for us.

"I believe I am going to come out on top - I have a good feeling that I will score in London.
"Patrick Vieira and I know Thierry's game so well and we both know how to stop him.

"He is a one-off, a world star, but he has certain defects that only a few people know about.

"Arsenal showed against Real Madrid what they can do, but I think we are the better side.

"Arsenal's run in Europe has come to an end because they have been drawn against the side that will be champions this season."

TREZEGUET!!!! :excited:

Source: www.talksoccer.net
Forza Trez!!!

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
Il Re said:
just to let you know you've never been past the quater finals of the champions league, and oh, wait, you're 6th in the league, you should concentrate on winning the fa cup next season, oh wait, who knocked you this season? bolton?
1 bad season due to injuries..

You wouldn't know about struggle, Gloryhunters :tdown:

You do realise the only 1st team members that played against Bolton were Sol, Hleb, Reyes and RvP.

Yep, we're 6th, Liverpool were 5th and they still outplayed you last season :agree:

Good ol' corrupt Juventus.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Goonersauras said:
You do realise that a report was released last month and Arsenal are the fastest growing brand in world Football.

Yes, world football.

I've never seen a board full of such retarded comments in my life :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're wasting your time here, mate.
And how can they be more fast growing than Juve?

We've now acquired the best sponsorship deal in football (Tamoil - 22m a season) as well as the largest TV-deal, the one with Mediaset. Plus our fanbase is huge.

Look at your sorry ass team, lying 5th in the table.
Stand up for the champions of Italy, and soon to be crowned kings of Europe!!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Goonersauras said:

You do realise the only 1st team members that played against Bolton were Sol, Hleb, Reyes and RvP.

Yep, we're 6th, Liverpool were 5th and they still outplayed you last season :agree:

I swear to God, if you keep up with the provocations you'll be banned sooner than you can say "and Trez makes it 4-0".

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Juve between Arsenal and history

Two Premiership rivals came to the end of their UEFA Champions League road in the first knockout round, leaving Arsenal FC to stand alone as England's standard bearer in the competition. To progress further they must overcome another former title winner in Juventus, having just disposed of nine–times champions Real Madrid CF.

Vieira return
• It is a quarter-final that has particular resonance for Arsenal's former captain Patrick Vieira, who returns to the club he called home for nine years wearing the famous black and white of the Bianconeri.

Away win
• Against Madrid, Arsenal did the damage at the Santiago Bernabéu, winning by a single Thierry Henry goal, his fourth in the competition to date, before holding their visitors to a goalless draw in north London. With two losing appearances in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals behind them, they start at home with the return in Turin on 5 April.

First time
• It is the first time Arsenal have tackled Serie A opposition in the knockout rounds of the UEFA Champions League while Juventus will be looking to avoid a similar outcome to last term when they went out to another Premiership side, Liverpool FC, at this stage.

Arsenal on top
• The clubs last met in the 2001/02 second group stage when Arsenal recorded a 3-1 home victory, with Fredrik Ljungberg twice on target. The Italian champions won the return 1-0 through Marcelo Zalayeta.

• Their only other encounter in UEFA competition came in the 1979/80 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup semi-final when Arsenal progressed with a 1-0 away success after a 1-1 draw at Highbury.

Superior scores
• In the UEFA Champions League Arsenal, competing for the eighth successive season, have responded well to the Italian challenge.

• Arsenal have played five home games against Italian teams in the UEFA Champions League group stages, with two wins, two defeats and one draw. The losses started and finished the sequence - 1-0 against ACF Fiorentina at Wembley in the 1999/00 first group stage and 3-0 against FC Internazionale Milano in the 2003/04 group stage.

• If assessed on an aggregate basis, Arsenal's combined scores have proved superior on the last four occasions they have been paired in the same group as Serie A opponents.

• Arsenal have twice played Italian sides in UEFA finals. In the 1993/94 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final they beat Parma FC 1-0 in Copenhagen but then lost the 1994 UEFA Super Cup 2-0 on aggregate to AC Milan.

Last game?
• Arsène Wenger's men go into the match knowing it could be the final European tie to be staged at the Highbury stadium which has been their home for 93 years. From next term they will be playing at a new ground at nearby Ashburton Grove.

• Speculation about where Henry will be playing his football next year provides comment for English newspapers on a daily basis but he is sure to be wholly focused for this double-header as he is also facing a former club. The Arsenal captain spent seven months with Juve in 1999 after making the switch from AS Monaco FC.

Unbeaten in eight
• Since losing at home to Chelsea FC in the 2003/04 quarter-final second leg, the Gunners have played eight games at Highbury in the competition, winning five and drawing three.

• In the current campaign, Arsenal are easily the least generous side to opponents, conceding a mere two goals in eight fixtures to date and posting six successive clean sheets, one short of AC Milan's feat last season.

Lucky Juve
• Juventus, winners of the trophy in 1984/85 and 1995/96, will consider themselves fortunate to have reached this stage for the third time in four seasons. With two minutes remaining in the first knockout round tie at the Stadio Delle Alpi they were staring at the exit door, being held 1-1 by Werder Bremen to compound a 3-2 first-leg defeat.

• Then goalkeeper Tim Wiese inexplicably spilled the ball under no pressure and handed an aggregate winner on away goals for Emerson after David Trezeguet had cancelled out Johan Micoud's early strike. It was Trezeguet's sixth goal in this year's competition, two behind leading marksman Andriy Shevchenko.

Two defeats
• In their tenth UEFA Champions League campaign, Fabio Capello's team are seeking to improve on their last two appearances against English clubs. Last season's defeat by Liverpool had its origins in a 2-1 reverse at Anfield, with Fabio Cannavaro scoring late after two first-half goals by the hosts. The home leg ended 0-0. In the 2002/03 second group stage they went down 2-1 at Manchester United FC and 3-0 at home.

• In 15 meetings with English sides on a home-and-away basis, the Turin outfit have prevailed on aggregate seven times. Juventus also twice beat Liverpool in one-off games, the 1984/85 European Champion Clubs' Cup final (1-0) and the UEFA Super Cup match (2-0) that same season.

• Juve have won just twice in England against local clubs and not since the 1996/97 UEFA Champions League group stage when they triumphed 1-0 at Manchester United.

• Old Trafford was also the scene for the 2002/03 final, when they succumbed 3-2 on penalties to AC Milan after a 0-0 draw.

• Their home record is much stronger, winning ten of their 15 contests and losing just three.

Semi-final opponents
• The winners can look forward to a semi-final tie against the victors of Internazionale against Villarreal CF.

source: uefa.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Goonersauras said:

:blah:

glory hunters, yea................how the hell do you know anything about the juve supporters here, and yes we had a very bad game against liverpool but had a goal disallowed and hit the woodwork twice, and unlike the pathetic madrid team you beat, we in 2003 and 2005 beat a class and good madrid team

good luck for the fa and uefa cup for next season :tup:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
And to respond to the part about "struggle".

Of course we do.

We've experienced Europan Cup final trauma more than any other club in the world, and some of our glorious fans have died - DIED - supporting our club. Back in 85, when those Scouser-hooligans decided to pick a fight.

Feel free to tell me a story about your emotional nights in Europe and watch me yawn.

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
Jem83 said:
And to respond to the part about "struggle".

Of course we do.

We've experienced Europan Cup final trauma more than any other club in the world, and some of our glorious fans have died - DIED - supporting our club. Back in 85, when those Scouser-hooligans decided to pick a fight.

Feel free to tell me a story about your emotional nights in Europe and watch me yawn.
Losing so many finals is deserved, for being a corrupt club.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Maresca said:
good post.. this could really work. I saw today the highlight of the last match between Arsenal-juve in london, and Zambrotta did quite good in midfield
zambrotta has always been class, can hardly remember the last time he played badly.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Goonersauras said:
I didn't know the season was finished already Gloryhunter, I thought we had 9 more Prem games to play :p

This forum is boring like Juventus :lol:
more talk from u eh, if its so boring then fuck off already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)